PDA

View Full Version : how to combine fleets?

axhed
08-26-2011, 03:11 PM
stuck in the tutorial, lol.

sent a colonizer out to a star; nothing there and he was stranded without fuel on the way back.

built a tanker and sent him out to rendezvous, then spent what seemed like 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get the tanker (delta fleet) to join up with beta fleet (colonizer, armorer, ext range.)

after finding nothing in contextual menues, keybind menues, the wiki, or google, i decided to just ignore them. after a couple turns, both beta fleet and delta fleet (the tanker) arrived at beta's destination.

i guess the tanker just automagically joined up with the stranded fleet and followed them back?

axhed
08-27-2011, 04:49 AM
never mind, i figured that one out. you just drag and drop them together. i could've sworn i tried that and it didn't work.

Robrecht
08-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Yeah, when a fleet has only just arrived at the spot where another fleet was stranded sometimes drag+drop fleet merging doesn't work.

And sometimes it does.

You can tell whether that's the case from the arriving fleet's 'mission/activity description'. If it says 'arriving' then the fleet just barely made it to the spot and needs another turn to get into position alongside the other fleet (but it can refuel and repair them).