PDA

View Full Version : If its on all systems..... Will there be dedicated servers?

Cocacola123
08-22-2011, 09:04 PM
I am really confused. Are they serious about all the systems being able to play together? Dedicated servers seem like it won't work.

Rayman1103
08-22-2011, 09:21 PM
At least PS3/PC/Mac will have cross-platform play, not sure about the 360 as Microsoft didn't let Valve add it to Portal 2.

Cocacola123
08-22-2011, 09:30 PM
I kinda hope there is a way to prevent playing with consoles. When I played P2 COOP I noticed the PS3 not being fast enough or accurate enough. And that was with out moving enemies.

EliteTemptation
08-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Dedicated servers are confirmed via matchmaking ranked 5v5

super3dcow
08-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Will the PC version have ONLY Matchmaking? I much prefer dedicated servers like the way it is now. If it has matchmaking as an added option, that's great, but if there are no servers, that will just be a huge pain.

EliteTemptation
08-23-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm sure if you go into unranked, it will be a regular server browser

Also, why do you find matchmaking a pain? Matchmaking is THE BEST solution to get real legitimate matches going on.

I've never seen anything better then matchmaking in any game, simply finding servers in a browser leads you into empty servers, players are scattered everywhere, people aren't actually playing, filled with mods, admins that ban on impulse, and etc.

People have been using IRC/ESEA to find matches that would simply be found with a regular matchmaking system

I only see benefits from this, hopefully the game is solid though, if not then I'd like to see a matchmaking implemented into the current version of CS (if possible) and CSS

Or rather, a counter-strike 2

Clanks2
08-23-2011, 07:09 PM
I hope it has matchmaking too.

Matchmaking is one of the best things you can have in any game.

I guess having dedicated servers is ok too.

arisaka
08-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Why wouldn't CS:GO have dedicated servers?

goldrunout
08-24-2011, 07:08 AM
Guys, Gabe said that Valve intention is to fight islands of players, they have never said "CSGO will feature cross platform play". It's more likely that they'll just realize that it is not possible to play in cross platform easily and decide not to make it possible

pokeroots
08-24-2011, 07:27 AM
At least PS3/PC/Mac will have cross-platform play, not sure about the 360 as Microsoft didn't let Valve add it to Portal 2.

Microsoft will not let any 360 players play with PC players because console players got dominated even by mediocre gamers so 360 is a no go