PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim is gay! No really

Pages : [1] 2

BenWah
08-25-2011, 11:54 PM
That's right, the producers of skyrim have officially announced that "gay marriage" is an integral part of the game.

Bethesda's PR guy, Pete Hines posted it on twitter today.

Responding to a tweet asking about "gay marriage" in Skyrim, he wrote that they weren’t making a “huge deal out of it,” but that you could “marry anyone.” Yes, that’s right; "gay marriage" is possible in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, between any gender group.

Possible new marketing slogan:
"now all your gay elf fantasies can come true!"

dannythefool
08-26-2011, 12:03 AM
Woohoo finally my female elf characters can marry their cats! :P

Thanshin
08-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Possible new marketing slogan:

Possible new test:
"If you read same-sex marriage and imagined two Legolas instead of two Arwens I have bad news for you."

Pyote
08-26-2011, 12:49 AM
I'd been wondering about that. Khajiit/Dunmer manlove, here I come. :cool:

Thanshin
08-26-2011, 01:48 AM
Deep inside we, as a commiunity, are still puritans

In any TES after a while you walk around knowing that anything that's alive it is because you can't be bothered with killing it. And yet you can't enter a brothel and see a pair of boobs that wouldn't shock even a kid.

However the case for same sex marriage is different. In that topic it's not only a matter of "protecting" the kids from sexual imaginery, it's a problem of stopping cultural taboos that actually harm a lot of people in the real world.

So, I applaud this little step and I'll keep hoping that eventually, in the far future, I'll see a topic in a forum about "WTF! Marriage limited to different sex!?".

BenWah
08-26-2011, 02:01 AM
Doesn't the cultural taboo actually protect people as well?

In the USA, according to the CDC, 61% of new HIV cases are from gay males, despite this group comprising perhaps 1% of the population.

20% of them have HIV, and half of those don't know it.

And gay males live 20 years less than average despite having a much higher average income.

I think it's cool that authors can present whatever scenerios and attitudes they want in a fantasy world. GTA didn't need to warn about dangerous lifestyle choices, and I don't think games need to warn folks about smoking if they show smokers. I mean, it's fiction right, how much are kids influenced by this stuff really. Guess we don't know. I don't think there's good research on disease transmission rates between Khajiit and Dunmer anyhow.

Ultimately all that matters is if the game is fun or not

p.s. can i marry my chestnut horse in this game please :)

Thanshin
08-26-2011, 02:35 AM

Protecting kids =/= protecting adults.

In the USA, according to the CDC, 61% of new HIV cases are from gay males, despite this group comprising perhaps 1% of the population.

I imagine the % of head traumatism among skaters it amazingly higher than among computer geeks. Yet I wouldn't imagine removing any reference to skateboards from games.

I think it's cool that authors can present whatever scenerios and attitudes they want in a fantasy world. GTA didn't need to warn about dangerous lifestyle choices, and I don't think games need to warn folks about smoking if they show smokers.

Oh, I would be abolutely towards the inclusion of STDs and unplanned pregnancies on any serious RPGs.

BenWah
08-26-2011, 02:47 AM
Oh, I would be abolutely towards the inclusion of STDs and unplanned pregnancies on any serious RPGs.

Hey let's work on a mod to make Khajit VD and Dunmer clap!

Could add quests where you adventure in search of recipes and exotic ingredients to find a cure

"you feel a burning sensation..."

Maybe they're already working on it, soon to be announced by the PR manager's next tweet.

I can see it now...

DEVELOPER NOTES: Added animation for nether diseased elves to scratch themselves

City Builder
08-26-2011, 02:49 AM
Hmm, how did it go from 'not a huge deal' to an "integral" (as Benwah stated in the OP) part of the game?

Thanshin
08-26-2011, 02:50 AM
Hey let's work on a mod to make Khajit VD and Dunmer clap!

Could add quests where you adventure in search of recipes and exotic ingredients to find a cure

"you feel a burning sensation..."

I'd buy that game to all my friends' kids.

"Play this game and learn valuable lessons!"

Micknator
08-26-2011, 03:15 AM
Why would you care about the fact that you can marry someone from the same sex? It's a free world and their choice. If they are happy with it, then fine, let them.

You could even do same-sex marriages as far back as The Sims (don't know about Sims 1, but it was in Sims 2). I didn't hear any complaints about it back then.

It's still your choice in-game, nobody forces you.

Naota
08-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Well I guess I won't be buying this, even when the price comes down.

I will never support any company that tries to force their sexual agenda on the rest of us.

I'll spend my money elsewhere.

alehm
08-26-2011, 08:38 AM
It doesn't matter who you marry because in the end it will only be a glorified pet mod. Do you actually think a marriage in Elder Scrolls will go much deeper than barking commands at your spouse (sit, follow, run, stay, ect).

That is the most distracting element about a "relationship". I would rather get a pet as it wouldn't take me out of the game.

Pyote
08-26-2011, 09:54 AM

I will never support any company that tries to force their sexual agenda on the rest of us.

I'll spend my money elsewhere.They're not forcing it on you, Naota. Nowhere does it say, "You will have to play a gay or lesbian character in Skyrim."

They're simply adding the option of same-sex relationships for their gay and lesbian audience. If the heterosexual audience can have relationships in game, then they should add the option of homosexual relationships. Being a gay man, I'm glad they did. When I thought it was just going to be heterosexual relationships, I felt as though I was having that a bit forced on me if I wanted to explore that part of the game.

Feel free to save your money and not buy the game, but don't use the inclusion of an entirely optional feature as your grounds.

CaptainDingo
08-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Please don't tell me we're going to start this "homosexuality isn't a sexual orientation, it's an agenda!" and "homosexuality is a choice!" crap. It's complete nonsense.

If gay marriage (in a video game for that matter) offends far-right sensibilities so terribly much, feel free to bugger off and go back to playing your banjo in the swamp and thumping your bible.

Me2nice
08-26-2011, 08:34 PM
"Skyrim is gay! No really!"

Not really!

Lone_Sword
08-26-2011, 10:50 PM

People like you still exist O.o?

Goteki-45
08-27-2011, 05:20 AM

And preventing people from wedding isn't forcing your sexual agendas on them?

jmido
08-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Who cares?

Bob Marley
08-27-2011, 11:50 AM
People like you still exist O.o?

Ignorance is Bliss.

Micknator
08-28-2011, 04:01 AM
Come on man, this is 2011 ... It's a free world where you are free to marry whoever you want, no matter what other might think.

JesteR1701
08-28-2011, 08:47 AM
It's not an "integral part of the game." There's going to be no quest that says, "Marry someone of the same gender or a dragon will eat your head."

Blue_Scholar
08-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Come on man, this is 2011 ... It's a free world where you are free to marry whoever you want, no matter what other might think.

Marriage is contract between two people. But there is a middle man called the State and it is the State that legislates whether people are free to marry whomever they wish.

Anyway that being said, sex between two men is a repulsive idea.

i'm Batman
08-28-2011, 11:33 AM
LOL the only place that this could EVER be controversial is in the states. I suprised there's no racism against rednecks yet, there the real plague.

But gay sex is still disgusting... not because im homophobic..just because its against my sexuality.

Vezner
08-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Gay marriage in a game? What a stupid idea. Why or why does Bethesda even need to touch on this? Money? Not hardly. Think about it, homosexuals make up 2% of the population of the USA and I'm fairly confident that most of them aren't playing games like this.

Why they and their same sex marriage agenda are getting so much attention is beyond comprehension. We have bigger things to worry about in this world than BS like this.

Micknator
08-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Like stated before, you do NOT have to marry someone from the same sex. It's a feature for those who want it. You make the choice. It doesn't make a game better or worse.

The Sims 2 had same-sex marriage as well, I heard no complaints back then ...

Why is everyone so sensitive about this? Like I said, it's a free world.

MrShooter
08-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Gay marriage in a game? What a stupid idea. Why or why does Bethesda even need to touch on this? Money? Not hardly. Think about it, homosexuals make up 2% of the population of the USA and I'm fairly confident that most of them aren't playing games like this.

I totally agree, as we all know homogay is just a personality type, gay gamers number less than one hundred worldwide even. Video games simply do not appeal to the homosexual man, who are busy trying to gay stereotype and destroy american values.

Trying to cater to any audience other than the straight white uneducated American is both pointless and offensive

Why they and their same sex marriage agenda are getting so much attention is beyond comprehension. We have bigger things to worry about in this world than BS like this.
while it was a cute idea for Bethesda to grab brownie points from the GAY AGENDA, ultimately it was a waste of dev time because no true american is ever going to use this "feature" and the 73 gay gamers in the entire world don't even like RPGs.

I'm pretty appalled that Bethesda were so overcome with this urge to push their "values" on us that they went ahead and didn't bother implementing a gender check flag (OR A RACE CHECK FLAG) in their simple marriage system (that's like negative thirty minutes of lost dev time right there), and then made it so you can't advance past level 10 or the main quest without starting a gay harem with the greybeards

Anyways I'm definitely cancelling my preorder, even the possibility that this morally wrong garbage exists in any capacity in an open-ended video game about killing lots of possibly innocent people with dragon magic and exploring a fictional country is enough to make me avoid it and end friendships with anyone who plays it

you have betrayed my trust pete hines
you have betrayed everyone

Cobalt2202
08-28-2011, 06:17 PM
There's marriage in this game?

Blue_Scholar
08-28-2011, 06:38 PM
I totally agree, as we all know homogay is just a personality type, gay gamers number less than one hundred worldwide even. Video games simply do not appeal to the homosexual man, who are busy trying to gay stereotype and destroy american values.

Trying to cater to any audience other than the straight white uneducated American is both pointless and offensive

while it was a cute idea for Bethesda to grab brownie points from the GAY AGENDA, ultimately it was a waste of dev time because no true american is ever going to use this "feature" and the 73 gay gamers in the entire world don't even like RPGs.

I'm pretty appalled that Bethesda were so overcome with this urge to push their "values" on us that they went ahead and didn't bother implementing a gender check flag (OR A RACE CHECK FLAG) in their simple marriage system (that's like negative thirty minutes of lost dev time right there), and then made it so you can't advance past level 10 or the main quest without starting a gay harem with the greybeards

Anyways I'm definitely cancelling my preorder, even the possibility that this morally wrong garbage exists in any capacity in an open-ended video game about killing lots of possibly innocent people with dragon magic and exploring a fictional country is enough to make me avoid it and end friendships with anyone who plays it

Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

Vasir
08-28-2011, 06:51 PM

My thoughts while reading this?
You are an - ohhh, I see what you did there. I lol'd.

Lone_Sword
08-28-2011, 07:20 PM
*slow-clap for MrShooter"

Cobalt2202
08-28-2011, 08:19 PM
People, there are more pressing matters here... The dragons have returned and are making new babies so they can destroy the people you loved and the towns you lived.. Would you worry for some homosexuals who want interracial intercourse or the ♥♥♥♥ing dragons THAT ARE FLYING OUT THERE THAT COULD KILL US AT ANY MOMENT GIVEN... People... Wake up... Please..

dannythefool
08-29-2011, 01:35 AM
Sigh. Why do you think of this as something they're adding to the game? They're leaving out a gender check, that's all this is about, and there is no reason for it to be there in the first place anyway because it's a world with so many different species that are capable to produce offspring together that a couple that happens to share the same gender will hardly even be noticed.

It's also a game world where you can mercilessly slaughter innocent people so real life morals clearly don't act as boundaries for what you can do.

JesteR1701
08-29-2011, 03:39 AM
It's also a game world where you can mercilessly slaughter innocent people so real life morals clearly don't act as boundaries for what you can do.

LOL i couldnt have said it better myself!

Blue_Scholar
08-29-2011, 12:47 PM

The people I have killed in virtual worlds or the real world were all guilty.

All. :cool:

Cobalt2202
08-29-2011, 02:09 PM
The people I have killed in virtual worlds or the real world were all guilty.

All. :cool:

Pssst! The Dark Brotherhood invites you.

Smog1984
08-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Being a gay man...

the 73 gay gamers in the entire world don't even like RPGs.

Is the previous poster an illusion or are you a fool?

I can't believe all the stupidity in this thread. All the game has done is give someone the option of marrying someone of the same gender like Fable did. If you don't want to do that then no one forcing you. You will never have to ♥♥♥♥ anyone you don't want to in this game and they won't ♥♥♥♥ you. No ♥♥♥♥-sucking quests exist nor will you complete a quest through rimming or mutual masturbation.

Think of all the games where your main character has a specified past heterosexual relationship before you even start the game or the game only gives hetero choices. Not everyone is straight so a game should give the player a choice.

skiddlywibble
08-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Possible new test:
"If you read same-sex marriage and imagined two Legolas instead of two Arwens I have bad news for you."

Give it to me strait, doc. Or maybe that's not the best way to put it...

Pyote
08-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Is the previous poster an illusion or are you a fool?

I can't believe all the stupidity in this thread. All the game has done is give someone the option of marrying someone of the same gender like Fable did. If you don't want to do that then no one forcing you. You will never have to ♥♥♥♥ anyone you don't want to in this game and they won't ♥♥♥♥ you. No ♥♥♥♥-sucking quests exist nor will you complete a quest through rimming or mutual masturbation.

Think of all the games where your main character has a specified past heterosexual relationship before you even start the game or the game only gives hetero choices. Not everyone is straight so a game should give the player a choice.

I'm not entirely sure why you quoted me, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Shooter was being sarcastic in his post.

Smog1984
08-29-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm not entirely sure why you quoted me, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Shooter was being sarcastic in his post.

I'm so used to idiot posts I thought it was genuine.:rolleyes:

Pyote
08-29-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm so used to idiot posts I thought it was genuine.:rolleyes:Nah, I think he was just being extremely cheeky. :)

LupinMupin
08-29-2011, 05:30 PM
all in all, game is gonna suck

Quint
08-29-2011, 06:03 PM
whats next?animal banging?

tixe
08-29-2011, 06:19 PM

Good one, really :D

20% of them have HIV, and half of those don't know it.

And gay males live 20 years less than average despite having a much higher average income.

I think it's cool that authors can present whatever scenerios and attitudes they want in a fantasy world. GTA didn't need to warn about dangerous lifestyle choices, and I don't think games need to warn folks about smoking if they show smokers. I mean, it's fiction right, how much are kids influenced by this stuff really. Guess we don't know. I don't think there's good research on disease transmission rates between Khajiit and Dunmer anyhow.

Ultimately all that matters is if the game is fun or not

p.s. can i marry my chestnut horse in this game please :)

Well, go read how many aborts are done per year :D Besides, we can find a cure for the HIV one day. Some people have a strong DNA and they can't get HIV.

Blue_Scholar
08-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Some people have a strong DNA and they can't get HIV.

Grossly misinformed.

Smog1984
08-29-2011, 06:39 PM
whats next?animal banging?

Why not? If you have to pay a lot of real life money for a horse I expect it to prove its worth. ;)

TES V: Skyrimming is going be the 4-chan of computer games.:p

Blue_Scholar
08-29-2011, 06:55 PM
TES V: Skyrimming is going be the 4-chan of computer games.:p

Hah.:D

Thecodexnecro
08-29-2011, 08:01 PM
For everyone who doesn't like gay marriages, at least you can go around slaughtering every homo in the game.

Nuff said.

/thread

DrHojo123
08-29-2011, 09:11 PM
WOOOT All i need is dwarfs and i can have my male dwarf on dwarf action =P

geronimo789
08-30-2011, 04:04 AM
The game is starting to give off bad vibes to me.

Like, fable/molyneux vibes ... :D

AgenttiKiivi
08-30-2011, 06:05 AM
The game is not gay, but the people that choose to marry the same sex in the game are gay. (Or just confused like most of u posting on this gay thread)

Lone_Sword
08-30-2011, 06:38 AM
On a related note... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgAYFVHwY_c)

Micknator
08-30-2011, 06:44 AM
This is a real flaming thread ...

Everyone who doesn't like gay marriages should grow a spine ... I'm not trying to be offensive here, but Americans are still real prudish. If 2 girls are kissing you don't mind, but if 2 guys are doing that, you're banning them from existence. I thought it was a free world?

Sorry, it just pisses me off how some people think less of gay people. I'm not gay, but they are also just humans. No more or less special than any other humans.

ChefCharland
08-30-2011, 08:35 AM
it just jaratees me off

I lol'd.

dannythefool
08-30-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm not gay, but they are also just humans.

Or cats, or crocodiles, ... :)

in.meinem.turm.
08-30-2011, 08:50 AM
There's marriage in this game?

That's what I thought. WHY would you do that?
Look at Fable you marry someone and let that NPC rot in a shack without ever coming back. Marriage in a game does not work at all. Especially in an open world game.

Flashmason
08-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Lol i love the OP, I came here ready and willing to rage against his alleged silliness.

fenrirtokara
08-30-2011, 09:32 AM
I just wanna see how well implemented is marriage on skyrim.

I mean, will be able to marry with anyone (Just like Fable, and also very silly ) or just with some special NPC's ?

Rotant
08-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Nice bit of satire MrShooter, generating the lol's in this thread.

dannythefool
08-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Look at Fable you marry someone and let that NPC rot in a shack without ever coming back. Marriage in a game does not work at all. Especially in an open world game.

Maybe that's how you played it.

I loved visiting my Fable III family and playing with my adopted children.

Mad
08-30-2011, 12:36 PM
That's right, the producers of skyrim have officially announced that "gay marriage" is an integral part of the game.....

No, they didn't. They merely said it's possible. It wasn't even "announced". It was simply a Tweet by some PR guy. I lol'd @ your use of the word "integral" Why put so much weight and importance on it when it clearly isn't important? It's like saying clouds are an integral part of the game. Yeah, they're in there, but like the gay marriage thing they are completely insignificant to the whole. In short, so what?

Lone_Sword
08-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Maybe that's how you played it.

I loved visiting my Fable III family and playing with my adopted children.

Adopted because you got them from the orphanage, or adopted because of the bug that made it so with 2 white parents, the baby turns out black at times? O.o I got that one >.>

dannythefool
08-31-2011, 01:31 AM
Adopted because you got them from the orphanage, or adopted because of the bug that made it so with 2 white parents, the baby turns out black at times? O.o I got that one >.>

Adopted from the orphanage of course, there obviously already seemed to be more than enough children so why create yet another...

geronimo789
08-31-2011, 03:20 AM
God I hope there's no immortal kids in the game. The absence of them is immersion breaking but having them invincible in a world you can kill everything that so much looks at you in a wrong way ...

It'd be different if you could recruit them into your party :D

fenrirtokara
08-31-2011, 07:23 AM
There're kids??
I never saw a kid in the entire ElderScrolls series ( I didnt play Battlespire ) but you could always can create your own ones by just clicking on a npc and typing "setscale 0.5"

Micknator
08-31-2011, 08:16 AM
it just jaratees me off
I lol'd.

Steam must've changed the word pi$$ed ...

Edit: Confirmed, typing pi$$ gives piss.

MrEntropy
08-31-2011, 08:45 AM
So, if running increases the athletic or endurance skill, and sneaking increases the sneaking skill, what skill gets increased when you sashay and mince around town?

l4d2hunter
08-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Skyrim is bi. You can marry women too.

i think.

JK_DC
08-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Skyrim is bi. You can marry women too.

i think.

Don't be startin' nothin'.

skiddlywibble
08-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Well, go read how many aborts are done per year :D Besides, we can find a cure for the HIV one day. Some people have a strong DNA and they can't get HIV.

I belive there are two types of natural resiliance to HIV that have been seen. One is a genetic mutation occuring mainly in a minority of caucasians which delays the onset for a few years. The other seems to occur in children who are born with HIV: they still end up suffering from it, but not as badly as those who are born without and then infected.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of those points. I kind of take an armchair aproach to science, so take that with a pinch of salt.

400-0 KD
08-31-2011, 05:04 PM
God I hope there's no immortal kids in the game. The absence of them is immersion breaking but having them invincible in a world you can kill everything that so much looks at you in a wrong way ...

Pretty Sure It's Been Confirmed that There Will be Kids In Skyrim Along with them being Invulnerable to Harm.

However, Considering the Modding Community is pretty Flexible Someone could Fix that.

dannythefool
09-01-2011, 12:12 AM
I belive there are two types of natural resiliance to HIV that have been seen. One is a genetic mutation occuring mainly in a minority of caucasians which delays the onset for a few years.

There are various levels of resistance, but they are not specific to HIV, it's more like happy little accidents that cause the virus not to work in a resistant person's body (or not work as well). I think "strong DNA" is out as an argument though. You could call it a defect since it serves no known useful purpose, it's much older than HIV itself so the gene was not selected for preventing HIV.

Nekofu
09-01-2011, 01:19 AM
There are various levels of resistance, but they are not specific to HIV, it's more like happy little accidents that cause the virus not to work in a resistant person's body (or not work as well). I think "strong DNA" is out as an argument though. You could call it a defect since it serves no known useful purpose, it's much older than HIV itself so the gene was not selected for preventing HIV.

There is currently a study in some African country's(i think, cannot find anything on it right now) looking at people who are thaght to be immune, as thay have multiple generations in a family that have manage to avoid it, in professions that should be almost imposable.

also i think you are mixing things up a bit, genetics are not selected, they rather provide a advantage that allow to survive, or just survive with luck.

dannythefool
09-01-2011, 01:43 AM
also i think you are mixing things up a bit, genetics are not selected, they rather provide a advantage that allow to survive, or just survive with luck.

Yes they are. When a gene spreads because it provides an advantage to the individuals that have it, increasing their odds at reproduction, that gene is selected (as in natural selection).

Nekofu
09-01-2011, 02:12 AM
Yes they are. When a gene spreads because it provides an advantage to the individuals that have it, increasing their odds at reproduction, that gene is selected (as in natural selection).

oh i had read what you wrote incorrectly, curse my English ability :P

Blue_Scholar
09-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Steam must've changed the word pi$$ed ...

Edit: Confirmed, typing pi$$ gives jarate.

:DWow i never realized that, I just thought it was always enthusiastic tf2 fans. The more you know.

dannythefool
09-01-2011, 03:36 AM
:DWow i never realized that, I just thought it was always enthusiastic tf2 fans. The more you know.

You ever wondered about airconditioned youths or Hammer Legion Members? Same story :P

Gzibocod
09-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Civil Union of same genders.

jojimbo44
09-02-2011, 02:50 AM
I blame Eastenders :P

Blue_Scholar
09-02-2011, 07:44 AM
You ever wondered about airconditioned youths or Hammer Legion Members? Same story :P

lol, ah yes. I see.

dpeters911
09-03-2011, 01:22 AM
A game series known for its ability to let players choose is letting players have more choices.

:)

Micknator
09-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Oblivion had a few choices you could make here and there that could alter the outcome of the quest, but I believe Skyrim has even more.

I love choices. Gives a lot of replay value (Deus Ex, I'm looking at you).

Chiatroll
09-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Possible new test:

how can you tell them apart with elves anyway?

vampuricknight
09-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Oblivion had a few choices you could make here and there that could alter the outcome of the quest, but I believe Skyrim has even more.

I love choices. Gives a lot of replay value (Deus Ex, I'm looking at you).

well yeah obvlivion is like 5 years old that means those few choices was about it most games were still very linear or good or bad path only.

i'd expect in skyrim its a lot more "grey" choices than just good and bad as i believe in an interview one of the directors said your the hero your choices should never be classified as good and bad they just are.

oh and some quests in skyrim will have alternate endings... example you take a quest to go find a missing broach and it ends up taking you to a dungeon just outside of town, restart the game and it will take you to a dungeon on the other side of the map both of which are completely different in terms of not only location but monsters and events that may happen along the way.

Gap
09-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Came into thread expecting to find Americans bashing gays. Left knowing i was right.

fenrirtokara
09-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Came into thread expecting to find Americans bashing gays. Left knowing i was right.

Check gamespot forums.

Lone_Sword
09-07-2011, 05:32 PM

Which is sad, unfortunantly the loud minority is awfully loud. :mad:

Pyote
09-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Came into thread expecting to find Americans bashing gays. Left knowing i was right.What makes you think that only Americans are bashing gays? Bigots exist everywhere, I'm afraid.

BoneyD
09-08-2011, 02:17 AM
To all the bigots out there, we're gonna enjoy your absence from the game and not needing to put up with your rubbish on the forums.

Have fun being on the wrong side of history.

Cut2TheChase
09-08-2011, 10:10 AM
I don't like it personally, didn't like that every guy in New Vegas was trying to do me either!
Why out of your way to make something like this "integral" in any game?
They should focus the integral part into PC development instead of console as the primary platform.
fail.

Pyote
09-08-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't like it personally, didn't like that every guy in New Vegas was trying to do me either!
Why out of your way to make something like this "integral" in any game?
They should focus the integral part into PC development instead of console as the primary platform.
fail.
Same-sex relationships aren't "integral" any more than opposite-sex relationships are "integral". If there's going to be one, then there should be both, it's as simple as that. Just because your sensitive heterosexual male sensibilities can't handle being hit on by some pixels doesn't mean other people should have less choices.

Pompoulus
09-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Anyone who is threatened by this is someone I want to see threatened. If the idea of same-sex relationships in video games makes you uneasy, well.

Tough.

natboojaygizmo
09-08-2011, 03:49 PM
homosexuality isnt a choice

Unholy6
09-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Dragon Age and Mass Effect allow same-sex relationships so homosexuality in games is old news. Hell if you got the time skim over this list for a surprise of how much video games have been pervaded by LGBT influences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT_characters_in_video_games

Micknator
09-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Dragon Age and Mass Effect allow same-sex relationships so homosexuality in games is old news. Hell if you got the time skim over this list for a surprise of how much video games have been pervaded by LGBT influences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT_characters_in_video_games

Wow, I didn't knew some things about several games I've played in the past ...

But this doesn't change the fact that some of those games were quite good.

09-09-2011, 04:30 PM
The only good point against gay marriage (irl) I've ever seen is "marriage is a tradition, between a man and a woman."

Which is right.
You don't have to be for or against homosexuality to see that.
There's not a huge purpose to marriage other than cultural tradition, and the tradition - up until recently - was pretty much always between a male and female.

Now let's look at The Elder Scrolls:
Fantasy world. Fictional cultures and traditions.
Lemme say that again: Fictional cultures and traditions.
Why make a big deal out of gay marriage in a video game where the made-up "traditions" and culture of these fictional people are in no way directly related to any single real life tradition or culture?

"In real life, marriage is between a man and a woman. I am appalled that a fictional culture is not bound by the same traditions as my irl culture!"
What?

Cut2TheChase
09-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Anyone who is threatened by this is someone I want to see threatened. If the idea of same-sex relationships in video games makes you uneasy, well.

Tough.

Wow, just wow. Who's threatend here?
Certainly not me, I'm secure in my sexual identity...

I was just trying to say they should spend more time on the PC version, sheesh...
"reverse discrimination much"?

Goteki-45
09-10-2011, 12:53 PM
The only good point against gay marriage (irl) I've ever seen is "marriage is a tradition, between a man and a woman."

Which is right.
You don't have to be for or against homosexuality to see that.
There's not a huge purpose to marriage other than cultural tradition, and the tradition - up until recently - was pretty much always between a male and female.

Except that it also provides 1,100 rights, benefits, and privileges (in the United States, at least), so by preventing it, it's stripping these potential rights from people.

flarp
09-10-2011, 04:28 PM
i'm not for gay marriage, nor am i against it.

i quite frankly dont give a s***

you wanna marry a same sex partner? Go for it. You want to marry an opposite sex partner. Go for it.

same sex marriage is an issue that has been dragged on far too long. may we please move past it so we can work on fixing more important things; i.e our rapidly failing economy?

fenrirtokara
09-10-2011, 07:09 PM

you wanna marry a same sex partner? Go for it. You want to marry an opposite sex partner. Go for it.

same sex marriage is an issue that has been dragged on far too long. may we please move past it so we can work on fixing more important things; i.e our rapidly failing economy?

Skyrim economy is in danger?!

Aezay
09-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Hearing these insecure guys being butthurt over gay marriage is just pure comedy.

Keep at it :D (http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/popcorn_yes.gif)

5py
09-11-2011, 04:06 AM
homosexuality isnt a choice

Would it matter if it were?

Micknator
09-11-2011, 04:09 AM

Too right mate.

What's the use about debating same-sex marriages? It's in the game, it's optional and if some are against it, suck it up, this game is coming, and that's all that matters.

JohnnyFronthole
09-11-2011, 08:38 AM
I think it's appropriate that they made the marriage option in this game potentially same-sex, after all, devoting any time in a game like this to courting an NPC, having a wedding ceremony and then playing house is pretty gay to begin with.

Edit: And before you flame this post as homophobic, I'm not anti-gay; I say let every one have the same civil liberties.

daniel_
09-11-2011, 10:13 AM
It's just an option, get over it.
About the marriage I think it will be cool if your companion not just follow you but also give her/his opinion about your choices and quests, and depending how things go he/she could even left you.

elrofrost
09-12-2011, 11:50 AM
It's just an option, get over it.
About the marriage I think it will be cool if your companion not just follow you but also give her/his opinion about your choices and quests, and depending how things go he/she could even left you.

Oh great.. just want I need; some queen commenting on my armor. ;)

"OMG, honey! That gear just does not work."

rlg5150
09-12-2011, 01:04 PM
All I can do is laugh at the pure intolerance and hate of a group of such "tolerant" people. Any time someone doesn't support said topic the response is always extremely hateful and full of stereotype.

"Oh, you don't support gay people? Why don't you go back to the woods you bible loving redneck! You're just a closet case anyway!"

I don't support homosexuality because it is (in my opinion) unnatural and disgusts me. I'm not even religious either. It has nothing to do with that sort of thing. And for people that preach about equal rights, you have the same right to marry someone of the opposite sex as I do. Changing the law would create inequality (in a weird and twisted way).

I also believe that adults have the right to do as they please as long as it isn't affecting someone else. If you want to lie with the same sex that's your choice. But I don't believe you should force it on other people and be intolerant of their opinion on the matter. (I know this doesn't really pertain to Skyrim but neither do most of the responses either)

Just thought I'd share that. I'm not trying to be hateful or cause trouble. I just think that some of you should think before you get so defensive to the other side. I realize sometimes there are people with my same views that aren't as civil about it as I am in which case yo uhave every right. But don't bash someone just because they aren't an activist for your cause.

SkeeterDamus
09-12-2011, 01:15 PM
I find it wrong, and im not even remotely religious.

And for all you saying it isn't a choice?

Life is full of choices, Life is like a block of clay.
You can mold and shape it, even create HOW your lifes going to be.
OUR Life is made by the decisions WE make, and the stuff we do.
Nothing IS set in stone.

so I guess serial killers, Didn't choose to commit those crimes huh? Since they where born that way. /rollseyes.

But everyone has the right to be who they want to be. So no im not on a Gay bash parade.
And I respect your choices, and I hope you respect my choice to not believe in it.

It's your life, do as you see fit JUST dont force it onto others who have different views and paint them as the bad guys.

Life goes on my friend, time is short, Spend the time how you want, and what makes you feel the best.

MrShooter
09-12-2011, 02:35 PM
But I don't believe you should force it on other people and be intolerant of their opinion on the matter.

It's your life, do as you see fit JUST dont force it onto others who have different views and paint them as the bad guys.

Forgive me for selectively quoting, but this sentiment keeps popping up from various people in arguments related to sexuality and I'm having a hard time understanding it. What does it mean to force this issue? Where is the line drawn on "forcing" homosexuality? What makes you feel forced? I'm not trying to be dense here, I'm just hoping that if I can understand this particular point I can better understand arguments about this issue.

Baresark
09-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Meh, stuff like this is stupid. It's not exactly a move forward for gay marriage to be available in a game. Nor is it a move forward for Gay relationships in general to become more acceptable in an entertainment medium. This won't change the laws regarding this anywhere.

People on both sides of the isle are two sides of the same coin, in my experience. Both are equally pig headed. The truth is, people are free to like it, and people are free to dislike it. It's fine really. Government shouldn't be wasting anyone's time in regards to this.

Goteki-45
09-12-2011, 07:40 PM
And for people that preach about equal rights, you have the same right to marry someone of the opposite sex as I do. Changing the law would create inequality (in a weird and twisted way).

I also believe that adults have the right to do as they please as long as it isn't affecting someone else. If you want to lie with the same sex that's your choice. But I don't believe you should force it on other people and be intolerant of their opinion on the matter. (I know this doesn't really pertain to Skyrim but neither do most of the responses either)

This has to be trolling. You're okay with people being with who they want, but if they want to have the same rights as a straight couple, they can't be with who they want?

Am I understanding this correctly?

And you don't want people forcing something on you (what they're forcing on you I'm not sure, since nobody says you have to marry someone of the same gender), but you're okay with forcing them to marry the opposite gender to have equal legal footing?

rlg5150
09-12-2011, 08:20 PM
This has to be trolling. You're okay with people being with who they want, but if they want to have the same rights as a straight couple, they can't be with who they want?

Am I understanding this correctly?

And you don't want people forcing something on you (what they're forcing on you I'm not sure, since nobody says you have to marry someone of the same gender), but you're okay with forcing them to marry the opposite gender to have equal legal footing?

They aren't denied any rights at all. The right given to everyone is to marry a consenting person as long as they are of age, not already married, not the same sex, and not your dog. They have that right just as much as I do. I don't go asking for fundamental laws to be changed every time I don't get my way.

My biggest gripe is that homosexual people always want everyone to know that they like to sleep with the opposite sex. I don't go around talking about my sexuality so why should they? It gets very old especially if you live around areas that have a lot of them.

And I said that my post didn't pertain to Skyrim necessarily but to certain posts in this thread about the homosexuality issue.

Forgive me for selectively quoting, but this sentiment keeps popping up from various people in arguments related to sexuality and I'm having a hard time understanding it. What does it mean to force this issue? Where is the line drawn on "forcing" homosexuality? What makes you feel forced? I'm not trying to be dense here, I'm just hoping that if I can understand this particular point I can better understand arguments about this issue.

It's forcing the issue when people like to openly declare every way they can that they are homosexual and expect everyone to back them up.. And if someone remotely implies that they don't support that kind of thing, they turn in to most hateful, disrespectful, dirty-mouthed people on the planet.

Parrish
09-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Intolerance against a minority group is always preferred by the majority, as it helps define the majority and indicate who is not an equal, supporting the majority in its opinion of itself. Therefore, it is always safe to hold the majority view and argue in favor of the majority, particularly if there is a strong desire to be "normal" or appear normal, which is what, in most instances, the majority represents. For instance, a lot of the dialogue on game forums is about census building and credential display.

The downside to tolerating intolerance is that everyone is part of some minority at some point in their lives. Skin color, religion, ethnicity, political beliefs, age, illness, sexuality, and on and on, as finely as people can discern. Which means that everyone can be discriminated against at some point for some thing they may have no control over by a majority that may decide arbitrarily to target that minority group as undesirable. That is why hate speech and intolerance should never be tolerated against any group.

"First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me."

Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)

MrShooter
09-12-2011, 11:35 PM
They aren't denied any rights at all. The right given to everyone is to marry a consenting person as long as they are of age, not already married, not the same sex, and not your dog. They have that right just as much as I do. I don't go asking for fundamental laws to be changed every time I don't get my way.

My biggest gripe is that homosexual people always want everyone to know that they like to sleep with the opposite sex. I don't go around talking about my sexuality so why should they? It gets very old especially if you live around areas that have a lot of them.

And I said that my post didn't pertain to Skyrim necessarily but to certain posts in this thread about the homosexuality issue.

It's forcing the issue when people like to openly declare every way they can that they are homosexual and expect everyone to back them up.. And if someone remotely implies that they don't support that kind of thing, they turn in to most hateful, disrespectful, dirty-mouthed people on the planet.

Here's a truncated list of marrige-related things homosexual couples have trouble getting (http://www.hrc.org/issues/5585.htm) because people voting and people in power, for all their speak of tolerance and "live and let live" mentality, are struggling against and shunning the concept of gay marrige because it's "icky".

Maybe prehaps a gay couple doesn't want to get married as a malicious act to force their neighbors into the mental image of them gaybuttporking eachother every night

Maybe they want some guranteed family and medical leave from work without their employer going "lol nope urgay, we don't legally have to do ♥♥♥♥, go back to work". Maybe they could use some hospital visitation rights (previously marrige or GTFO, now somewhat fixed) (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/15/AR2010041505502.html)
You see, marrige in the united states is a lot more than two people living in the same house and getting dirty.

It's an all-in-one package of rights and benefits, opening the door for ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s everywhere to say "well legally I don't have to do this for you because you're not married...", backed up by states going "you can't be married because marrige is between a man and woman ONLY!".

I'm sure it's comforting to think that homosexual couples everywhere are just being whiny little wierdos trying to gross everyone out and they don't lose anything by not being married but the reality is they are losing out. A line has been crossed between "gays are gross and I don't like thinking about them" and "♥♥♥♥ gays, if they want to be treated the same as us they should stop being gay." (y'know, just like how clinically depressed people should just snap their fingers and stop being sad sacks) Trivializing and ignoring social issues like these are what let them keep happening long after it should have been an embarrasing chapter in middle-school us history books

Yeah, language quickly degenerates on the internet and previously civil people turn into... well. I know it's hard not to feel defensive about it when people are tossing stereotypes left and right, but you have to try to empathize with the guys on the other side.

Some feel threatened, for the reasons above. Some feel annoyed and defensive because of stereotypes thrown around or people misunderstanding why they want to be acknowledged. Most, for one reason or another, think the fact that this issue exists at all is unjust.

elrofrost
09-13-2011, 12:29 AM
so I guess serial killers, Didn't choose to commit those crimes huh? Since they where born that way. /rollseyes.

You are correct. But I'd bet you didn't know that.

We know from looking at the brains of serial killers, I might also point out that true serial killers are rare. Picking up a gun and slaughtering 8 people at a 7-11 doesn't make you a serial killer.

And comparing serial killers to gay people - well.. doesn't make you 1337.

Also one more point: The dev's aren't forcing anything. They just trying to appeal to a wider audience.

guitarfreak8900
09-13-2011, 07:46 PM
"Oh, you don't support gay people? Why don't you go back to the woods you bible loving redneck! You're just a closet case anyway!"

That's probably because a lot of homophobic people are dealing with their own suppressed homosexuality ;) Ted Haggard is a pretty obvious example, George rekers, pastor eddie long, ect...

There really isn't anything gross about homosexuality. You could personally think it is but so what? No one cares.

"I personally think it's gross so I don't want to see it or hear about it in any context! How dare you talk about gay sex, since when do heterosexuals talk about sex??? How can you be so intolerant?!?"

Bennett1stMRB
09-13-2011, 07:59 PM
>2011
>Still shocked at gay marriages.
ISHYGDDT

rlg5150
09-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Here's a truncated list of marrige-related things homosexual couples have trouble getting (http://www.hrc.org/issues/5585.htm) because people voting and people in power, for all their speak of tolerance and "live and let live" mentality, are struggling against and shunning the concept of gay marrige because it's "icky".

Maybe prehaps a gay couple doesn't want to get married as a malicious act to force their neighbors into the mental image of them gaybuttporking eachother every night

Maybe they want some guranteed family and medical leave from work without their employer going "lol nope urgay, we don't legally have to do ♥♥♥♥, go back to work". Maybe they could use some hospital visitation rights (previously marrige or GTFO, now somewhat fixed) (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/15/AR2010041505502.html)
You see, marrige in the united states is a lot more than two people living in the same house and getting dirty.

It's an all-in-one package of rights and benefits, opening the door for ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s everywhere to say "well legally I don't have to do this for you because you're not married...", backed up by states going "you can't be married because marrige is between a man and woman ONLY!".

I'm sure it's comforting to think that homosexual couples everywhere are just being whiny little wierdos trying to gross everyone out and they don't lose anything by not being married but the reality is they are losing out. A line has been crossed between "gays are gross and I don't like thinking about them" and "♥♥♥♥ gays, if they want to be treated the same as us they should stop being gay." (y'know, just like how clinically depressed people should just snap their fingers and stop being sad sacks) Trivializing and ignoring social issues like these are what let them keep happening long after it should have been an embarrasing chapter in middle-school us history books

Yeah, language quickly degenerates on the internet and previously civil people turn into... well. I know it's hard not to feel defensive about it when people are tossing stereotypes left and right, but you have to try to empathize with the guys on the other side.

Some feel threatened, for the reasons above. Some feel annoyed and defensive because of stereotypes thrown around or people misunderstanding why they want to be acknowledged. Most, for one reason or another, think the fact that this issue exists at all is unjust.

They don't get those benefits because they don't accept the law of marriage. What part of it aren't you getting? Everyone is entitled to those rights who wishes to be married. If someone chooses to be homosexual, they should accept that they are giving up those rights... It's not a hard concept..

rlg5150
09-13-2011, 09:12 PM
That's probably because a lot of homophobic people are dealing with their own suppressed homosexuality ;) Ted Haggard is a pretty obvious example, George rekers, pastor eddie long, ect...

There really isn't anything gross about homosexuality. You could personally think it is but so what? No one cares.

"I personally think it's gross so I don't want to see it or hear about it in any context! How dare you talk about gay sex, since when do heterosexuals talk about sex??? How can you be so intolerant?!?"

Nice try. There's no "phobia" about it. It's gross and that's the way I feel. A phobia means there's a fear involved. If you're so accepting as to accept homosexuality then why is it so hard to accept someone that doesn't believe in it?

Trying to use my own argument against me is invalid. I don't go around saying that I don't agree with homosexuality and trying to force people to accept it.. It's the other way around. THEY are the ones who parade around and want everyone to know and accept. If you're gay, keep it to yourself and stop looking for other people to reinforce your doubtful thoughts; don't parade around and force it on others.

guitarfreak8900
09-13-2011, 09:12 PM
They don't get those benefits because they don't accept the law of marriage. What part of it aren't you getting? Everyone is entitled to those rights who wishes to be married. If someone chooses to be homosexual, they should accept that they are giving up those rights... It's not a hard concept..

You know what isn't a hard concept? That people do not choose to be gay.

guitarfreak8900
09-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Nice try. There's no "phobia" about it. It's gross and that's the way I feel. A phobia means there's a fear involved. If you're so accepting as to accept homosexuality then why is it so hard to accept someone that doesn't believe in it?

Trying to use my own argument against me is invalid. I don't go around saying that I don't agree with homosexuality and trying to force people to accept it.. It's the other way around. THEY are the ones who parade around and want everyone to know and accept. If you're gay, keep it to yourself and stop looking for other people to reinforce your doubtful thoughts; don't parade around and force it on others.

How can I possibly debate with you if you don't even know the definition of homophobia? You really think I was referring to people who are afraid of gay people?

rlg5150
09-13-2011, 09:24 PM
You know what isn't a hard concept? That people do not choose to be gay.

Don't be so dim.. It's not like I'm saying they wake up one day and actively make the choice (although some in fact do). It's a combination of life choices along with not being raised properly that causes it.

If you think I'm trolling just look at the trend. Activists want to reach younger and younger children saying "gay is ok" in an attempt to mold impressionable young minds. (Note that this isn't aimed at Skyrim which is a game for adults; this is aimed at you). Teaching kids that are at an age where sexuality isn't even comprehended by them that it's okay to like the same gender is WRONG. If you aren't aware of this kind of thing then good.. But look at the facts if you want. A large number of homosexuals and homosexual activists have recruitment of young people as their top priority.

rlg5150
09-13-2011, 09:27 PM
How can I possibly debate with you if you don't even know the definition of homophobia? You really think I was referring to people who are afraid of gay people?

I know exactly what you were referring to. YOU are the one who used the wrong (and typical, cliche) word choice; not me.

Goteki-45
09-13-2011, 10:48 PM

Confirmed troll, just ignore him, folks. Nobody can think this is sound logic.

fakiyo
09-14-2011, 05:18 AM
Oh wow.
Young kids being "advised" to get gay?
You can't influence anyones sexuality nor change it. If so, we would have taken over you lame ignorant folks 100 years ago ;)

Kids dont have sexuality?
Way to ignore the last 100 years of science.

Gay = f..gs on gaypride?
Thats the MINORITY of gay. The majority is around you, next to your workdesk in the other office, but you don't notice. Yeah that cool mofo bro so manly, he wears no make up, has hair on his chest, has no broken hand, and is SO macho. And so gay, but you don't notice.

Choosing being gay?
Yeah because being treated like ♥♥♥♥ from people like you is so choose worthy.

Animal sex equals homosexuality?
So making love to a man is doing the same to animals? You're an animal then?

Not being raised properly?
The higher you get in education, the more likely you will run into homosexuals.

In greece, only educated people were allowed to vote.
Today we have "democracy" of ... dont get me started.

Anyway, I felt free to +15rep some very funny and well played posts.
Welcome to the year 2011!

Bane2087
09-14-2011, 06:02 AM
Sheesh I thought in this day an age, the dev tweet should have been unneccesary it should have been taken for granted in any game featuring marriage or relationships. Threads like this should no longer exist.

dannythefool
09-14-2011, 06:13 AM
Sheesh I thought in this day an age, the dev tweet should have been unneccesary it should have been taken for granted in any game featuring marriage or relationships. Threads like this should no longer exist.

There are only very few games where this is possible... and I can count the RPGs where you can have a same sex marriage and adopt children on one finger...

Blackpot
09-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Yey! I can't wait to get the game! Personally i prefer gay Khajiit relationships more than dragon killing. But together they are priceless!
I hope i will able to bonk my beloved catfolk at the top of the dead dragonpile. Yeeah yeeeeeah GIVE! I NEED IT!

fenrirtokara
09-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Yey! I can't wait to get the game! Personally i prefer gay Khajiit relationships more than dragon killing. But together they are priceless!
I hope i will able to bonk my beloved catfolk at the top of the dead dragonpile. Yeeah yeeeeeah GIVE! I NEED IT!

That's the spirit :)

Markblaze
09-16-2011, 12:06 AM
Thats fine so long as I can kill them and rid there filth from these strong Nordic lands.:D

Haha!

DrHojo123
09-16-2011, 03:24 AM

must draw PORN OF IT!

Erikose
09-16-2011, 05:41 AM
Hang on. I thought Skyrim was an RPG. When did it turn into the F%$@~?g Sims?

bomblechop
09-16-2011, 06:46 AM
It seems everyone is getting worked up about possible man on man action that they have a choice not to see. Personally I am more interested in the possible wood elf girl on wood elf girl action that I have already made the choice to enjoy. Why is everyones glass half empty??

Anyway, I am more worried about the possibility of man orc on woman orc action. If only we could show that to the dragons and turn them all gay. That way they can wipe themselves out.... give or take a thousand years.

Blackpot
09-16-2011, 10:54 AM
must draw PORN OF IT!
Hahah yeah sometimes i make TES yiff too with the beast races, it is an interesting face of Tamriel that mortal eyes can never see :D

Edit: To be serious and honest, i can see a very negligible chance for "real show" from Bethesda itself, but there was a lots of project in Oblivion about modded pr0n, with delicious animations, fascinating relationship systems, and i hope those modders will continue their work on Skyrim. I'm sure that players will able to get closer to their lovers but it will take time. Maybe years, like in TES4.

geronimo789
09-16-2011, 12:23 PM
I don't support homosexuality because it is (in my opinion) unnatural and disgusts me. I'm not even religious either. It has nothing to do with that sort of thing. And for people that preach about equal rights, you have the same right to marry someone of the opposite sex as I do. Changing the law would create inequality (in a weird and twisted way).

Just out of curiosity, what's your take on 2 (or more) women ? Still disgusting ?

An interesting point, allowing someone the liberty of choice creates inequality, whereas taking away choice equals equality ? You too have the right to take part in a gay marriage. What you're actually saying is: i'm with the majority, and thus we are right, and the laws should only accommodate our needs, without any consideration for minorities.

snapcase
09-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Deep inside we, as a commiunity, are still puritans

In any TES after a while you walk around knowing that anything that's alive it is because you can't be bothered with killing it. And yet you can't enter a brothel and see a pair of boobs that wouldn't shock even a kid.

However the case for same sex marriage is different. In that topic it's not only a matter of "protecting" the kids from sexual imaginery, it's a problem of stopping cultural taboos that actually harm a lot of people in the real world.

So, I applaud this little step and I'll keep hoping that eventually, in the far future, I'll see a topic in a forum about "WTF! Marriage limited to different sex!?".

There are brothel mods out there.

benhen
09-18-2011, 03:18 AM
Hahah yeah sometimes i make TES yiff too with the beast races, it is an interesting face of Tamriel that mortal eyes can never see :D

Edit: To be serious and honest, i can see a very negligible chance for "real show" from Bethesda itself, but there was a lots of project in Oblivion about modded pr0n, with delicious animations, fascinating relationship systems, and i hope those modders will continue their work on Skyrim. I'm sure that players will able to get closer to their lovers but it will take time. Maybe years, like in TES4.

Why must society degenerate into this filth at an ever accelerating rate? Oh yes, the internet. I dread how people will conform themselves in the year 2030 as a result of the internet branching the few together, into the mindset that such vitiated behaviours are acceptable. Look at your life, Blackpot, are you proud of what you are? Your parents, or anyone else for that matter, wouldn't be proud of you, would they? You sicken them.

Nekofu
09-18-2011, 05:47 AM
Why must society degenerate into this filth at an ever accelerating rate? Oh yes, the internet. I dread how people will conform themselves in the year 2030 as a result of the internet branching the few together, into the mindset that such vitiated behaviours are acceptable. Look at your life, Blackpot, are you proud of what you are? Your parents, or anyone else for that matter, wouldn't be proud of you, would they? You sicken them.

Why must people think so highly of themselves and there veaws, leave others to live there lives. and how can you say what others around them would think?

m_bisson
09-18-2011, 07:07 AM
Veaws? What's that?

PS. It's their not there.

Blackpot
09-18-2011, 12:47 PM

Gosh, what's the problem? You know nothing about me or my ideology, just to know that i've been always interested about anthropomorph creatures since my early teen ages, before i had my own internet, and this fanatism seems to be permanent no matter how much my life changes. What i am? An "underground" person. Should i be proud? Hmm. Good question. I take it as normal.
Most people don't like the thing i prefer, they don't like black metal, they don't like anthros, they don't like my clothing, my hair, my behaviour, my work, my opinions, but i don't give a damn.
I disdain humanity and their society, all is corrupted, infected nothing interesting about it. My parents have their own blunder. They aren't so proud for me and this feeling is mutual.

But enough of this, let's keep ourselves at the subject.

Syynx
09-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Gosh, what's the problem? You know nothing about me or my ideology, just to know that i've been always interested about anthropomorph creatures since my early teen ages, before i had my own internet, and this fanatism seems to be permanent no matter how much my life changes. What i am? An "underground" person. Should i be proud? Hmm. Good question. I take it as normal.
Most people don't like the thing i prefer, they don't like black metal, they don't like anthros, they don't like my clothing, my hair, my behaviour, my work, my opinions, but i don't give a damn.
I disdain humanity and their society, all is corrupted, infected nothing interesting about it. My parents have their own blunder. They aren't so proud for me and this feeling is mutual.

But enough of this, let's keep ourselves at the subject.

Woot, another furry! *high five*

Personally my family knows I'm gay and a furry and they're very proud of me, I'm a pretty normal guy in all other respects.

Also as a note to anyone who's ignorant and still believes otherwise: most furries do not practice beastiality, nor do they want to. (ignorance isn't bliss, it's poison)

Lone_Sword
09-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Woot, another furry! *high five*

Personally my family knows I'm gay and a furry and they're very proud of me, I'm a pretty normal guy in all other respects.

Also as a note to anyone who's ignorant and still believes otherwise: most furries do not practice beastiality, nor do they want to. (ignorance isn't bliss, it's poison)

Unfortunately, it's the sick minority who represent the pretty normal majority. Which is a standard on life, just look at politics, religion, etc. People only look for the extremes, not the average person of the group. I'm not a furry, but it's simply not my thing is all. So long as people know how to separate reality from your personal fantasy/kinks, I don't have an issue with what you do in your spare time :)

Nekofu
09-19-2011, 06:56 AM
Unfortunately, it's the sick minority who represent the pretty normal majority. Which is a standard on life, just look at politics, religion, etc. People only look for the extremes, not the average person of the group. I'm not a furry, but it's simply not my thing is all. So long as people know how to separate reality from your personal fantasy/kinks, I don't have an issue with what you do in your spare time :)

i tend to see that the people who don't like furry s are the ones who represent the worst of it, they only look at one thing and latch onto it.
i have been asked dumber questions over my bag with a pink fox on it than i have over anything other i do :P.
even had men get angry thinking that i would go to bed with them for being one >.< like WTF.

noodlesoup
09-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Wonder if it will let you have a quick bum at the top of a mountain?

What about a dutch rudder?

Anyway, good thread, would read again.

nesmoth
09-19-2011, 02:43 PM
question, if they allowed gay marriages in the game, would be allowed polygamy relations too?

if the homos can have boyfriends, I want at least 2 or 3 girls

Lone_Sword
09-19-2011, 03:34 PM
question, if they allowed gay marriages in the game, would be allowed polygamy relations too?

if the homos can have boyfriends, I want at least 2 or 3 girls

There's plenty of that in pretty much any game that involves marriage. Just get a wife per town :cool:

nesmoth
09-19-2011, 05:42 PM
start thinking about decoration mods for homos, lots of rainbows and that stuffs XD

Syynx
09-19-2011, 08:22 PM
start thinking about decoration mods for homos, lots of rainbows and that stuffs XD

I'm gay and I hate rainbows... and leather.

...I wear normal clothes like most men do, I don't have sex with random men because they're gay, I don't have piercings, I don't have AIDS, or any disease while we're on the subject, when I fart it doesn't sound like a whistle, I don't have a lisp, my hair doesn't have highlights, I don't prance around like a fairy.

What's different between you and me? It's simple, I have a boyfriend, you do not. That's it.

To hell with your misconceptions and ignorance.

Blue_Scholar
09-19-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm gay and I hate rainbows... and leather.

...I wear normal clothes like most men do, I don't have sex with random men because they're gay, I don't have piercings, I don't have AIDS, or any disease while we're on the subject, when I fart it doesn't sound like a whistle, I don't have a lisp, my hair doesn't have highlights, I don't prance around like a fairy.

What's different between you and me? It's simple, I have a boyfriend, you do not. That's it.

TMI dude, TMI.

Chiatroll
09-19-2011, 10:03 PM
TMI dude, TMI.

the problem with all the intolerant people is you can never tell the serious from the sarcastic jokes since they are both on the same general level of our there.

Syynx
09-19-2011, 10:31 PM
TMI dude, TMI.

The only actual information I gave is that I'm gay and have a boyfriend, and this is too much for you? You're either a child or from the states.

Goteki-45
09-20-2011, 12:19 AM

You're either a child or from the states.

<_<

I'm from the States and have been doing nothing but supporting gay rights in this thread after seeing some of the closed-minded responses, while not being gay myself. Just saying. I understand that you feel attacked, but I doubt it's wise to perpetuate your own misconceptions.

Blue_Scholar
09-20-2011, 01:35 AM
The only actual information I gave is that I'm gay and have a boyfriend, and this is too much for you? You're either a child or from the states.

Why the hell are you people so damn defensive? And why are you people compelled to thrust your lifestyle into others' faces? So self absorbed. No one cares about your personal life except you and your boyfriend.

I live in the U.S. but I'm Australian. I'm 35 years old, I have a lovely Japanese wife. I have sex with her and have reproduced two beautiful children. That is something that you will never ever understand. Is that too much information for you?

dannythefool
09-20-2011, 02:08 AM
And why are you people compelled to thrust your lifestyle into others' faces? So self absorbed. No one cares about your personal life except you and your boyfriend.

This whole thread is about homosexuality, his background is relevant when discussing his opinion on the topic.

Your preference for small-ish women, on the other hand... well...

Blue_Scholar
09-20-2011, 02:25 AM
This whole thread is about homosexuality, his background is relevant when discussing his opinion on the topic.

Your preference for small-ish women, on the other hand... well...

Irrelevant, I know. Oh and I have a preference for A (as in one) small-ish woman, mind you. :D *looks around nervously*

lol, anyway I was just making a point to counter his snarky attitude. People of his preference along with few other so called marginalized peoples in society that shall not be named perpetuate a culture of victimization. You can only use that card so often before it turns into a gimmick to serve themselves.

Syynx
09-20-2011, 02:48 AM
Irrelevant, I know. Oh and I have a preference for A (as in one) small-ish woman, mind you. :D *looks around nervously*

lol, anyway I was just making a point to counter his snarky attitude. People of his preference along with few other so called marginalized peoples in society that shall not be named perpetuate a culture of victimization. You can only use that card so often before it turns into a gimmick to serve themselves.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound snarky or anything, just when I said a little bit of information about me being gay your response was "TMI", making you out to seem like some southern american who can't so much hear the word 'gay' without getting enraged with god's fury.

I'm not trying to 'play the victim' here, i'm simply trying to break a wall of ignorance with people who honestly believe all gay people are the leather asschap wearing handlebar mustache guys we're made out to be, and the truth is, the vast majority of gay men and women are just like everyone else, with the only difference being who they go to bed with at night and who they love.

tpanisiak
09-20-2011, 10:24 AM
One day the many countries that cower at hearing the word "gay" (or forms thereof) will step out of its primitive society and be as forward thinking, as, say, Canada?

But all this aside, let's face it. If GOD thinks homosexuality is a sin, I don't think GOD matters on Nirn. (...which, for you Gamers just going us due to Skyrim, Nirn is the planet in which the Elder Scrolls series takes place.)

So if this bothers you, time to go back to Hello Kitty.

Psychological
09-20-2011, 03:30 PM

"Hi, My name's tom"
"Oh, Hi Tom, My name's eric"
"I'm gay"
"DON'T FORCE YOUR HOMOSEXUALITY ON ME!"

There's no forcing going on here, except for maybe the few LGBT groups "Forcing" people to accept that they are gay, bi, or trans.

It's a hollow argument, there's nothing to understand. Usually when someone brings it up without giving a good example I mark them as an idiot and go about my day.

Goteki-45
09-20-2011, 08:39 PM
making you out to seem like some southern american who can't so much hear the word 'gay' without getting enraged with god's fury.

I'd point out that I also live in the southern area of America, but the parts of Florida I'm from don't count as the deep south :P

Still. For all you're doing trying to say you don't fit into stereotypical generalizations of gay culture, you seem to be using some stereotypical generalizations yourself.

Syynx
09-20-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd point out that I also live in the southern area of America, but the parts of Florida I'm from don't count as the deep south :P

Still. For all you're doing trying to say you don't fit into stereotypical generalizations of gay culture, you seem to be using some stereotypical generalizations yourself.

I was raised in the deep south (Oklahoma), not using it as a stereotype, using it as a point of reference :P

kitsunestrife
09-21-2011, 06:53 AM
That's what I thought. WHY would you do that?

Well, it would give you an excuse to come back and feed it. Kinda like a pet system?
Maybe if it dies, the authorities come after you and you become an outlaw. :eek:

Psychological
09-21-2011, 10:46 AM
Well, it would give you an excuse to come back and feed it. Kinda like a pet system?
Maybe if it dies, the authorities come after you and you become an outlaw. :eek:

Yeah tha-
What?

Syynx
09-21-2011, 10:51 AM

lmao, that made me giggle :D

Data87
09-21-2011, 11:19 PM
One day the many countries that cower at hearing the word "gay" (or forms thereof) will step out of its primitive society and be as forward thinking, as, say, Canada?

But all this aside, let's face it. If GOD thinks homosexuality is a sin, I don't think GOD matters on Nirn. (...which, for you Gamers just going us due to Skyrim, Nirn is the planet in which the Elder Scrolls series takes place.)

So if this bothers you, time to go back to Hello Kitty.

Who is this God you speak of :confused:

tpanisiak
09-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Who is this God you speak of :confused:

You mean in our world or Nirn?

Lokhan is the "God of all Mortals" on Nirn. As for our own earth? Well, God is still an enigma.

Either way, I was using it to point out that in one world -- our world -- some people believe that "God" (or more correctly the BIBLE) condemns homosexuality. Whether or not it's true (or if God even exists...) remains to debate, and one which I don't want to create on this board.

But! The GAME, Skyrim, takes place in a FICTIONAL land on a FICTIONAL planet called Nirn. That pretend world is lorded over a fictional God named Lokahn. I see no versus, scriptures, writings, or scrolls that Lokhan condemns homosexuality on Nirn.

Maybe the creators of Skyrim are okay with homosexuality. I can imagine some people who have helped create the series may be a bit disquieted about people able to engage in gay marriages. It's a fact of life, not everyone is "okay" with people who engage in this lifestyle. At the end of the day, though, Skyrim is just a game, and if you feel gay people are pushing their homosexuality on you? ... well that's your problem, not ours.

Eyeless
09-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Well I'm not gay so I guess I'll avoid this in-game option.

Blackpot
09-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Well I'm not gay so I guess I'll avoid this in-game option.

Gosh, you will not be forced to be a gay/lesbian...

tpanisiak
09-22-2011, 02:37 PM

Ah, don't worry Blackpot. Straight / non-opened-minded people just aren't getting this concept.

Lone_Sword
09-22-2011, 02:49 PM

I don't think he said he'd avoid the game or that he'd be forced. He simply said he wouldn't be using this in-game option.

You don't need to jump on him so quickly without understanding what he said :)

Data87
09-22-2011, 03:49 PM
You mean in our world or Nirn?

Lokhan is the "God of all Mortals" on Nirn. As for our own earth? Well, God is still an enigma.

Either way, I was using it to point out that in one world -- our world -- some people believe that "God" (or more correctly the BIBLE) condemns homosexuality. Whether or not it's true (or if God even exists...) remains to debate, and one which I don't want to create on this board.

But! The GAME, Skyrim, takes place in a FICTIONAL land on a FICTIONAL planet called Nirn. That pretend world is lorded over a fictional God named Lokahn. I see no versus, scriptures, writings, or scrolls that Lokhan condemns homosexuality on Nirn.

Maybe the creators of Skyrim are okay with homosexuality. I can imagine some people who have helped create the series may be a bit disquieted about people able to engage in gay marriages. It's a fact of life, not everyone is "okay" with people who engage in this lifestyle. At the end of the day, though, Skyrim is just a game, and if you feel gay people are pushing their homosexuality on you? ... well that's your problem, not ours.

I was referring to our "God". ;)
I think Bioware went kind of overboard with Dragon Age II having more male NPC's hitting on your male character than female NPC's. "Look, look! We have gay NPC's! And to make up for the lack of gay/bisexual NPC's in our previous games, we're bringing you more gay characters than straight characters this time around!" :rolleyes:

kitsunestrife
09-22-2011, 04:18 PM
I see no proof that God hates gay people. Only fabrications of man pretending to speak God's will. :mad:

tpanisiak
09-22-2011, 07:39 PM
I was referring to our "God". ;)
I think Bioware went kind of overboard with Dragon Age II having more male NPC's hitting on your male character than female NPC's. "Look, look! We have gay NPC's! And to make up for the lack of gay/bisexual NPC's in our previous games, we're bringing you more gay characters than straight characters this time around!" :rolleyes:

Actually, as a lesbian (I know, gasp!) I too felt that Dragon Age 2 was overstepping something. And while I'm fine with homosexuality being in video games (and I'm also okay if the situation doesn't make an appearance) I felt pretty appalled by what BioWare (or maybe even EA's influence?) was doing there. Even with Dragon Age 1 there was little subtly because Liliana would easily take a crack at your female character after very little persuasion.

While DA:O was brilliant, and Dragon Age: 2 was "meh" I really felt that Bioware was certainly trying to put across homosexuality too stongly. I'm surprised there was as little moaning and complaining about it from gay-hat0rs as there was.

I see no proof that God hates gay people. Only fabrications of man pretending to speak God's will.

There's such a huge debate about homosexuality and if God actually said anything. The speakings against gays were said by Levitticus and the writings of Paul (who was a cracker). Here's the kicker: (if my Religious studies serve me correctly) nothing was mentioned about lesbians until the New Testament's. Go figure.

noodlesoup
09-22-2011, 09:26 PM
I dont really care whats in Skyrim, ill still play it.

Btw, I have my own religion, its called, god doesnt exist, and it is derived from an ancient book called, bull♥♥♥♥.

phillibl
09-23-2011, 12:28 AM
I don't really think gay relations belong in a game of this time period. I'm pretty sure they would have executed anyone that entertained even the idea of a gay relationship. Or maybe a new part of the Dark Brotherhood's quest will be to eradicate the homosexuals. If not DB maybe a new extremist faction hmmm

Data87
09-23-2011, 01:39 AM
I don't really think gay relations belong in a game of this time period. I'm pretty sure they would have executed anyone that entertained even the idea of a gay relationship. Or maybe a new part of the Dark Brotherhood's quest will be to eradicate the homosexuals. If not DB maybe a new extremist faction hmmm

What makes you think that? Homosexuality was quite popular in ancient Greece, not to mention that Skyrim is set in a fantasy world, which makes 'time periods' irrelevant.
I'm a straight guy and I couldn't care less if Skyrim will have same sex relationships, I just hope they don't overdo it like Bioware.

Data87
09-23-2011, 01:51 AM
While DA:O was brilliant, and Dragon Age: 2 was "meh" I really felt that Bioware was certainly trying to put across homosexuality too stongly. I'm surprised there was as little moaning and complaining about it from gay-hat0rs as there was.

It's just not that many people bothered to finish DAII. :p

There's such a huge debate about homosexuality and if God actually said anything. The speakings against gays were said by Levitticus and the writings of Paul (who was a cracker). Here's the kicker: (if my Religious studies serve me correctly) nothing was mentioned about lesbians until the New Testament's. Go figure.

Are you religious? If not, why even care?

jojimbo44
09-23-2011, 03:07 AM
They did it all wrong, same sex marriage i have no problem with, but make it available as legal in one province, or "freetown" and illegal in other provinces and towns and add an element of danger, risk to your journey through the game.

This should include mixed marriage as well, it's accepted to marry a nord,lizard,cat or ogre in one place, especially metropolitan cities but illegal and dangerous in others, especially in native provinces, the countryside, smaller villages.

Even now, in some countries you can be executed for same sex relations, in others you can get married.if i am dark elf with a beautiful nord princess as my wife, taking out a few banjo wielding Nord hicks would be real cool.

its a rpg for gods sake, more diversity, because sure it's ok to agree and accept but it's also ok to disagree and tolerate.

now it's not so one sided, and everyone is happy and catered for.

Frugal
09-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Is everyone trolling in this thread? I hope so, because gay marriage has been part of other games and is not a big deal. I'm shocked how many people care.

tpanisiak
09-23-2011, 10:31 AM
It's just not that many people bothered to finish DAII. :p

Are you religious? If not, why even care?

Heh, you win the DA:2 argument easily. ;) I suppose that would explain why people didn't complain bitterly about the overdone homosexuality in that game.

And no. Not religious. Though, I like to keep an open mind and I have a "knowledge okay!" policy with myself. I enjoy learning, even facets of material I'm not interested in. That said, however, religion can be a fascinating topic to learn! But am I an expert with it? ... hardly.

Is everyone trolling in this thread? I hope so, because gay marriage has been part of other games and is not a big deal. I'm shocked how many people care.

Agreed. Like it or not homosexuality will not simply go away and it's making an appearance in media sources more and more. Complaining won't do much, but I think the topic got heated because people insisted that "gay people are pushing their lifestyle at us more and more".

Trodamus
09-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Not sure if it's been posted, but Bioware's David Gaider already had to deal with this in Dragon Age and while you can read his response here (http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/304/index/6661775&lf=8), I'm putting the whole thing below:

David Gaider at BIOWARE:
To the issue: I've said it before and I'll say it again-- perhaps a bit more eloquently, since it's apparently of dire concern to some.

The romances in the game are not for "the straight male gamer". They're for everyone. We have a lot of fans, many of whom are neither straight nor male, and they deserve no less attention. We have good numbers, after all, on the number of people who actually used similar sorts of content in DAO and thus don't need to resort to anecdotal evidence to support our idea that their numbers are not insignificant... and that's ignoring the idea that they don't have just as much right to play the kind of game they wish as anyone else. The "rights" of anyone with regards to a game are murky at best, but anyone who takes that stance must apply it equally to both the minority as well as the majority. The majority has no inherent "right" to get more options than anyone else.

More than that, I would question anyone deciding they speak for "the straight male gamer" just as much as someone claiming they speak for "all RPG fans", "all female fans" or even "all gay fans". You don't. If you wish to express your personal desires, then do so. I have no doubt that any opinion expressed on these forums is shared by many others, but since none of them have elected a spokesperson you're better off not trying to be one. If your attempt is to convince BioWare developers, I can tell you that you do in fact make your opinion less convincing by doing so.

And if there is any doubt why such an opinion might be met with hostility, it has to do with privilege. You can write it off as "political correctness" if you wish, but the truth is that privilege always lies with the majority. They're so used to being catered to that they see the lack of catering as an imbalance. They don't see anything wrong with having things set up to suit them, what's everyone's fuss all about? That's the way it should be, any everyone else should be used to not getting what they want.

The truth is that making a romance available for both genders is far less costly than creating an entirely new one. Does it create some issues of implementation? Sure-- but anything you try on this front is going to have its issues, and inevitably you'll always leave someone out in the cold. In this case, are all straight males left out in the cold? Not at all. There are romances available for them just the same as anyone else. Not all straight males require that their content be exclusive, after all, and you can see that even on this thread.

Would I do it again? I don't know. I doubt I would have Anders make the first move again-- at the time, I thought that requiring all romances to have Hawke initiate everything was the unrealistic part. Even if someone decides that this makes everyone "unrealistically" bisexual, however, or they can't handle the idea that the character might be bisexual if they were another PC... I don't see that as a big concern, to be honest. Romances are never one-size-fits-all, and even for those who don't mind the sexuality issue there's no guarantee they'll find a character they even want to romance. That's why romances are optional content. It's such a personal issue that we'll never be able to please everyone. The very best we can do is give everyone a little bit of choice, and that's what we tried here.

And the person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least. And that's my opinion, expressed as politely as possible.

In a wall of text. Sorry about that.

And I'm sorry if someone didn't get everything they wanted out of the romances-- as I always am. I wish we could do the ideal where there's something for every desire and opinion, but as usual we make do.

Emphasis mine. So in a game where the major feature is freedom to do whatever you want, those that wish for there to be less freedom in the game aren't really the sorts of fans Bethesda is making the game for in the first place.

Psychological
09-23-2011, 02:10 PM
My only problem with it if everyone was bisexual.
I don't want to see some Nord Male hitting on a female, just to come over and hit on me. Or tolerate being hit on by me. It's unrealistic for EVERYONE in the damned world to be that way. Unless ofcourse, it's written into the lore, which it might be for all I know...

Syynx
09-23-2011, 02:30 PM
I'll just leave this (http://goo.gl/uVNyX) here...

Ardbug
09-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Well as long as they dont declare their manlove in every conversation Im ok with it, Im not playing the game to play house, I play it to slay dragons, I couldnt care less about girly pixel romances.

Jack Pipsam
09-25-2011, 03:06 AM

yes because you HAVE to marry and when you marry you HAVE to marry some on of the same sex:rolleyes:

god some people (like yourself) are idiots.

Syynx
09-25-2011, 08:21 AM
yes because you HAVE to marry and when you marry you HAVE to marry some on of the same sex:rolleyes:

god some people (like yourself) are idiots.

It makes me laugh at the completionists who HAVE to do everything in a game :P

jpoon78
09-25-2011, 09:17 AM
I have no intent on using this feature but whatever, like I care what gay people want to do. Good for them...

Well as long as I they dont declare their manlove in every conversation Im ok with it, Im not playing the game to play house, I play it to slay dragons, I couldnt care less about girly pixel romances.
Right on the nose there. All I can say is meh.

Naota
09-27-2011, 06:28 AM
I don't think he said he'd avoid the game or that he'd be forced. He simply said he wouldn't be using this in-game option.

You don't need to jump on him so quickly without understanding what he said :)

Of course he needs to jump on him.

Pushing the homosexual agenda is the new "cause" for liberals, and anyone who doesn't agree with it, will be attacked.

Once again - the minority is dictating to the majority.

A. James
10-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Virtual marriage? LOL! The whole premise is ridiculous, don't you think?

Lone_Sword
10-02-2011, 08:41 PM

The whole premise of hundreds of thousands of people sitting down in-front of a screen for hundreds of hours each to play a group of pixels that you call your "character" in this made-up world inside a virtual reality that only a few hundred people created is also ridiculous, don't 'cha think?. Get down to the nit and gritty, and we all sound like a bunch of psychos :eek:

Psychological
10-02-2011, 08:55 PM

Like Sword said, games in and of themself are ridiculous.

However, if virtual marriage is silly, then what is getting UPSET over virtual marriage? Plain stupid is what, and that's why we should let this thread die.

Lone_Sword
10-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Plain stupid is what, and that's why we should let this thread die.

I don't see why this thread should die. The OP just had a joke, it's the community who filled it with illogical hate. I think this thread should stand as a permanent testament to how much bigotry is still a major part of the gaming subculture. Let all those who think the gaming community as a whole is maturing be proven wrong with a simple link to this thread.

Meatnog
10-03-2011, 01:02 PM
This whole thread is hysterical. Like 4 homophobes, 3 sarcastic comedians and 1000 overreacting gamers.

Psychological
10-03-2011, 04:12 PM
This whole thread is hysterical. Like 4 homophobes, 3 sarcastic comedians and 1000 overreacting gamers.

1,007 idiots all around. OP was bringing information, people disliked information, other people disliked the fact that other people disliked the information, and... well... Yeah.

klaviernista
10-03-2011, 09:18 PM
OH MY GOD! The game is the debble! The debble I say! A pox on ye! A POX.

Seriously though, who cares? Marry your dog for crying out load. If it makes you happy, and it ain't hurting anyone, then have at it.

Sidenote to self: Write Bethesda PR and request that bestiality be implemented in game, else be prepared to face the wrath of PETA.

Psychological
10-04-2011, 11:26 AM
OH MY GOD! The game is the debble! The debble I say! A pox on ye! A POX.

Seriously though, who cares? Marry your dog for crying out load. If it makes you happy, and it ain't hurting anyone, then have at it.

Sidenote to self: Write Bethesda PR and request that bestiality be implemented in game, else be prepared to face the wrath of PETA.

This is the Elder scrolls, not fable!

ALCAPOWNED
10-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Modders and other odd folks that have played this game have complained about quests where you cannot be female to complete them. *The cat lady on Morrowind*. By just including it they piss off no one except morons.

Akuen
10-07-2011, 02:09 AM
You could even do same-sex marriages as far back as The Sims (don't know about Sims 1, but it was in Sims 2). I didn't hear any complaints about it back then.

Unfortunately LGBT characters in video games have progressed very little in a long timespan.
First they were mostly either comedic characters or villain types.
Yes, The Sims did push some boundries, but it was still fairly conservative at least up until The Sims 3. In The Sims 1 you could have same-sex relationships, but that was it. In The Sims 2 you could have same-sex civil unions, but marriage was still "sacred" and reserved for different-sex relationships. Only in The Sims 3 did we finally get proper marriage.

I don't play The Sims, but boy do I care about this stuff.
It's great to see that video games are progressing, surely, if slowly.
Now I just need to know if bigamy is available in Skyrim.

I'm so getting a trophy hubby in Skyrim - and maybe a wifey too, if possible. :)

Bigot.

Unfortunately, it isn't yet.

cyens
11-20-2011, 09:00 PM
I would think the game would be extremely lame if they didn't allow gay marriage. I cannot believe some of the comment some of you wrote here.

TSSS shame on you!

Draxton
11-20-2011, 09:01 PM
I thought I killed all the Necromancers?

dkwo
11-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Freedom of marriage is a fun element, I personally welcome this sort of design.

Milkycookie
11-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Possible new test:

Galadriel and two arwens..use your imagination please. :p

S7ELI7S
11-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Please don't tell me we're going to start this "homosexuality isn't a sexual orientation, it's an agenda!" and "homosexuality is a choice!" crap. It's complete nonsense.

If gay marriage (in a video game for that matter) offends far-right sensibilities so terribly much, feel free to bugger off and go back to playing your banjo in the swamp and thumping your bible.
wtf? Bible thumping people? In skyrim? You have magic in skyrim which is punishible by death in Bible terms. If anyone is against same sex marriage in Skyrim, it's the people who desire to keep a certain atmosphere that says true to the inspiration the Elder Scrolls series derives from.

You have assassinations, thieves, black magic. You will definitively run into people who will condemn same sex marriage. That's why having in, without consequences, might ruin the atmosphere.

MrD3a7h
11-20-2011, 10:05 PM

Have some rep.

Nekofu
11-20-2011, 10:15 PM
wtf? Bible thumping people? In skyrim? You have magic in skyrim which is punishible by death in Bible terms. If anyone is against same sex marriage in Skyrim, it's the people who desire to keep a certain atmosphere that says true to the inspiration the Elder Scrolls series derives from.

You have assassinations, thieves, black magic. You will definitively run into people who will condemn same sex marriage. That's why having in, without consequences, might ruin the atmosphere.

this not entirely accurate :P you could find that the gods that deal with marriage are cool with it.
why you would find that some people don't like it, they may be just not into it themselves rather than growing up in a environment that is agenst it.
They could be shunned themselves for not agreeing with the gods, who have a very real impact on the world.

in game world is different to our world :P if the gods that influence the culture where happy with it, i expect the majority of people would live there lives not giving it a second thaght.

shadenox
11-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Well if you listen to that priest of Mara he seems pretty adamant all Mara cares about is love. Not who and who, just love. So I guess that's the church of the Nine Divines oppinion on marriage.

Since apprently marriage is exclusively Mara's domain. Sides women tend to be more accepting so it's no surprise a goddess is nicer then a god.

shadenox
11-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Would you guys vote for a gay president lol

If you say no then add to my reputation

once i receive over 100 rep then it concludes that gay marriage in games should be banned,

thanks

What's their policies? His home life is irrelevant.

Ingsoc
11-20-2011, 10:23 PM
This is a very cool inclusion. Just gives gamers one more choice to consider if they so desire. Plus it's a nice little piece of recognition to the sizeable "gaymer" community.

If nothing else, more choice is always good in these types of games. Kudos to Bethesda for doing this.

Ardbug
11-20-2011, 10:33 PM
I was a little worried before launch that I would be hit upon by gay NPCs in every other conversation, but I have not even seen a hint of a gay (or straight) proposition ingame yet, so there really is no reason to avoid the game, you wont get any "agendas" thrown in your face.

shadenox
11-20-2011, 10:37 PM
I was a little worried before launch that I would be hit upon by gay NPCs in every other conversation, but I have not even seen a hint of a gay (or straight) proposition ingame yet, so there really is no reason to avoid the game, you wont get any "agendas" thrown in your face.

You need to wear an Amulet of Mara to signify that you're availiable. Even then they remark on the necklace not so much you, until you pursue the new dialouge option in which case they throw out a generic compliment.

Orcs for example praise your strength and say with that you should have no problems being married.

Ingsoc
11-20-2011, 10:49 PM

Absolutely. I think it would be terrible to be hit on by any NPCs on a regular basis, no matter whether they are male or female. The idea of regularly being hit on at all in a game is a big turn-off for me. It should always be an optional extra for the player to pursue, not something that is "forced" upon the player in any case (whether it's gay or straight is irrelevant I think).

bud380
11-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Ok? This was also possible in Fable 1, i don't see what the big deal is.

CSIG1001
11-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Ok? This was also possible in Fable 1, i don't see what the big deal is.

would you vote for a gay president?

flipflopfloop
11-20-2011, 11:07 PM
i'd vote a giant sand worm into office if I could.

shadenox
11-20-2011, 11:08 PM

What is their policies man? No sensible person is going to hinge their vote on an irrelevant personal detail.

Firestorm998
11-20-2011, 11:14 PM

once i receive over 100 rep then it concludes that gay marriage in games should be banned,

thanks
I would. Sorry no rep for you.

Thumbs up if you agree. :rolleyes:

mowskwoz
11-20-2011, 11:17 PM
In the first 15 minutes of the game, there is a beheading, there are people being burned to death by a dragon, and there are several murders.

Those things are acceptable to the same people who think homosexuality in a video game isn't. That bothers me.

Lostar
11-20-2011, 11:18 PM
*NOT* an integral part of the game. You can play the game all the way through and live out your hetero-fantasies.

Draxton
11-20-2011, 11:18 PM
In the first 15 minutes of the game, there is a beheading, there are people being burned to death by a dragon, and there are several murders.

Those things are acceptable to the same people who think homosexuality in a video game isn't. That bothers me.

Don't forget the child killing mod.

bud380
11-20-2011, 11:26 PM

Would you vote for a straight one?

CSIG1001
11-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Would you vote for a straight one?

Yes..

not a gay one no. I think our founding fathers would agree

bud380
11-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Yes..

Your founding fathers were a bunch of old racists who thought the general public was too stupid to be relied upon, why the hell do you think they set up the electoral college?

Draxton
11-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Yes..

The views of a bunch of Puritans from 300+ years ago...totally relevant to today's modern world.

shadenox
11-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Yes..

You mean the guys who mostly had no problem owning people because they looked different? They were forward thinkers for their time, but if we held to every belief they had we'd have gotten no where.

RaranTroff
11-20-2011, 11:47 PM
Think about this. How many of us guys that played any sims game created a house full of lesbians? I know I did. How many of us created a house with one guy and 4 or 5 women living there. Guilty as charged. Both scenarios that could be misconstrued as wrong and horrible to have in a game but its not is it. So even the straightest of guys has to admit that leaving out the option gay stuff in a game if the option of lesbian or harim stuff exists is a double standard.

A game with total freedom of action such as a rpg, sim game, or what that filters out one thing or another kills the spirit of a total freedom sandbox rpg.

keiskay2
11-20-2011, 11:48 PM
so would you guys kiss another man if your a dude?

as long as the balls dont touch its not gay, and yes that applies to everything.

Tondra
11-20-2011, 11:50 PM
So Bethesda purposely didn't say anything because they didn't want to make a big deal about it and here you are posting it up to make a big deal about it...

End result = who cares? It's a game.

greeloc
11-20-2011, 11:50 PM
Jesus, can't we even play the computer game without getting into all the other crap we hear every other day in the media? Lighten up, people. It's just a game after all. Sheesh.

shadenox
11-20-2011, 11:51 PM

Atleast buy me dinner before you start fishing. ;)

RaranTroff
11-20-2011, 11:53 PM
Jesus, can't we even play the computer game without getting into all the other crap we hear every other day in the media? Lighten up, people. It's just a game after all. Sheesh.

This is indeed good thingking as well. :)

Firestorm998
11-20-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm playing as a female assassin type and have been hit on by Yolanda(?) in Whiterun.
I may just marry her then murder her on the honeymoon.

bud380
11-20-2011, 11:58 PM

btw
Originally Posted by CSIG1001

so far my rep has gone up thanks for all the true americans. Need 80 more votes.

thanks

What the hell does kissing another man have to do with voting for the President of the US?

P.S. In europe, men kiss eachother as a greeting in some countries. It seems your either incredibly immature or incredibly homophobic.

RaranTroff
11-21-2011, 12:02 AM
I'm playing as a female assassin type and have been hit on by Yolanda(?) in Whiterun.

First steal everything she has then do it. A lot less messy than divorce to boot. What would be better is if you could drag her back to the tortur chamber and just keep her there. Prolly a bit too evil thouth. The npc may actually be programed to like it as well. lol

CSIG1001
11-21-2011, 12:03 AM

what if you guys saw gay men kissing everywhere in skyrim would you be playing it then? Lets say you are just strolling along you are in entering a town and all you see is gay men holding hands and french kissing.. How about a Skyrim gay parade? Would you like the game then?

shadenox
11-21-2011, 12:04 AM
what if you guys saw gay men kissing everywhere in skyrim would you be playing it then? Lets say you are just strolling along you are in entering a town and all you see is gay men holding hands and french kissing.. How about a Skyrim gay parade? Would you like the game then?

Sounds festive, also the armor would probably look better.

bud380
11-21-2011, 12:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWUpD9x0s7c

CSIG1001
What the hell does kissing another man have to do with voting for the President of the US?

P.S. In europe, men kiss eachother as a greeting in some countries. It seems your either incredibly immature or incredibly homophobic.

no i am fully aware about man kissing in other countries.. but thats different, they arent gay.. We are talking about straight up gays in this thread.. I think you are lost

jackbosha
I can't believe people care so much. You can be gay, you can be straight, or you can be neither because it's an open world RPG and the whole relationship system is awful! Just relax, people.

Nekofu
11-21-2011, 12:07 AM

probably as stupid as if i saw the same thing with strait men and women.
i i where to see 2 men kissing in skyrim i wouldnt have a problem with it, if i saw 2 girls kissing no issues, or a boy and girl.
meh i dont care

but are you realy asking that question like that :O

Draxton
11-21-2011, 12:08 AM
no i am fully aware about man kissing in other countries.. but thats different, they arent gay.. We are talking about straight up gays in this thread.. I think you are lost

Can we talk about people with severe mental deficiencies? I'm nominating you to go first.

bud380
11-21-2011, 12:08 AM

Really? Because you seem to be losing track of your own comments "so would you guys kiss another man if your a dude?" direct quote from one of your comments. So, are you lost by any chance?

Firestorm998
11-21-2011, 12:09 AM
What if?
That's a very interesting fantasy scenario you have there. Very interesting indeed.

bud380
11-21-2011, 12:09 AM
well im out ,

you guys have a gay old time
ttyl

btw dont forget to vote on my rep , once i get a 100 it will be announced tomorrow evening who wins haha

Well, seeing as i reported you to the mods, i guess we WILL see, won't we?

shadenox
11-21-2011, 12:10 AM
well im out ,

you guys have a gay old time
ttyl

Oh don't worry I will. Bye!

Draxton
11-21-2011, 12:10 AM
What if?
That's a very interesting fantasy scenario you have there. Very interesting indeed.

Indeed. I now demand someone mod this in. "The CSIG1001 Mod - now with extra homoeroticsm."

shadenox
11-21-2011, 12:12 AM
Indeed. I now demand someone mod this in. "The CSIG1001 Mod - now with extra homoeroticsm."

I'd download it for sure. Sounds fun.

Nekofu
11-21-2011, 12:13 AM

would be funny ! i support this

bud380
11-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Lol, i can see it now, homosexual Draugr's making out before you confront them.

CSIG1001
11-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Well, seeing as i reported you to the mods, i guess we WILL see, won't we?

seeing how you have no reputation i dont think it will matter.
They will just laugh at you and this thread.

bud380
11-21-2011, 12:21 AM
seeing how you have no reputation i dont think it will matter.
They will just laugh at you and this thread.

Oh, were all already laughing at you.

P.S. Mods do not care about who has rep or not genius. Lol, what, worried that you were reported so now your trying to convince yourself your "rep" will somehow save you? lol, oh god, this is almost funnier than watching you try to reason about how the US's founding fathers beliefs are still relevant to this period!

CSIG1001
11-21-2011, 12:22 AM
Oh, were all already laughing at you.

P.S. Mods do not care about who has rep or not genius. Lol, what, worried that you were reported so now your trying to convince yourself your "rep" will somehow save you? lol, oh god, this is almost funnier than watching you try to reason about how the US's founding fathers beliefs are still relevant to this period!

lol really , i will just report you now lOl