PDA

View Full Version : Pre-rendered Cutscenes - Lacking Quality?

Taekwondragon
08-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Is it just me or do the pre-rendered cinematics seem...non-HD like and somewhat pixelated?

It seems like they are using a low quality BNK video ("Bink"). I was expecting something better, especially after watching the cinematic trailers.

Taekwondragon
08-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Bumping this thread

lunar_silence
08-25-2011, 02:15 PM
It's not just you. It looks absolutely horrible on my computer screen. I did however notice that when I hooked it up to my TV that it didn't look too bad, I don't know why that is?

Taekwondragon
08-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Probably you monitor is at a higher resolution than the TV, thus amplifying the perceived pixelation.

I really was expecting something like the trailers....

Too bad

Demon Wraith
08-25-2011, 02:18 PM
The thing that bothers me is that the cutscenes use way too much gold/brown. Way more than the actual game does. Looks like they were all rendered in a very old build and never updated.

Cobra5
08-25-2011, 02:46 PM
The pre-rendered scenes are compressed to fit onto an Xbox dvd.

No High-res versions were included for the PC version. Nothing in your computer's settings or graphics options will change the quality of the videos.

They look pretty old but, eh... they get the point across. Honestly the game is rough around the edges in a few places graphically, you can really tell they were limited in that department by consoles ages.

LoganDougall
08-25-2011, 02:49 PM
The pre-rendered scenes are compressed to fit onto an Xbox dvd.

No High-res versions were included for the PC version. Nothing in your computer's settings or graphics options will change the quality of the videos.

They look pretty old but, eh... they get the point across. Honestly the game is rough around the edges in a few places graphically, you can really tell they were limited in that department by consoles ages.

Be nice to have a PC update with re-done videos...

RezCascade
08-25-2011, 02:51 PM
The cutscenes are poorly compressed. Even if at a lowish bitrate, they should look better. There are some excellent open-source codecs they could have used, but apparently didn't. :/

It's a minor quibble, but a quibble nonetheless.

Krystalmyth
08-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Cutscenes here are awful~ yet... the intro sequence was actually very good quality on my screen.