PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is going on???

Quick
08-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Hey,

I just found one thing actually very weird. Ok, i start. This is about my sword and since i have smithing skill i decide to upgrade it on anvil of kong and it succseeded and little bit later found another anvil of kong and decided to try upgrade sword second time and what a miracle i succseeded again. :) Afterwords fought some monsters and decided to save and quit to continue later, but now i loaded same game and could not believe that i have become so weak to all these monster's but what is this? My sword stats are now full of negative attributes pic here (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577806319577818672/633906774ECC91C404FF6C29B15AD93E16872734/). This happened after loading the game because i had all positive except those negative ones. And no wonder same thing happened to my first best sword which i had to sell because it caused lot of pain as well. First sword (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577806319572442369/373DCAADF0D56283F09818AD300257A7A0C7C5F4/)... :confused:

Any idea?

rusticdog
08-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Corruption from monsters ? Both Magicky Golems and Magic Dragons can do that....and I note you'd just fought one of those in the screen shot.

http://dungeonsofdredmor.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Dragon

Quick
08-25-2011, 02:03 AM
Corruption from monsters ? Both Magicky Golems and Magic Dragons can do that....and I note you'd just fought one of those in the screen shot.

http://dungeonsofdredmor.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Dragon

oh no, yea i have cause i'm still on floor 7 and i'm kinda stuck there. But that is stupid that monsters can ruin atributes and even 2 x on one item. :( This doesn't affect crafted items cause i tried.

rusticdog
08-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Don't worry, next patch they want to make sure to corrupt your armour as well as weapons ;) ....sadistic bastards.

You could just skip the floor entirely, that may make the end boss harder from the loss of experience, but I wouldn't know about that, never made it past floor 6 in well over 50 characters.

I tend to carry a backup weapon, just in case, as I'd run into losing good weapons from the golems before I realised what was going on. Of course too a decent crossbow with some bolts as well to make short work of the monsters that corrupt...or at least weaken them until they are in range of a one hit kill up close.

Given you're not carrying a crossbow I expect you've not bothered with ranged attacks so much, but they're pretty handy and you can easily get good killing power without taking crossbow skills. Especially too with monster rooms/zoos...a crossbow with Bolts of Squid make those much much easier to get through.

Quick
08-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Don't worry, next patch they want to make sure to corrupt your armour as well as weapons ;) ....sadistic bastards.

You could just skip the floor entirely, that may make the end boss harder from the loss of experience, but I wouldn't know about that, never made it past floor 6 in well over 50 characters.

I tend to carry a backup weapon, just in case, as I'd run into losing good weapons from the golems before I realised what was going on. Of course too a decent crossbow with some bolts as well to make short work of the monsters that corrupt...or at least weaken them until they are in range of a one hit kill up close.

Given you're not carrying a crossbow I expect you've not bothered with ranged attacks so much, but they're pretty handy and you can easily get good killing power without taking crossbow skills. Especially too with monster rooms/zoos...a crossbow with Bolts of Squid make those much much easier to get through.

oh wow, didnt know that, will be sick. Really? you haven't wont game even single time, on which difficulty do you play? I have won the game first time and know why, because first time i took these skills: Thrown weaponry, Unarmed skill (that is why i didn't have to worry about corruption), Shield skill, Promethean skill, Vampirism skill, Wand lore skill and necromansy skill.

rusticdog
08-25-2011, 04:49 PM
On normal difficulty with permadeath....I'm just really really really careless....I'll often die despite having heaps of health potions etc.

Hobophobic
08-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Haha, glad I found this thread. I just started a character with no ranged whatsoever. Only on level 2, I think I'll reroll this one. Was already starting to think how boring melee only was anyways...

careface312
08-27-2011, 03:43 AM
Yeah on my cleared run (sword and board spec) I skipped floor 7 entirely, most of that floor are mages and they were just eating through my hp with ease...

Just save a bolt of mass desruction for dredmor if you plan to do the same ;)

Mad hatters
09-07-2011, 09:33 AM
oh yeah bolts are a necessity to survive in this. i take everything i can get and use. softballs are pretty usefull too, even if it' just for turning into lutefisk.

Popcorn Avenger
09-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Softballs are actually pretty useful, and you can also craft them into Bolas, which can freeze monsters in their tracks for a short time. Another tactic I use to keep those corrupting critters away are concussion bombs.

I like Tinkering, as I can turn otherwise near-useless plastic, copper, and bronze ingots, and iron (when I've a surplus), into bolts. As well as make a lot of fun bombs and traps. :)

Quick
09-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Softballs are actually pretty useful, and you can also craft them into Bolas, which can freeze monsters in their tracks for a short time. Another tactic I use to keep those corrupting critters away are concussion bombs.

I like Tinkering, as I can turn otherwise near-useless plastic, copper, and bronze ingots, and iron (when I've a surplus), into bolts. As well as make a lot of fun bombs and traps. :)

thanks for suggestions, but i have already beat dredmor with that character and figured that out using tinkering skill may help alot, now playing with 4th or 5th character. :D Each time beat dredmor i start new game with new skills which i haven't tested out. :)