PDA

View Full Version : To THQ: Thank you for a demo

PizzaSHARK!
08-28-2011, 04:17 AM
I didn't see any official THQ forums and Relic doesn't have a Space Marine forum so I'm putting this here. Hopefully someone from THQ/Relic will see it.

Thank you for making and releasing a demo for Space Marine. I likely would have bought the game anyway, eventually, even without one, but I likely would have waited for a Steam sale before doing so. Instead, because I enjoyed the demo - and because you made a demo - I went ahead and pre-ordered. So instead of getting $20 when it's on sale, you got my full $50.

I did it as much because I liked playing Space Marine as because you actually had the balls to make a demo. It seems like way too many AAA developers and publishers are paranoid of releasing demos or anything more than highlight reels of gameplay - which are about as related to actual gameplay as mystery meat to a filet mignon - so I was really glad to see someone have the stones to release a demo, particularly a big name like THQ.

So, again, thanks. Thanks for making Space Marine (which is gonna be a blast), and thanks for making a demo for Space Marine.

lonefalcon
08-28-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.spacemarine.com/forum