PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Achievements

Jimo
08-21-2011, 11:17 PM
This is achievement related

If you didn't know there is a secret achievement, this is how I did it if anyone is trying to get it easily.

Turret Opera: Defeat the required number of foes using a single Turret.

Use Zulfs pipe on Game Plus mode, the turrets destroy everything very quickly. I don't know the exact number you need to kill with one turret but I did it with around 3 waves left by just spamming turrets everywhere and making sure they don't die by covering there backs. I took of it as well if anyone is interested.

Video: http://youtu.be/nngSNVI-I1w

Apologies if this has been posted before :)

Tasao
08-22-2011, 12:59 AM
I hadn't discovered that yet. Not likely I would've since I prefer a few other skills over the canister, so thanks for the heads up.

I did it by setting up 2 at the top of the stairs pointing from where you drop in, and then later 4 more in the bottom corner pointing out at different directions. Nothing ever got behind them, so it seems like a good bet. Got the achievement easily.

Tried it on Zulf's Who Knows Where, and I'll warn you that it's no good there. The Rattletails or whatever just mercilessly bomb them every time they're out on the field. And on top of that, the Ura tend to dash behind the turrets and violate them just as well even with you standing by playing defense.

Edit: Can confirm it works great in Zia's, though. Easily got 4 turrets and then some extras in each corner, covering most of the area in cross-fire. The only problem enemies seemed to be Lunkheads and occasionally a bird got behind them.

Dedlok
08-22-2011, 01:48 PM
You can also get it very easily in the stage with the Shard that's in a cage that lifts slowly and waves of enemies attack you while it's raising up. It's also the stage where friendly Squirts and Gasfellows help you out. Also where you find the Trip Mine.

Plus so many Black Tonics drop during that you can have an entire field of the turrets by the end. As evidenced in this screenshot (http://steamcommunity.com/id/dedlok/screenshot/596946075157365521?tab=all) I took.

thynth
09-05-2011, 02:29 AM
Can no one tell me/us how high the "required number" is?! :(

I tried it several times on different levels but couldn't get it yet.

Edit: NICE video btw, Jimo. :)

susl
09-13-2011, 02:41 AM
First time I tried I failed to get this achievement, so keep trying! :)
This is how I did it eventually. Switched off every idol and played kid's dream. Mostly stood in the lower conner of the arena and placed two packs of turrets on the left and on the right. And then just used quick dodge + pike thrust to protect the cannon if some enemy got too close to it.

angrykenji
11-02-2011, 01:28 AM
nice tips. thanks