PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the temple

HansPeter
08-22-2011, 06:27 AM
I got the wall-jump, the spear and climped up again to get the big purse-thingy. But I don't get any further up from there (useless walljump and then nothing).

Also, I went back to the cave were I fought the big bug, past the wall (level 11), but there is a dead end with another useless walljump.

What do I have to do?

On a side note: You can farm infinite AA in the temple (the potion) and buy a seemingly infinte number of stat-increasing potions. Is this balancend somehow? Can stats go infinitely high?

videogames10
08-22-2011, 11:20 AM
I got the wall-jump, the spear and climped up again to get the big purse-thingy.

Where did you find the spear and the wall jump/double jump?

I'm completely stuck in this game. I made it to the temple (level 10), went up and down the elevator, but without a double jump I can't go up any further. I've gone back and looked everywhere, but I can't find anything else in this game. There's a Monkey Cave that I can't get in to (invisible wall prevents me from entering the cave. Glitch?). There's a crypt entrance that requires two blue orbs to enter, but I don't have the blue orb container yet, I don't know where it is and enemies are not yet dropping blue orbs. There's a door in the underground caves that is sealed with stone, which requires a special spear to get through, but I can't find the spear. One of the side quests has me looking for a mask for some guy standing guard outside a temple doorway, but I can't find the mask. I'm just going around in circles.

Any help would be appreciated, because I'm close to giving up on this game.

WarheaD
08-22-2011, 11:38 AM
In the temple you go up to the purse place and use wall jump (Disclaimer: FOR ALL THOSE WHO THINK WALL JUMP IS JUST ANOTHER CHANCE TO JUMP UP, IT IS NOT! The PROPER way to wall jump is to release ALL DIRECTIONAL KEYS when the sparkly effect signaling an available wall jump appears and pressing the jump button ONCE, that'll cause your character to be boosted away from the wall and slightly up, somewhat like a ninja jumping from wall to wall.) up the shaft and get a nice trinket too, not to mention after you go all the way up you get to fight a mage.

Video you have to take the elevator DOWN, there's a system of catacombs and tunnels with spiders and rats there that will yield the blue orb container, a spear and double jump ability.

[SPOILER ALERT]
You can use the Solar spell of your hummingbird on the levers without having to pass all of the catacombs, they simply have to be in sight.

videogames10
08-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Video you have to take the elevator DOWN, there's a system of catacombs and tunnels with spiders and rats there that will yield the blue orb container, a spear and double jump ability.

Thanks for the reply, WarheaD. I'm getting desperate here. Anyway, I did take the elevator down and went through all of the passages that were passable. There were a couple that had flame barriers that remained on continuously, so I could not get past them (bug/glitch?). There were a few other flame barriers that were intermitent. These I could get past. If all of the flame barriers are supposed to be intermitent, then there is a bug in the game. Apparently, the items that I need to progress in the game are behind the flame barriers that are stuck on (assuming they're stuck, of course). As far as taking the elevator up, I can't get all the way to the top without a double jump or wall jump.

What's the deal with the monkey cave. Is that cave supposed to be accessible? If so, it won't let me enter for some reason. It's like there's an invisible wall blocking enrty. Perhaps I need to complete a certain objective before the cave becomes active. I don't know.

Edit: Some of the passages in the temple were blocked by metal grates. I assume the special spear is required to break through them; however, I do not yet have the spear and I don't know where it's located.

WarheaD
08-22-2011, 12:37 PM
You're slightly mistaken here, let me explain.

First of all the grates are indestructible, the doors on the other hand (The big one with skulls) are possible to destroy from time to time (You'll notice they won't open when you get close to them)
As far as the flame traps go, no, those that are there on constantly are either there to make you go around an area or for you to pull down a lever, like I said there a lot of them and I passed it by blindly pulling each one down, so I don't think there's a "puzzle" system where some have to be up. Worst case scenario, some of the flame grates you can roll through, also - rule of thumb says that if the flame deals 8 damage it is constant, 2 is is gonna blink... or the other way around I don't quite remember.

videogames10
08-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks for trying to help, WarheaD, but it looks like this game is glitched somewhere. I've scoured every level from 1 to 10, and I've picked up and manipulated everything I can in those ten levels and there is absolutely no way I can progress any further. There's an item or two that I should have aquired by now that will allow me to get past certain obstacles, but they're nowhere to be found. I'll just have to start a new game and see what happens. I did find a basic walkthrough for this game (.pdf file), but it's pretty much worthless.

TwRecks
08-22-2011, 02:39 PM
In the area where you get the bigger purse you have to repeatedly walljump to reach the end of the temple. You'll know when you're there heh. The monkey cave will be accessible later, it's performing as intended.

And if you got to the temple, you can get all the items necessary to finish it in there. Just knock all the levers in the small tunnel area to the down position, the fire spell works as long as you can see them. Be careful using the wind spell in that area as you can reset some levers without realizing it. Good luck!

HansPeter
08-22-2011, 04:17 PM
This "successive walljump" takes place on only one wall? Or is it like Mario/PoP?

TwRecks
08-22-2011, 04:22 PM
PoP; you bounce back and forth between the 2 walls. After you get the bigger coin purse you do it to continue up that vertical shaft, then again up a narrower shaft to reach the end area of the temple.

And yes, you can buy as many potions as you're willing to grind for. In fact, you probably should get most of your AA points this way as it frees up your skill points for other things. Consider it self adjusting difficulty lol; most people wouldn't be willing to grind enough to get crazy-high stats, but if things get too tough for you the option is there.

HansPeter
08-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks, that did it :D

Now I am stuck at the bottom of the ants nest :o

WarheaD
08-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Ants nest - get to the queen, kill her, she should drop an elemental energy - use it to open the portal door/window it'll take you up. Alternatively you can wall jump the same way as you wall jumped in the temple shaft, it'll take you to the map once you'll reach the top of the ants nest "entrance" shaft.

videogames10
08-23-2011, 11:36 AM
As far as the flame traps go, no, those that are there on constantly are either there to make you go around an area or for you to pull down a lever, like I said there a lot of them and I passed it by blindly pulling each one down, so I don't think there's a "puzzle" system where some have to be up.

I finally figured it out. I simply needed to use sprint-jump to reach the next platform. Got all the stuff that I needed, killed the boss upstairs and booted the butler, the maid and the groundskeeper from the premises. I then raided the refrigerator and helped myself to the wine cellar. Pretty cool temple.

Thanks to WarheaD and HansPeter for trying to help.

atleast0
09-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Can someone describe the wall jumping more? I can do one wall jump where I bounce to the opposite wall, but I can't figure out how to go back and forth.