PDA

View Full Version : A thread to say thanks, and WOW!

EnterHavoc
08-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Okay, so naturally in a beta there is going to be lots of complaining and lots of issues being discussed. And while I have no doubt that there are bugs and balance issues and what not, I'm sure it doesn't make the devs entirely happy either!

So let's just talk about what we like/love about the game for a thread!

For me, I love the smoothness of it. It's the smoothest shooter experience I've had in the Source Engine and it's a testament to the talent of the guys at InterWave.

I also love the way the commander unlocks class kits. Definitely adds a lot to it.

The map design is great. Having a huge map with all those little nooks and crannies inside buildings has always been my dreams as a game designer to make it work, and work it does. Nothing better than having a teamfight in a long, open street, and then dropping down a side alley and having a one on one with someone. It's amazingly fun design.

After months of waiting, I cannot believe it's so incredibly fun. Normally I over hype things and get dramatically disappointed, but in this case I am actually surprise at how fun it really is!

So thankyou to Interwave Studios for creating such an amazing game. It is incredible and I cannot believe it was produced by an indie company.

Psyker101
08-27-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm really digging the map design. The weapons also have a good feeling to them.

StartedBullet
08-27-2011, 10:52 AM
I love the previous two points.

But I really like how those people who just memorize a map have a disadvantage here due to it constantly changing.

Proxers
08-27-2011, 10:57 AM
All of the weapons sound great, and atmospheric sounds also sound awesome. I love the sound of suppressed Paladin! :p

snivilous
08-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Agreed, nice smooth FPS, great balance from the get go. Obviously a lot will be added, but I hope the RTS/Unlocking weapons will be expanded (Tier 1, 2, 3 type unlocks). And the maps are gorgeous! At first I thought you couldn't go up on any buildings, now every game I play I find some random little ladder to go somewhere--love it! There's some stuff that needs fixing, but honestly, I'd still play it a ton if nothing got fixed as is. Certainly worth more than $25--even for BETA!

ATLbandit
08-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Okay, so naturally in a beta there is going to be lots of complaining and lots of issues being discussed. And while I have no doubt that there are bugs and balance issues and what not, I'm sure it doesn't make the devs entirely happy either!

So let's just talk about what we like/love about the game for a thread!

For me, I love the smoothness of it. It's the smoothest shooter experience I've had in the Source Engine and it's a testament to the talent of the guys at InterWave.

I also love the way the commander unlocks class kits. Definitely adds a lot to it.

The map design is great. Having a huge map with all those little nooks and crannies inside buildings has always been my dreams as a game designer to make it work, and work it does. Nothing better than having a teamfight in a long, open street, and then dropping down a side alley and having a one on one with someone. It's amazingly fun design.

After months of waiting, I cannot believe it's so incredibly fun. Normally I over hype things and get dramatically disappointed, but in this case I am actually surprise at how fun it really is!

So thankyou to Interwave Studios for creating such an amazing game. It is incredible and I cannot believe it was produced by an indie company.

Agreed on this, the maps look great and it is hard to believe this is Source when looking at them. You feel like you are in a metropolitan area that was wiped out, Downtown very much feels like scenes from I Am Legend. These are the settings HOMEFRONT should have had but failed to achieve.

There are bugs to be fixed and some tweaks that should be made, but that is what this beta is for. What other major companies are offering a beta where the developers will interact with you on a personal level (note the second part)?

Agreed, nice smooth FPS, great balance from the get go. Obviously a lot will be added, but I hope the RTS/Unlocking weapons will be expanded (Tier 1, 2, 3 type unlocks). And the maps are gorgeous! At first I thought you couldn't go up on any buildings, now every game I play I find some random little ladder to go somewhere--love it! There's some stuff that needs fixing, but honestly, I'd still play it a ton if nothing got fixed as is. Certainly worth more than $25--even for BETA!

I'd like to see some additional weapons as well, but the ones that are there are simple enough and efficient to use. I am still trying to figure out the nooks and crannies of these maps. By the time I learn these two, I'll have four more to try and learn :D. That isn't a bad thing whatsoever.

mattressfish
08-27-2011, 01:06 PM
I love the previous two points.

But I really like how those people who just memorize a map have a disadvantage here due to it constantly changing.

Huh? They change?

Balrore
08-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Huh? They change?

I personally feel like they constantly change in that the frontlines shift depending on commander's building choices.

EnterHavoc
08-28-2011, 07:14 AM
I personally feel like they constantly change in that the frontlines shift depending on commander's building choices.

Very true, the games change a hell of a lot depending on building locations. Makes for nice replay value

Dazzozo
08-28-2011, 07:52 AM
I love it.

WarningSpoilers
08-28-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm really having a blast with this game. It's great.