PDA

View Full Version : CSGO Weapon models + Hands/Arms positioning awkward

ds-
08-26-2011, 05:56 AM
So after watching trailers and gameplay videos for CS:GO, I think we can all agree that the weapons and how they are being held look really awkward and terrible.

The Hidden Path, please give us even the smallest of hints that you at least plan on working on that?

This is how it is in CS:GO:
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2760/csgoak47.jpg

This is how it is in CSS:
http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/e/e3/Hl2_2010-04-04_21-38-33-62.jpg/600px-Hl2_2010-04-04_21-38-33-62.jpg

And this is how, IMO, it should look like (ignore tattoos):
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6905/howitshouldbe.jpg
I should note that how it is in CSS is still far superior to how it is in CSGO.

soviet_sharkey
08-26-2011, 06:01 AM
They should just make it the old art with updated graphics in that department like in CSS
using Portal 2 version of engine mabye

zerozero
08-26-2011, 06:22 AM
The gun models look very bad in my opinion. Despite the angle they hold them, the models itself look very bad aswell. The 1.6 gunmodels are the best, especially the ak. M4 is better looking in source...
awp looks ok. The game in general looks very bad, graphics are outdated.
8 years after css the jump should be bigger...

ds-
08-26-2011, 06:24 AM
The gun models look very bad in my opinion. Despite the angle they hold them, the models itself look very bad aswell. The 1.6 gunmodels are the best, especially the ak. M4 is better looking in source...

Agreed.

1337iffa
08-26-2011, 06:28 AM
That's what happens when you let the L4D team make models. If you added zombies and some CC this game would be L4D3.

OilBurn
08-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Honestly the way weapons are held and the firing animations on some of the weapons look goofy.

And the AK looks like a toy.

Bindal
08-26-2011, 06:42 AM
Anyone of you ever heard the term "early beta"? Or "Alpha"? Those are the phases the footage is taken from.
And Valve is rather quick about changing weapon-animations pre-release (took them only two month to replace all weapon-animations in L4D2 from the good L4D1-versions to the current "glued to ear" versions)

They should just make it the old art with updated graphics in that department like in CSS
They do already.

McLane
08-26-2011, 06:43 AM
I have to agree. The Weapons and the way the player holds it just looks A$$! I thought I watched the L4D3-Trailer or something... PLEASE remove them and redone them to look better and not like a freakin' L4D-ripp-off they are now... BUTTUGLY and the Animations are laughable... jeez. We are in 2011 and not longer in 1999...

EVEN it is a pre-Beta... they show us trailers and actual gameplay to this is what we will mostly get in october... would be nice if they want to change them until 2012...

bose645
08-26-2011, 06:44 AM
i just hope they fix and match the 1st person player arm models with that of the characters models arms.. so say your character has long sleeve camo arms.. then that's what you'll see instead of naked arms.. lol.. i mean.. the time splitters series even got it right.. for crying out loud! :D

Bindal
08-26-2011, 06:45 AM
I have to agree. The Weapons and the way the player holds it just looks A$$! I thought I watched the L4D3-Trailer or something... PLEASE remove them and redone them to look better and not like a freakin' L4D-ripp-off they are now... BUTTUGLY and the Animations are laughable... jeez. We are in 2011 and not longer in 1999...
So you want the 1999-styled "weapon bobs back and forth" instead of ACTUAL ANIMATIONS, which this game offers when you walk?
Or hollywood-styled "throw out and pull random lever on gun"-reloading instead of the actual one (which is also belong to 1999 in games)?

i just hope they fix and match the 1st person player arm models with that of the characters models arms.. so say your character has long sleeve camo arms.. then that's what you'll see instead of naked arms.. lol.. i mean.. the time splitters series even got it right.. for crying out loud! :D
Time Splitter didn't have arms at all in the first two games - or animations other than "move weapon out of screen, move back in". Only the THIRD (and last one) gave you arms.

Dave348
08-26-2011, 06:46 AM
The AK in that screenshot does look too round and fluffy.

I'd like to see a sharper more hardcore weapon model.

ds-
08-26-2011, 08:04 AM

I'd like to see a sharper more hardcore weapon model.
round and fluffy is a pretty good way to describe the model lol

localhost
08-26-2011, 08:16 AM
It should be realistic gun skins and more detailed hand. So far it looks awaful.

Good thing its in alpha stage so they have time to change that ugly skins and and souns and replace them with realistic one.

For me it looks like L4D 3 :/

MARKO94EVERSERB
08-26-2011, 08:18 AM

it is portal 2,they updated the graphics form source maps.Added few things in some maps to make them balanced and maybe played in competitive game modes

metalhead0043
08-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Anyone else think the shotgun looks like a re-skinned version of the TF2 soldier shotgun? I haven't played TF2 in a while, but it's strikingly similar to me. I know it is still early on, and Valve can (and should) change things. I just really hope this isn't what we have to look at when we play CS:GO.

Bindal
08-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Probably because that's how AKs are made nowerdays? Heck, I wouldn't even be surprised if the AK is no more a AK47 but a AK101 instead (one of the most current models)

Crew
08-26-2011, 08:32 AM
For me arms models and weapons are very ugly, awful!

McLane
08-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Anyone else think the shotgun looks like a re-skinned version of the TF2 soldier shotgun? I haven't played TF2 in a while, but it's strikingly similar to me.

Yeah, I thought the same... it looks like a freakin' toygun with the Hands from L4D... O.o

crazedhunmanne
08-26-2011, 08:38 AM
The maps looked nice. But the shading of the guns didnt match with the map itself. It looked odd.

The only gun model I really like was the m4.

I had the feeling that some skin makers on Gamebanana could make a better job than them. Hope those are temporary models.

maneroe1990
08-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Maps look nice, the ct skins t skins look nice to, but the weapons must be bigger and the deagle is wtf!! Hands are realistic but must change, the crosshiar looks weird. The molotov cocktail look cool. But it need many work on it, to make it perfect

ds-
08-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Anyone else think the shotgun looks like a re-skinned version of the TF2 soldier shotgun? I haven't played TF2 in a while, but it's strikingly similar to me. I know it is still early on, and Valve can (and should) change things. I just really hope this isn't what we have to look at when we play CS:GO.
It did remind me of TF2, yes.

weedo
08-26-2011, 09:30 AM
I noticed this straight away too, the arm models and they way it holds the gun just doesn't look right, and throwing the grenade in the ign video looked really bad.

Also the music in the official trailer seemed of low standard. This whole game is feeling quite low standard and of poor production value tbh.

VOSTAS
08-26-2011, 10:34 AM
have they added iron sights? no? ok then at least make that the ♥♥♥♥ing gun is aiming at the crosshair ,the barrel should point to the middle of the screen !
and the animation,the looks of the guns,hand everything is a joke

and what is with a shotgun? yes it does look like a tf2 toy,i do like simple old looking shotguns,i dont want spas,or shotguns with grip etc.
but that shotguns looks really bad,only good thing is that pump animation,in css it goes in to thee middle of the screen blocking the view

doyzer
08-26-2011, 10:39 AM

Agreed.