PDA

View Full Version : Cross-platform gameplay.... What the --

TheEditor
08-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Im sorry, this might be just another complain thread.

Im not complaining about CS:GO in general except for this, in fact, im looking forward to it.

But cross-platform gameplay... That one scares me off.

So, there are 2 possible scenarios:

- Console users are screwed, as a pc gamer has the better advantage. Console gamers are thus screwed.
- Console gamers will receive some stupid auto-aim bonus (maybe even the pc gamers will get it) that will totally ruin the game.

Or, we're going to do it like this: No cross platform gameplay. Unless we get the chance to separate console gamers from pc gamers.

Anticitizen
08-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Of course we know how disastrous attempts to let 360 and PC gamers play on one server have been in the past.

Oh wait, we don't. It's never been done.

Rahabib
08-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Im sorry, this might be just another complaint...

Yep.Congrats on the 20th post on the same thing. You had to start a new thread?

ARKaMAN
08-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Since when do we care about Console gamers getting the short end of the stick? Considering we get it most of the time. Also 'Auto Aim' yea i bet it will be in it. :|

pash1k
08-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Of course we know how disastrous attempts to let 360 and PC gamers play on one server have been in the past.

It has. Halo team experimented with it, PC people slaughtered Xbox people. Can't be bothered to find a link, google it.

greenblur
08-26-2011, 06:58 PM
OR, cross platform play is it's own option/gamemode, and isn't forced on you like people are assuming.

Haydenfoot
08-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Shadowrun had cross-platform gameplay for the xbox360 and pc users. The developers intentionally gimped the PC version so that aiming was sluggish to "balance" it out for both ends. I'm pretty sure that game died very quickly.

BingoGod
08-26-2011, 07:20 PM
also they will surely gimp mods so the PS3 doesn't have a stroke trying to run them

Rahabib
08-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Shadowrun had cross-platform gameplay for the xbox360 and pc users. The developers intentionally gimped the PC version so that aiming was sluggish to "balance" it out for both ends. I'm pretty sure that game died very quickly.

Ut3 for ps3 had mouse and keyboard and it worked just fine. So what's the point?

Rahabib
08-26-2011, 07:37 PM
also they will surely gimp mods so the PS3 doesn't have a stroke trying to run them

Ut3 ran mods too. PC version was unaffected.

jackiechann
08-26-2011, 10:16 PM
OR, cross platform play is it's own option/gamemode, and isn't forced on you like people are assuming.

This. I don't get why people are so competitive and care about whether one team would get owned whenever cross platform play is brought up. If it is an option who cares? Even if it's not, who cares?

TheEditor
08-27-2011, 06:26 AM

Shadowrun. Failed to deliver fun cross-platform gameplay.

NortonAntivirus
08-27-2011, 06:28 AM
I sure hope some people using a controller come online so I can get some easy kills

Ranik
08-27-2011, 06:55 AM
Ut3 for ps3 had mouse and keyboard and it worked just fine. So what's the point?

"Worked just fine" because M&K couldn't play with joypad, and considering it was (until CS:GO) the only FPS on the PS3 to support M&K, no one used M&K on PS3 for it, so that section of it died quickly.

Worked fine alright.