PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles

DrArbitrary
08-23-2011, 03:17 AM
I know that most of the ingame chatter is just for fun but I have hearing problems which make it difficult to understand sometimes.

Could you consider adding subtitles for people like me?

ravage386
08-23-2011, 05:09 AM
I don't have hearing problems, but most of the ambient dialogue is kind of muddled anyway. :/

Subs please

Void(null)
08-23-2011, 05:30 AM
Its a little bit of flavor that gets repetitive after a while. Do you really want to have the joy of seeing "You should pay attention, there will be a quiz after" or "So I boarded this ship and the walls were covered in something, I got the hell out of there quick" spammed on your screen for the 500th time by the time you finish the game?

Personally I would rather see zots go to something everyone can enjoy, like new ships or missions or weapons or enemy types rather than subtitles for the meaningless background chatter.

All of the important game dialogue is already written, you are not missing anything major or even slightly important.

Were this a larger developer I would be right there with you, but as a two person team what we see for content updates is going to be significantly limited by man power, so adding something like this means time and money that otherwise would have gone to something larger that expands the gameplay for all.