PDA

View Full Version : Will my pc handle dead island?

doodruid
08-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Hi I was wondering if my pc could handle Dead Island on atleast Medium settyings with shadows low of off if its possible to alter them.

My specs are as follows
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 235e 2.7ghz Dual core
Ram: 6144mb's
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4650 1gb
Video Ram: 4gb
DX Version: DX11 But GPU Only supports up to DX10

Marnit
08-28-2011, 03:01 PM
that depends entirely on how well the game is optimized

dellsharpie
08-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Your GPU is the limiting factor here. However, in theory, you should be able to run the game with no problems, maybe not on max, but run with a half decent FPS.

hatex666x
08-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi I was wondering if my pc could handle Dead Island on atleast Medium settyings with shadows low of off if its possible to alter them.

My specs are as follows
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 235e 2.7ghz Dual core
Ram: 6144mb's
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4650 1gb
Video Ram: 4gb
DX Version: DX11 But GPU Only supports up to DX10

Yeah I am in the same boat as you I meet every thing fine just not the processor but I am running other games that need core2duo just fine. I pre-orderd my copy of D.I yesterday I guess we have just got to take a chance eh.

Undying Zombie
08-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Should be fine, might, or might not be capable of running the game on highest settings though.

Like someone else already mentioned it does depend on how well the game is optimized. We can only hope that they do it in a proper manner.

TheDoctors
08-29-2011, 01:02 AM
This is a handy site http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ , basically it give you the result of your PC stat vs. The game stat, this should be taken as a guide as you can adjust performance or their will release patches later.

Frank1
08-29-2011, 04:36 AM
What about me? :)

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
8.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
GeForce GTS 250

hatex666x
08-29-2011, 06:05 AM
What about me? :)

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
8.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
GeForce GTS 250

Now your just being silly :P

Frank1
08-30-2011, 02:16 AM
Now your just being silly :P

So, I'll run it fine?

hatex666x
08-30-2011, 04:46 AM
So, I'll run it fine?

Oh sorry I thought you where joking around, Yeah it'll run fine :)

Jaheebus
08-30-2011, 04:49 AM
This is a handy site http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ , basically it give you the result of your PC stat vs. The game stat, this should be taken as a guide as you can adjust performance or their will release patches later.

That site is a bit odd, it reminds me of one of those "love calculators". I've tried multiple games with it, ones that run bad and brilliant on my PC and yet that site gives me the same results, just over the minimum requirements. (sorry that looks like I tried a game on the love calculator... not that I've tried a love calculator before.)

Will mine run it, I don't believe that site.

Intel core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
4GB RAM
GTX 460 (overclocker) 1GB
Windows Vista 64bit

Undying Zombie
08-30-2011, 06:40 AM
That site is a bit odd, it reminds me of one of those "love calculators". I've tried multiple games with it, ones that run bad and brilliant on my PC and yet that site gives me the same results, just over the minimum requirements. (sorry that looks like I tried a game on the love calculator... not that I've tried a love calculator before.)

4GB RAM
Windows Vista 64bit

Should be fine, The only bit that might be questionable would be the processor. ( though I do not think it will be for this game )

*EDIT*
What I meant is that I do not think it will be an issue for this game when it comes to your processor*

Paddles
08-30-2011, 06:52 AM
The games only on the Chrome Engine 3 so don't expect a huge chunk of Gameplay gone from older Graphics Cards.

I'd say most of the specs posted will run on at least Medium-High

Tsubasa
08-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Not 3, 5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Island

Honestly, Dead Island looks kind of intense, like UT3 x 2 intense. I would definitely want a video card that's high-end for its series, and even then, I don't think anything less than an nVidia 200 series card could comfortably run this game, but I suppose we'll see in a week.

keiskay2
08-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Not 3, 5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Island

Honestly, Dead Island looks kind of intense, like UT3 x 2 intense. I would definitely want a video card that's high-end for its series, and even then, I don't think anything less than an nVidia 200 series card could comfortably run this game, but I suppose we'll see in a week.

crysis2 looks mighty pretty but i can run that game without problems while crysis 1 is still laggy maxed for me, but i think op should be fine at medium setings maybe mixed with some high.

and on system requirements labs website is just a joke, i can apparently run this game maxed with my computer thats worse then the guy with his gts 460.

shabbyblock
08-31-2011, 03:20 AM
I have 5gb. 2.2 ghz. Yes! 2.2GHZ... Soon to be upgraded in X-mas but.. On can you run it said I could run it on recommended so.. I'm taking my chances I pre-ordered Dead Island 5 days ago.. So lets hope to god I can play it on Med or maybe all high but something turned down.. ;)

mudflaps
08-31-2011, 10:36 AM

4GB RAM
Windows Vista 64bit

try it, if it sucks. Overclock your cpu, you should get at least 3.7 out of it. Mine ran fine in most games.

Plus my old laptop

c2d e7200 at 2.4 i think*
nvidia 8400 wouldnt run l4d2 on the lowest of low settings.

My new laptop with an i5 2.2 and a 5470 just about plays l4d2 on vlow settings. open world if badly optomised will suck for all the single and dual core owners and the quads lol... Just think Arma 2 and gta 4 poor poor openworld games.

GeneralHERO
08-31-2011, 10:52 AM
yeah... Im thinking that site might be judging from a much different standard (wether using the "real" reqs or saying in regards to say.... running in 2560x1600 w/ everything maxed)
I can run DEHR just fine maxed out (a bit of stutters here and there during the convos but other than that smooth gameplay to me)... I guess playing Diablo 1 and StarCraft 1 on a 486/66 MHz and World of Warcraft on a 466 MHz back in the day (aka under reqs gaming... fairly low FPS/gameplay... WoW was doing 20 FPS on a good day and less than 5 in a busy city)