PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Relic..

Fociz
08-23-2011, 08:29 PM
This is console awesomeness!

First, the game goes out of range using an nvidia GTX580 in 1080p, I have to ctrl-alt-dlte in order to get my desktop back.
I am forced to lower my resolution to 800x600 to get this pos to even run.

Then you have to sit through a plethora of adds, yes ladies n gents, MORE ADDS! And something tells me this wont change when you purchase the game.

We finally get to the main screen and, oh lookie mouse n kb controls are locked. no real graphics settings to speak of.

Can you say direct console port?

What fail. Why is it we keep getting garbage like this on the PC? what a joke.

Thx for the lousy demo Relic, you saved me from wasting $50 bucks.

Have a great day!

I_am_a_Spoon
08-23-2011, 08:34 PM
First, the game goes out of range using an nvidia GTX580 in 1080p, I have to ctrl-alt-dlte in order to get my desktop back.
I am forced to lower my resolution to 800x600 to get this pos to even run.No problem for me, the game ran perfectly. Must be something on your end.

Then you have to sit through a plethora of adds, yes ladies n gents, MORE ADDS! And something tells me this wont change when you purchase the game.The same single ad, after you finish either campaign excerpt. This is pretty much customary for any demo.

We finally get to the main screen and, oh lookie mouse n kb controls are locked.I could change every setting. Are you even playing the right game?

Reviz
08-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Did you even play the demo at all?

Fociz
08-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Interesting, seems I spoke to soon.

Mouse n kb option seems to get locked if you have a usb controller plugged in to your pc.

Video options not saving once you exit the game, anyone else confirm this?

Adds are still a joke.

gimboid
08-23-2011, 08:43 PM

out of range using an nvidia GTX580 in 1080p, I have to ctrl-alt-dlte

using an nvidia GTX580 in 1080p, I have to ctrl-alt-dlte

nvidia GTX580

Well I hate to break it to you, and I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but Relic optimized the code for AMD/ATI. Which, honestly, is very refreshing seeing as most PC games on the market are primarily optimized for Nvidia. The performance of the demo on my Dual Core AMD and Radeon5770 is near-impeccable. I don't mean to brag - sorry.

Funami
08-23-2011, 08:47 PM

Then you have to sit through a plethora of adds, yes ladies n gents, MORE ADDS! And something tells me this wont change when you purchase the game.

We finally get to the main screen and, oh lookie mouse n kb controls are locked. no real graphics settings to speak of.

Have a great day!

OMG rofl i fell out of my chair when i read this . the problems you are speaking of are most likely on your end. plethora of ADDS where cuz there is only one and its at the end of the demo. also we know its a port. so far its done better then most other ports iv played. i have not run in to any issues with running the game at all. no one is forcing you to buy it. still no clue what you are QQing over.

RizzRustbolt
08-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Foul heretic, I will burn the libelous words from your throat with the Emperor's own bolter.

Fociz
08-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Yeah yeah..I fail today.

Seems you can skip the adds and the mouse n kb are locked if you have a controller plugged in.
I still don't get the out of range issue with my video, and another bud is running nvidia with no issue's so it must be something on my end.

And the game is pretty bad ♥♥♥ so far.

So lemmie have it, I fail!

Now if you'll excuse me while I pull my foot out of my mouth.

Birds
08-23-2011, 09:19 PM
:3

5char

++ DCS <<
08-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah yeah..I fail today.

Seems you can skip the adds and the mouse n kb are locked if you have a controller plugged in.
I still don't get the out of range issue with my video, and another bud is running nvidia with no issue's so it must be something on my end.

And the game is pretty bad ♥♥♥ so far.

So lemmie have it, I fail!

Now if you'll excuse me while I pull my foot out of my mouth.

You admit you were wrong, for that you have my respect.

I_am_a_Spoon
08-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I was pretty harsh. Sorry.

Nryrony
08-23-2011, 11:27 PM

Have a great day!

A. its just a demo, not the final version...

B. We got a demo before the relese, seems to be an unusual fashion these days...

C. Since your not the first and all got nvidia cards, it must be problem with the drivers. Sad to say but thats not relics fault.

Well so far i got no problems here running smooth as it goes and seems to be fun. I just don't like the finishing move=heal mechanic but well lets wait for the final game.

Jibberish
08-23-2011, 11:32 PM
Admitting you are wrong is actually a nice refresher from some of the people around here. You get much respect from me for that.

Why do you find the game to be bad though? I had tons of fun D:

surg3on
08-23-2011, 11:51 PM
LOL how DARE they advertise the game in a DEMO?!

blin
08-24-2011, 12:33 AM
I think he was talking not about the ad of the game which appears when you finish the level, and which is pretty classical for any demo, but about the intro with lables of the producers of the game, which is even more classy for any game. I guess you cant skip it on the first run, right?

datrael
08-24-2011, 02:44 AM
I have:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE OC'd@3.44GHz
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 580 SC'd
RAM: 4GB kingston @ 1333mhz

I can run the game at MAX settings with absolutely no problems at all. I activate Vsync and get CONSTANT 60 FPS, never ever goes down from that. If I deactivate Vsync... well.. the FPS sky rocket.

So no problem with the nvidia GPU.

Update drivers. Never install new ones on top of old ones, uninstall old ones first.

If that is the case, that might fix it.

DarkChaplain
08-24-2011, 02:59 AM
btw, if the Keyboard+Mouse appears locked due to having a gamepad plugged in, go to the normal Game Options menu and disable the gamepad.

This issue has been around in Darksiders as well, but there was no switch available. I see it as a huge plus that Relic put in an option to switch without having to unplug the pad and restart the game =)

bewilderedronin
08-24-2011, 04:01 AM
FFS... Not be a grammar ♥♥♥♥, but I've been seeing a lot of this stuff today...

It's "ads," not "adds." An "ad" is an abbreviation for an advertisement. To "add" is to create a sum.

I read a post earlier on the Dead Island forums where someone didn't know what aggro was shorthand for. Someone else guessed aggression. It comes from aggravate. As in, "don't aggravate that mob." How in the hell does, "don't aggression that mob" make sense? Since when did Engrish become the proper form?

People these days...

bewilderedronin
08-24-2011, 04:53 AM
I think he was talking not about the ad of the game which appears when you finish the level, and which is pretty classical for any demo, but about the intro with lables of the producers of the game, which is even more classy for any game. I guess you cant skip it on the first run, right?

Yeah, pretty much every demo since... ever... has done the whole "ad at the end" scheme. I remember it being in Wolfenstein 3D and in Doom.

Well, it makes sense that the companies involved want a bit of recognition, and I don't think it absurd to have those logos roll for a few seconds while the engine initializes. I think the "logo lineup" when you start most games is usually a trade-off the companies do to license the middle-ware and various creation tools. It's very expensive to buy 10 to 15 copies of Autodesk's Maya. However, if you ask them nicely and include their logo on your splash page, they might give you a discount on bulk licensing. Alienware might give you some new comps. AMD or NVidia might update your GPUs and provide extra SKUs for debugging/testing.

Some middleware provides terms for a splash page or logo display. Let's take Dolby Digital Surround Sound. In order for developers to show that something is DDSS supported, Dolby requires their DDSS logo be displayed conforming to certain standards. This may include how long it is displayed and so on. Yes, it's a free advert, but it also lets customers immediately know that the product will be compliant with certain Dolby protocols.

HECU Operative
08-24-2011, 04:53 AM
Well I hate to break it to you, and I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but Relic optimized the code for AMD/ATI. Which, honestly, is very refreshing seeing as most PC games on the market are primarily optimized for Nvidia. The performance of the demo on my Dual Core AMD and Radeon5770 is near-impeccable. I don't mean to brag - sorry.

Even if it is, my nvidia gt 240m runs it without ANY problems or hitches or whatever problems to speak of.

Combining that with the gameplay and 40k, Relic is indeed one of the few Developers that deserves our respect.

OmegaRed60
08-24-2011, 07:04 AM
My Nvidia 330m 1GB runs it like butter on my laptop. I was blown away by how smooth everything was. I moved this from #37 on my wishlist to #8.

I don't know what problems you are having, but I haven't had any. I think it even runs smoother than Retribution which I had to turn down a bit to run. It was good enough to pull me away from Deus Ex:HR. Relic did great on this.

SeanHraefn
08-24-2011, 07:12 AM
I had the same keyboard issue with my USB controller plugged in.

Slightly annoying to have to unplug it, but this is actually a common issue in games (metro 2033 does the same thing).

he11h0und625
08-24-2011, 07:22 AM

Have a great day!

So I guess Relic got your $50 back then since you realized you were just having a bad day?

I do that all the time, get pissed, scream my face red, then see i was the tool, and it's all over...fun for everyone.

It's a DEMO bro! Is this the very first demo you've ever played? they all have ads ADVERTISING THE OTHER FEATURES OF THE GAME YOU JUST PLAYED SO YOU BUY IT...see what they did there?

I thought the game was great, but clunky on the mouse and keyboard, it will work great with the 360 controller i just bought :cool:, so thanks for the heads up on the MKB getting disabled.

I'm running a Gigabyte Super Overclocked GTX 570 and I had the game maxed at 1900 x 1080 / 16:9. I didn't see any issues that i can recall. Check your drivers, nvidia released some a week or so ago! ;)

Armas
08-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Video options not saving once you exit the game, anyone else confirm this?

Yep, same here. Everything else is as smooth as a proverbial baby's bum. Maybe they assumed since it's a tiny demo people would only play it once.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go play it for a fourth time (I know, I know getting desperate...)

Admitting you are wrong is actually a nice refresher from some of the people around here. You get much respect from me for that.

+1.