PDA

View Full Version : XBLIG to Steam price inflation

Xfacter
08-24-2011, 05:13 PM
I noticed that this and other former XBLIG titles ported to Steam tend to get an inflated price, usually from 240 MS Points ($3) to $5 on Steam. I have had my eye on this game since it came out on Steam, but I was a little discouraged when I discovered this, and even more so when I found that it had been pulled from XBLIG completely.

So, where did it go? Why should I pay more for the same game? Do I need to worry about it eventually being pulled from Steam too?

Secret Base
08-24-2011, 11:54 PM
That's actually something I wanted to talk about...

So, the biggest different with the Steam version is that it includes a story mode for Nana, an alternate character in the game with different stats, ability, cutscenes and ending. It also means that the co-op is now playing as Tobe and Nana, instead of just 2 Tobe in the original XBLIG version.

The game also has an overall improvement, mainly tweaks for the overall control so that it's no where as loose as the original XBLIG version. And if you got the Steam version, we also have the leaderboard and achievements where you can go for speed run, telling you how long you took to escape each level and so on.

As for why we had to pull the game from XBLIG when the steam version came out, it was mainly because I didn't want players to buy it, thinking it was gonna be the same as the Steam version they saw on reviews. So now with the Steam version, this is the final version of the game, and where Tobe's Vertical Adventure will stay. I don't see any reason to remove it in the future. Hope that answers your question :)

Xfacter
08-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks! That clears up a lot, I will definitely be buying now. :)

Me2nice
10-17-2011, 03:35 AM
That's actually something I wanted to talk about...

So, the biggest different with the Steam version is that it includes a story mode for Nana, an alternate character in the game with different stats, ability, cutscenes and ending. It also means that the co-op is now playing as Tobe and Nana, instead of just 2 Tobe in the original XBLIG version.

The game also has an overall improvement, mainly tweaks for the overall control so that it's no where as loose as the original XBLIG version. And if you got the Steam version, we also have the leaderboard and achievements where you can go for speed run, telling you how long you took to escape each level and so on.

As for why we had to pull the game from XBLIG when the steam version came out, it was mainly because I didn't want players to buy it, thinking it was gonna be the same as the Steam version they saw on reviews. So now with the Steam version, this is the final version of the game, and where Tobe's Vertical Adventure will stay. I don't see any reason to remove it in the future. Hope that answers your question :)

You can't update the Xbox version (for free or otherwise) to match the Steam version because...

gimpymoo
10-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Probably a good way of getting out of a **** contract with MS too :)

CannibalBob
12-06-2011, 08:00 PM
You can't buy just 240 ms points anyway; You have to buy like $20 worth of the things.