PDA

View Full Version : Power Axe + Demo

Rune100
08-24-2011, 06:52 AM
Hello. This might have been obvious for some people out there, but I didn't find this little beauty until my second play through ( The Inquisitor )

In the last part of The Inquisitor at the elevator, you can find a Power Axe stored in some sort of champer. I guess it's easier to explain with pictures:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaBakkeDrengen/screenshot/559791921078549372

http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaBakkeDrengen/screenshot/559791921078547101

SeanHraefn
08-24-2011, 06:59 AM
I didn't find it as good as the chainsword myself. The chainsword's stun combos give a little more breathing room while the power axe left me half dead most of the time due to being beat on by the horde o' green.

Charax
08-24-2011, 07:33 AM
Fury with the Power Axe slices through Nobs like they weren't even there. It's not as good against hordes of orks as the chainsword is, but that normally doesn't matter much.

I normally use the Chainsword/vengeance to clear the waves until the two Nobs appear, then I run back for the Power Axe

GI_Biochip
08-24-2011, 10:45 AM
I felt that the Power Axe had a more fluid fighting style to it, or maybe I'm just getting the hang of playing?

Fraxxxi
08-24-2011, 10:50 AM
the power axe is described in-game as being particularly good against armored opponents (read: nobz), and I think it lives up to that - but I usually get it right away anyway if only for the O_O power force blast whatever emanation effects when you swing it. so eye candy.

Farlong
08-24-2011, 12:11 PM
I loved it. Always been a fan of the powerweapons.

NKC42
08-24-2011, 01:20 PM
I hope the thunder hammer still makes a thunderclap sound when you hit something with it like in DoW 1. Also, why didn't they get the same voice actors for the Orks? They sound way too articulate and I kept confusing their voices with the space marines that are with you. Since it's all the same publisher, same developer, I kind of hoped there'd be some stylistic continuity between all the games.

Freakiq
08-24-2011, 01:26 PM
I hope the thunder hammer still makes a thunderclap sound when you hit something with it like in DoW 1. Also, why didn't they get the same voice actors for the Orks? They sound way too articulate and I kept confusing their voices with the space marines that are with you. Since it's all the same publisher, same developer, I kind of hoped there'd be some stylistic continuity between all the games.

The voices are rumoured to be placeholders.

This is the same demo that has been shown in gaming conventions for almost a year so it makes sense that it would be an earlier build.

radracer
08-24-2011, 08:26 PM
battle axe is badass man. i found it the first time through but didnt use it cause i was dying when I was looking around for those skull things at the end lol but there wasnt any there so i just played that stage again and used the axe. OMG so beastly lol

the funny thing was I didnt know I had grenades till now. So much easier when there is a hoard of them coming and you blow them up into pieces looool
in one big blood pop, rainin orc blood all over hahah