PDA

View Full Version : Problems activating retail version of ARMA 2 on steam

Meevinman
08-25-2011, 10:47 PM
I just whipped out Arma 2 today and decided to install it on my new PC. I also want to download the DLC that is available for it but for that to work i will need to add the game to steam. Now as far as i know the only way to do that is to plug in the games CD key that came with the game thought product activation.

Under product activation, i enter my correct Cd key, but it gives me "Invalid Product Code". Anyone know a fix to this?

vohk
08-25-2011, 11:49 PM
You can't register a retail Arma key on Steam. Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead are both standalone games, and the DLC's (BAF and PMC) are both for OA not vanilla Arma2. You need OA through Steam to get the DLCs from Steam, or you can get them from 'Sprocket' (the dev's store) instead.

If you have A2 and OA both installed, from any source (retail, Steam, Sprocket, etc), you can run 'Combined Operations' which is essentially running OA's newer engine with all of the A2 content loaded in as well.

Hope that clears it up.

Meevinman
08-26-2011, 12:21 AM
You can't register a retail Arma key on Steam. Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead are both standalone games, and the DLC's (BAF and PMC) are both for OA not vanilla Arma2. You need OA through Steam to get the DLCs from Steam, or you can get them from 'Sprocket' (the dev's store) instead.

If you have A2 and OA both installed, from any source (retail, Steam, Sprocket, etc), you can run 'Combined Operations' which is essentially running OA's newer engine with all of the A2 content loaded in as well.

Hope that clears it up.

Oh right, thanks for clearing that up, i thought OA and the other exps was for ArmA II! Makes it much easier.