PDA

View Full Version : What I really want out of cs:go

fpsbrian
08-25-2011, 07:03 AM
All I really care about are the graphics being up to par with today's games!
Counter Strike has always had the best gameplay but the graphics have drove people
to other games... Bring on the screen shots and videos!

goldrunout
08-25-2011, 07:12 AM
Most CS players don't really care about graphics, anyway there are not screenshots or trailers now, but this game will use Portal 2 engine, so check it out to know what the game will probably look like

Topmounter
08-25-2011, 10:38 AM
I just hope can maintain the unique CS feel and gameplay. The graphics don't need to be uber eye-candy, they just need to be immersive.

bboy500
08-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Honestly the only thing I'm looking forward to is the new GFX.

If gameplay was to stay exactly the same but updated GFX I'd buy it.

Cocacola123
08-25-2011, 10:56 AM
I kinda want to get the 100tick back over anything else.

Sinna
08-25-2011, 11:32 AM
You know what? I have a decent PC with a Geforce GTX 480 AMP, a Phenom II X6 1055T and 8GB RAM. And I have a 120 Hz Benq XL2410T which is a Dreammonitor for a Game like CSS. But in this Case I rather have a Game (especially a competitive Game like CS) with a decent Engine that's good looking but doesn't kill my Resources with maximum Details on full HD Resolution 1920 x 1080 with stable 120 Frames per second than a Uberengine where my PC has Trouble to reach 60 stable Frames per seconds with maxiumum Details like Battelfield 3.

Of course it's nice to have one of the best looking Games on the market, but CS is made for a huge Base of Gamers around the World, and some Countries today are still playing CS 1.6 because of low PC's.

So it's better to develop a Game like CS to gain a large Community with Average-PC's and I am sure that's Valves Goal, than bringing a absolute Graphicbomb which kills 70 % of the PC's worldwide.

Sinna
08-25-2011, 11:34 AM
I kinda want to get the 100tick back over anything else.

100 Tick isn't so important to be honest compared to the current Source 66 Tick. I have no Problem at all with the current CSS Tickrates.

Sinna
08-25-2011, 11:53 AM
And by the way I think the real graphical big Steps you can first expect with Counter Strike 2 in 5-8 Years with a complete new Half Life 3 Engine which will impress the Community like the Source Egnine in Half Life 2 back in 2004.

But I am pretty sure it's Valves Goald with CS:GO to attract the largest Community they can.

And even the Source Engine is old now and will be pimped in CS:GO like in Portal 2 you know and can see how good this Source Engine really was and still is.

orangensaft1
08-25-2011, 12:21 PM
All I really care about are the graphics being up to par with today's games!
Counter Strike has always had the best gameplay but the graphics have drove people
to other games... Bring on the screen shots and videos!

I'd rather play with graphics from CS 1.5 or even beta on PC with AA and 1080p than with graphics from battlefield 3 on consoles without AA and only 720p ;]

blizzo
08-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Of course it's nice to have one of the best looking Games on the market, but CS is made for a huge Base of Gamers around the World, and some Countries today are still playing CS 1.6 because of low PC's.

So it's better to develop a Game like CS to gain a large Community with Average-PC's and I am sure that's Valves Goal, than bringing a absolute Graphicbomb which kills 70 % of the PC's worldwide.

Some how my old desktop still runs CSS and TF2 (how I have no idea, as it's actually below the min reqs. now). At 2.03 ghz single core,nvidia 256mb 5950 fx, and 1 gb of ram I run css at 40-70fps and tf2 at 20-40fps. Both really smooth with virtually no hiccups.