PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex - Black screen?

Decho
08-22-2011, 01:18 PM
So I've been playing Deus Ex without many problems now, but occasionally, the screen just goes black. The hud, crosshair, and similar things are still there, but other than that, it's just black. I can still move and walk around, but I can't see anything. Is there a fix for this, or is it something I'll just have to deal with as I go through the game?

rossy.jay
08-29-2011, 01:07 PM
I am having the same problem, playing Deus Ex GOTY on Steam using the Deus Exe and Deus Ex Enhanced mods with the DirectX 10 renderer. The time when the 3D parts go black is seemingly random.

Any suggestions?

non_entity
09-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Same here.
I'm using Deus Ex Enhanced and New Vision and their required stuff, I'm guessing one of those does it, not the game itself - unless neither of you is running any of that stuff.

Anyone got any solutions?

sim2er
10-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Dx 10 renderer is the only mod i use. (plus the new game launcher from the same mod)

the only workaround i know is to use the quick save key, (in my case i can actually bring up the pause menu and save manually as well), exit the game, and reload from the save

Moriendor
10-18-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm having the same issue (seems to be caused by the New Vision mod) but for me it works if I just ALT+TAB out of the game for a second or two. It's only a minor annoyance.

sneakbyte
11-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Anyone find a fix its really annoying

Lamento
11-30-2011, 09:30 AM
You could try the advanced OpenGL-renderer, which is packaged together with NewVision.

sneakbyte
12-01-2011, 06:00 AM
Found a fix apparently its to do with HDR with the DX10 Renderer so go into your deusex.ini and under [D3D10Drv.D3D10RenderDevice] set ClassicLighting=True this fixes it permanently. Personally I could not tell the difference.