PDA

View Full Version : i preordered from somewhere else, can i preload ?

Simon19_87
08-22-2011, 02:07 PM
if so how

xD34THx
08-22-2011, 02:07 PM
If you have the key, just enter it in Steam. If you ordered a boxed copy, you have to wait until it arrives.

Simon19_87
08-22-2011, 02:09 PM
sigh, steam is really stupid sometimes.

TimM
08-22-2011, 02:10 PM
... Yeah... because that is Steams fault, you ordered a boxed version.

xD34THx
08-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Please explain your problem. Where you bought it from to begin with. There is no way of knowing whether Steam is stupid or not based on what you've said so far.

SLowrAM
08-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Do you get TF2 stuff if you buy from D2D? My IGN 15% off discount has me spending a lot of money there lately and love that several are Steam Releases allowing me to save money and get full Steam experience. But I don't know if that will include the TF2 gear..?

xD34THx
08-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Do you get TF2 stuff if you buy from D2D? My IGN 15% off discount has me spending a lot of money there lately and love that several are Steam Releases allowing me to save money and get full Steam experience. But I don't know if that will include the TF2 gear..?

Found out that Greenmangaming key does not give you TF2 items, so I can only assume that D2D key acts the same way and TF2 items are Steam exclusive. Buy at your own risk.
By the way, Greenmangaming sells it for 34$/23€. :D

matrix121391
08-22-2011, 02:16 PM
If you're iffy about buying from Steam, keep in mind that the TF2 weapons set can be sold for around $15-20, technically lowering the price from $45 to about what GMG offers. A while back, GMG was selling HR for $28 if you bought it with a coupon. While that was worthwhile, at this very moment, you'll probably be getting a better deal by just buying from Steam and selling your bonuses.

Simon19_87
08-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Its doesnt where i have bought it from.

And only a moron or tf2 kid would buy it off steam, So-so overpriced.

You should be able to download everything off steam regardless of weather or not you have it on your account yet.

xD34THx
08-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Its doesnt where i have bought it from.

And only a moron or tf2 kid would buy it off steam, So-so overpriced.

You should be able to download everything off steam regardless of weather or not you have it on your account yet.

So you're saying Steam should let you play all games for free until you decide to buy/activate them?

Simon19_87
08-22-2011, 02:19 PM
So you're saying Steam should let you play all games for free until you decide to buy/activate them?

No.

You should be able to download whatever you want regardless of weather or not you have it on your account.

Like if my friend logs in on my computer it shows all the games i have installed but if he doesnt own the game it just says preloaded.

xD34THx
08-22-2011, 02:20 PM
No.

You should be able to download whatever you want regardless of weather or not you have it on your account.

Like if my friend logs in on my computer it shows all the games i have installed but if he doesnt own the game it just says preloaded.

steamapps/common

TimM
08-22-2011, 02:21 PM
That won't happen whether you like it or not.

Tankmetal
08-22-2011, 02:22 PM
lol TF2 kids. lots of hate in post F2P.

Simon19_87
08-22-2011, 02:22 PM
yeah because thats where all the games go

so if you have portal 2 and you download it but your friend logs in on the same computer and he doesnt have it it would say portal 2 preloaded and then if he bought it he could play it instantly

you should be able to preload everything.

Simon19_87
08-22-2011, 02:23 PM
lol TF2 kids. lots of hate in post F2P.

it was full of children anyway..? Its a cartoon gun game. its AIMED at children for goodness sake

xD34THx
08-22-2011, 02:24 PM
yeah because thats where all the games go

so if you have portal 2 and you download it but your friend logs in on the same computer and he doesnt have it it would say portal 2 preloaded and then if he bought it he could play it instantly

you should be able to preload everything.

Source games have different folder for each account.

donatom3
08-22-2011, 02:26 PM
No.

Bandwidth costs money, why should they let people download games and waste bandwidth if they'll never buy it and unlock it? If you got a boxed version who cares about preload it'll only take 10-20 minutes to install anyway based on your computer speed.

Simon19_87
08-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Source games have different folder for each account.

Thats extracted from the gcf files in steamapps

GrimCreaper
08-22-2011, 02:31 PM
it was full of children anyway..? Its a cartoon gun game. its AIMED at children for goodness sake

Actually, your wrong. TF2 was designed the way it was to get away from the hyper-realistic bull♥♥♥♥ cropping up in every god damned shooter in the last 5+ years.

Some games are designed around the idea of FUN. not amazing realism. Get over yourself.

also: Im not a huge fan of TF2. i dont like the play style.

Freighter
08-22-2011, 02:36 PM
I don't understand - why would you spend time downloading something - even if you haven't bought it yet?

Whats the point?

NCAzrael
08-22-2011, 02:41 PM

Making a game cel-shaded does not make it aimed at children, you dolt. Boarderlands sure as hell isn't made for children. The last Prince of Persia game isn't made for children. Catherine sure as hell isn't made for children. I could go on and on, but if my point hasn't registered for you so far it probably never will.

Now I'm going to wager a guess that you're what, 14? 15 maybe? I hope for your sake that you're not old enough to live on your own, 'cause man if so you are in for a world of disappointment when you start to figure out how the real world works. Why on earth should a company let you take advantage of the benefits of their service if you aren't going to purchase the game through them? You want it cheaper than it's price on Steam, buy it elsewhere and wait for it to arrive. You want to be able to use Steam to preload, buy it on Steam. It's a pretty simple concept. Don't take your anger out on Steam because you didn't think about the fact that you'd have to wait to install and play the game because you bought it somewhere else.

Freighter
08-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Don't take your anger out on Steam because you didn't think about the fact that you'd have to wait to install and play the game because you bought it somewhere else.

Actually I bought the game from greenman and Steam let me download it. Maybe thats what the OP is on about?

If not and he's waiting for a boxed copy but would like steam to let him download it in the meantime - thats umm.. interesting ;)

Tomberry
08-22-2011, 02:45 PM
@Simon19_87

You write a lot of stupid comments, you also wrote "who cares? Square wouldnt have allowed them to publish the review unless it was going to be favorable." in response to positive reviews for DE:HR when the embargo date is up Oo.

Also you hate on steam so much but here you are posting about wanting to dl from steam even tho you didnt purchase it from them.

Its kinda like buying movie tickets to a theater than heading to another and getting upset when they dont let you see it.