PDA

View Full Version : Daily Deal

Silcrows
08-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Is this game worth it?

bobbinspenguin
08-24-2011, 12:02 PM
I love this game on Xbox and PSP and but I've never bought it for PC because of all the technical issues people go on about. I've been waiting for it to come down again so I can chance it so now I've just gotta wait for it to install. If you like Lego Star Wars you should like this, and all the music is right out of the films.
Also, when you've cleared it with the goodies, you can nip into arkham asylum and play the same game from the baddies perspective (rob the bank as two face and the riddler). Fingers crossed it works.

Cyberneticz
08-24-2011, 12:03 PM
I have this game on xbox, but yeah it's worth it if you like lego and batman games.

Corgyll
08-24-2011, 12:06 PM
When I saw that it was the daily deal I thought: "Lego Batman for 5 euros, I'll buy that!"

Not impulse-buying a Lego game at 9.99 I'm afraid.

TheVentilator
08-24-2011, 12:10 PM
I think that 50% off is too little for such a old game. I'm very selective nowadays, because of my huge backlog. If its a must have game for me, i get it even if i dont play it for months.

Spekingur
08-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Would most likely buy it if I could. Must be a GfWL game.

Prince_Valiant
08-24-2011, 12:36 PM
I love this game on Xbox and PSP and but I've never bought it for PC because of all the technical issues people go on about.
I've played it a couple of times and there were no technical issues. It's a damn good game and I love it. :)

TheVentilator
08-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Would most likely buy it if I could. Must be a GfWL game.

If it were 75% off, and had GFWL support i would already have bought it. :)
The sales makes no sense.. 2011 released games gets 75%, while oldies gets 50% off.
I hope for a nice weekend deal on some games. :) The most "funny" thing about Steam, is to buy must have games on sale..lol...but when do i play them? ;)

captain_video
08-24-2011, 12:54 PM
The LEGO games are very popular and continue to sell at full price, so why should they put them on sale ever? During the summer sale they were only 1/3 off, so this Daily Deal is better than that. It hasn't been 50% off since last Xmas. People who expect 75% off everything need to do a serious reality check. If it's not worth it to you at the price offered, then don't buy it.

Smog1984
08-24-2011, 12:56 PM
The game page (and the back of the box of my retail copy) is misleading as the screenshots are all from cutscreens. The two videos are the same but with a tiny bit of gameplay footage. It looks like a 3D game but is actually a 2.5D platformer. The other Lego games are also platformers but if you've never played one you could be easily fooled.

bobbinspenguin
08-24-2011, 01:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJak-nMsWkQ&feature=related

Gameplay on PC for the first level

Spekingur
08-24-2011, 02:05 PM
If it were 75% off, and had GFWL support i would already have bought it. :)
The sales makes no sense.. 2011 released games gets 75%, while oldies gets 50% off.
I hope for a nice weekend deal on some games. :) The most "funny" thing about Steam, is to buy must have games on sale..lol...but when do i play them? ;)

What I meant was that I can't even access the store page. It's not available in my country. Yay.

bobsbarricades
08-24-2011, 02:41 PM
man I completely want to buy this game, but really wish it would've dropped a little lower. again...too big of a backlog 0.o

SweetNothing
08-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Wasn't this a 75% off daily deal during the Christmas sale?

Foojo
08-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Yep, I picked it up for the 75% off during last Christmas. It's a console port, and so I didn't play it much due to that. Not sure if I tried it with my controller or not when I played it, but I definitely didn't care for the keyboard + mouse combo. I put it down and never got back to it.

freibooter
08-25-2011, 12:53 AM
I enjoyed the LEGO Star Wars franchise, got a little bit bored with LEGO Indiana Jones ... but this one stands out as probably being the worst port of them all.
It performs worse than the others, for some inexplicable reason they removed the rumble feature for Xinput devices - just to reiterate that: All the LEGO games have rumble support, LEGO Batman on Consoles does ... LEGO Batman on the PC does not ...
And there are a couple of technical issues ...

For 10€ this is not worth it - wait for a better sale.

Prince_Valiant
08-25-2011, 04:44 AM
I've bought it a time ago for 30€ and it was worth it, but I don't care for the annoying rumble feature. ;)

In my opinion, Lego Batman and Lego Star Wars Complete Saga are the best of the fantastic Lego series.

Friendliest
08-25-2011, 11:02 AM
I think that 50% off is too little for such a old game. I'm very selective nowadays, because of my huge backlog. If its a must have game for me, i get it even if i dont play it for months.

/signed

not to mention the very prevalent playability problems this game seems to have with modern OS/hardware.

pass at any price, basically.