PDA

View Full Version : Editor Problem

Megafont
08-24-2011, 04:49 PM
I was working on a new level today and one time after I tested my level (using F3), it came back to the editor but locked up. Just before this I had noticed that the editor wasn't showing the WIP menu anymore when I opened the help screen.

Now, if I try to load that level, it loads it into the editor because I can see it on the screen. But I can't do anything with it because the editor locks up after it loads it. Luckily the level hadn't gotten very big yet so its not too big of deal.

When I force closed the game, I got the message that the "Java(TM) Platform SE binary is not responding".

:confused:

EDIT:

I seem to have reproduced the editor freezing up. If you place one of the blocks that drips lava into your level, then test the level, the editor will freeze when you return to it from playtest mode.

Sheepdude86
08-24-2011, 08:36 PM
I've had the exact same problem, since I was making a level with lava blocks in it. However, it appears that you don't even need to playtest it - just save a level with a lava block in it, and it will crash whenever you load it.

GuillaumeSSS
08-25-2011, 05:30 AM
Hi Sheepdude86, hi Megafont!

Thanks again (and again) for helping us!

Indeed, you both found a bug, I'm deeply sorry to create you some trouble with this.

Don't fear, your work is safe. Only the Editor needs an update.

I fixed the isssue and you will able to re-open your levels with the 1.0.0.2 version!

Thanks again, and here is a little screen I took:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993522859/screenshot/576680419692772160

:)

Sheepdude86
08-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Thanks, as always. I've also detailed a couple other simple editor bugs in the bug thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2073504

Funny picture =P

GuillaumeSSS
08-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks, as always. I've also detailed a couple other simple editor bugs in the bug thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2073504

Funny picture =P
Thanks for your outstanding work! i will update the thread with the bug i fix.

Guillaume

Megafont
08-26-2011, 02:24 AM
Hi, I've just again encountered the bug where it won't display the WIP navigation menu anymore sometimes in the editor. I've noticed both times this has happened to me that there is some white text visible behind the help text window. The white text says

"Paused
Press [Y] to return to the level hub"

I pressed Y for kicks but nothing happened. So I closed the help text and tried pressing Y again and nothing happened again. lol

I just wanted to pass that along to you guys because every little detail can help in debugging. I'm a programmer myself so I know how it goes :p

GuillaumeSSS
08-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi, I've just again encountered the bug where it won't display the WIP navigation menu anymore sometimes in the editor. I've noticed both times this has happened to me that there is some white text visible behind the help text window. The white text says

"Paused
Press [Y] to return to the level hub"

I pressed Y for kicks but nothing happened. So I closed the help text and tried pressing Y again and nothing happened again. lol

I just wanted to pass that along to you guys because every little detail can help in debugging. I'm a programmer myself so I know how it goes :p
Thanks so much dear programmer friend :)

As you may assume, I'm adding this to my pretty little buglist :]

I guess this is some rest from our version of the editor used during the dev.

Thanks again!

Guillaume

Megafont
08-29-2011, 02:36 AM
Hi, I've noticed there seems to be a bug with workshops. Sometimes when I playtest, it doesn't show the counters on the bottom of the screen for the workshops. This can often be worked around by simply pressing F3 to return to the editor, and then press F3 again to start another playtest.

One other thing I've noticed, also relating to workshops, is that if you have multiple workshops in your level and two of them use the same resource (say one requires 4 ruby ore and 5 jade ore, and another workshop in the level requires 4 diamond ore, and 6 ruby ore). When you use the first workshop, it will remove the ruby ore counter from the bottom of the screen even though another workshop in the level still requires ruby ore. And when you get to the next workshop in the level, it will not activate even when you get enough of the required resources.

The counters on the bottom of the screen do show the sum of the required resources though usually. So in the above example, the ruby ore counter would show that you need a total of 10 ruby ore, which is correct. But after using the first workshop, the ruby ore counter disappears and the next workshop that uses ruby ore won't activate even when you get enough of the required resources.

However, sometimes the counters show incorrect values. When this happens, it appears that it has simply neglected to check all of the workshops in the level when it initialized the counters. And when this problem happens, workshops whose resource requirements were not included in the totals on the counters cannot be activated or used it seems.