PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order in UK now available

Lemonspy
08-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Yep thats about it you can now pre-order skyrim if you live in the UK from steam.

Centy
08-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Yep thats about it you can now pre-order skyrim if you live in the UK from steam.

Yeah 35 quid I left the room laughing.

zimboy69
08-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah 35 quid I left the room laughing.

nice price i think ill wait 3-4 weeks after release and buy it for 15

Fish-E
08-29-2011, 03:02 PM
It's steamworks, so just buy it retail, the cheapest I can find it is here (http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/66338-elder-scrolls-v--skyrim--for-pc), although check out SavyGamer (http://savygamer.co.uk/), because it'll probably be available cheaper the sooner it gets to release. (Thank you Lewie! 21.59 for it @ bee, ~15 cheaper than @ steam).

Laddo
08-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Do we also get a TF2 item as a pre-order bounus? I think that it's only fair that we do. An axe or something for scout would be nice.

GI_Biochip
08-29-2011, 03:17 PM
I see that's full price. I'd be looking making of videos and artbooks for that sort of money!

Tea2theBag
08-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Well to be fair games are getting better. Their previous games have been the regular 29.99 I think they deserve to up the price for this type of game as it's clearly taken more effort to develop.

What really fu*ks me off is Call of Duty. They have charged 40 for the same game, graphics, engine, play style. It's even worse that people still buy it. So I can't really blame the company, they are just taking advantage of all the downers.

So really Skyrim being this price is saying "Yeah, we have worked hard, this game will be different, it will be good, you will have many hours and many play troughs of this game, but we are not going to be c**ts"

But hey, it's steamworks so I guess it doesn't matter where you buy it. Personally I got pre-d from Amazon, I would have preferred to buy it from steam but seeing as they had all this sh*t with game I played it safe for this one.

MizuhoChan
08-29-2011, 05:55 PM
35 lol. Maybe if it was ONLY available on steam, but they should realise that it's being discounted everywhere. I'll just wait, if I have to, since I have no job right now.

Nerv322
08-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Well to be fair games are getting better. Their previous games have been the regular 29.99 I think they deserve to up the price for this type of game as it's clearly taken more effort to develop.

How do you know it took more effort?

I bet you it took the same as Oblivion and Morrowind.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/697303/elder-scrolls-ii-daggerfalls-map-is-massive-hows-it-compare-to-oblivion/

Just look at the map size of the first four games.

Daggerfall was massive, Morrowind was smaller and Oblivion got even smaller. No surprise that Skyrim will be even smaller than Oblivion.

Everytime they up the graphics the downsize the world, so development time works out the same. They put no extra amount of work in, that much you can be certain.

They just think people are gullible enough to fall for it and pay.

These people are always looking for ways to trick you out of more money and to cut corners wherever possible.

Infact game companies development cycles are handbooks in how to cut corners.

Like how many voice actors can we get away with using, 4??? (pretty sure that's how many Oblivion had)
How many models can we reuse?
Can we get away with all the dungeons looking the same?
What's the bare minimum number of weapons and armour we need in so people don't complain?

So on and so forth.

The main aim is to reduce costs and develpment time and sell it for the most money. That is the fundamental ethos of every game developer/publisher you should keep that in mind.
Don't let them convince you they broke their back to create the game because they didn't.

Films cost no where near the amount that games cost. They make a ♥♥♥♥ ton of money or they wouldn't be making games.

THEY ARE JUST BEING GREEDY

Wake up they care about your money, not about you.

Elenoe
08-29-2011, 08:25 PM
How do you know it took more effort?

I bet you it took the same as Oblivion and Morrowind.
I would not. That guy you see always when Skyrim gameplay demo is shown stated they hired much more people for Skyrim and that there is more workers on than any game before.

Just look at the map size of the first four games.

Daggerfall was massive, Morrowind was smaller and Oblivion got even smaller. No surprise that Skyrim will be even smaller than Oblivion.
we shall see. Daggerfall was autogenerated, so it's big. It wasn't good idea after all so Morrowind is hand created. Oblivion is console game, not much resources there. Skyrim will be the SAME console game. No need to shrink map. It will be the same as Oblivion/Fallout 3/Fallout NV. Since all of them uses same hardware in base.

These people are always looking for ways to trick you out of more money and to cut corners wherever possible.you speaking about customers, ordinary people and such, right? :)

Like how many voice actors can we get away with using, 4??? (pretty sure that's how many Oblivion had)
How many models can we reuse?
in Oblivion there was used 13 voice actors. 4 unique, Patrik Steward included, others for "races". One actor usually speaks for all anonymous NPCs of 1-3races same gender plus some daedra/count.

Can we get away with all the dungeons looking the same?no :) that's why Daggerfall (and Diablo 1) actually didn't work and concept was left behind in sequences.

What's the bare minimum number of weapons and armour we need in so people don't complain?I can assure you, making more swords/shields/bows/armor/hats is the least work, so no problem here.

Making 4-boobs Khajiit with weapon on tail is :) But not much people would notice, so it's not worth.

The main aim is to reduce costs and develpment time and sell it for the most money. That is the fundamental ethos of every game developer/publisher you should keep that in mind.
That is fundamental ethos (don't know what that means :) ) of any company in any sektor in any country. Groups of people who don't follow that are called charities.

Films cost no where near the amount that games cost. They make a ... ton of money or they wouldn't be making games.
and again, wrong! Film and games costs are similar today. After many years of game were much cheaper to develop with much less revenue, but today console games have movie budget and they target similar population.

I'm not sure about movies, but developing games is extremely risky. Not as biotech, but still. Only about 1/3 of games actually pays the development. Console market is full by now, no place for more expand btw. MMO's are next to be saturated in few years. Social mobile developing is my bet for next potencial investment.

THEY ARE JUST BEING GREEDY
THEY ARE JUST UMANS

Wake up they care about your money, not about you
actually, they need to care about me to get my money. Taking into account how easy I get that money I don't see reason to get them away with same easy. 50€ even for half of Oblivion but with Dragons... just worth. I know. They know. Everybody happy.

Nerv322
08-30-2011, 04:31 AM
I would not. That guy you see always when Skyrim gameplay demo is shown stated they hired much more people for Skyrim and that there is more workers on than any game before.

That guy is Bethesda's PR guy IE Bethesda's BullSh[tter. "We want to charge more for this game, go tell them we spent more on it and they will believe us, no questions asked with no need to show proof"

we shall see. Daggerfall was autogenerated, so it's big. It wasn't good idea after all so Morrowind is hand created. Oblivion is console game, not much resources there. Skyrim will be the SAME console game. No need to shrink map. It will be the same as Oblivion/Fallout 3/Fallout NV. Since all of them uses same hardware in base.

Parts were auto Generated, not all. These days you get the equivalent of handcrafted dungeons that all look alike. They may as well be auto generated, maybe they were and they're just lying again.

you speaking about customers, ordinary people and such, right? :)

Anybody who falls for any trick to get shafted for more money. Like people who buy games they will never play just for TF2 hats for example.

in Oblivion there was used 13 voice actors. 4 unique, Patrik Steward included, others for "races". One actor usually speaks for all anonymous NPCs of 1-3races same gender plus some daedra/count.

Yeah but the bulk of the game had the same 2 males and one female through 90% of the game. Patrick Stewart had hardly any lines in the game at all. He had like what maybe 2 A4 pieces of paper (thats pushing it) of dialogue???? They could of hired 2 or 3 more voice actors for the rest of the game for what they must of paid patrick stewart.

no :) that's why Daggerfall (and Diablo 1) actually didn't work and concept was left behind in sequences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_FmADVggCk

"....A powerful boss monster awaits the player at the end of each act. Item drops, monster attributes, and most dungeon layouts are randomly-generated by Diablo II."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_II

Also games like Torchlight also use auto generated maps including the yet to be released sequel...... That's right SEQUEL not SEQUENCES

"While designing Oblivion's landscape and architecture, developers worked from personal travel photographs, nature books, texture images, and reference photographs.[9] Procedural content generation tools used in production allowed for the creation of realistic environments at much faster rates than was the case with Morrowind.[26] Erosion algorithms incorporated in the landscape generation tools allowed for the creation of craggy terrain quickly and easily, replacing Morrowind's artificially smoothed-over terrain.[26] In accordance with a shift of graphical focus from water to flora, the Bethesda development team enlisted a number of technologies to aid in the production of large and diverse forests. One such was Interactive Data Visualization, Inc.'s SpeedTree package, which allowed a single programmer to generate a complete and detailed tree model in a matter of minutes through the adjustment of preset values. Designers used bloom effects to give the game an ethereal look—a design element that was used in a number of games from the same period, including The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (originally released November 19, 2006).[27]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion

So because of new tools it was infact easier to create the world in Oblivion than Morrowind which was hand crafted, plus the game looks way better.

Did you get that???? Better Graphics and easier to make with the use of tools.

I bet even better tools are available to developers now with more to be created in the future, to help them make content faster.

Are you gonna pay 40 for morrowind because it was harder to make than Oblivion????? of course not because you'll say it looks like ♥♥♥♥.
Funny that you would pay 40 for game that didn't take as much effort but looks better and believe their bull ♥♥♥♥ that it was harder to make.

I can assure you, making more swords/shields/bows/armor/hats is the least work, so no problem here.

Sure, but I bet they want an extra 5 to add them in later.

That is fundamental ethos (don't know what that means :) ) of any company in any sektor in any country. Groups of people who don't follow that are called charities.

Just Because everybody does it doesn't mean that it is right, or the best way to make art and entertainment.

and again, wrong! Film and games costs are similar today. After many years of game were much cheaper to develop with much less revenue, but today console games have movie budget and they target similar population.

So a film ticket costs about 6 and if I want it on DvD a few months later I could get it for about a 10. I could pay around 16 to 20 for single film. Games cost 30 or more so it costs twice as much. I hear a commercial film budget of 20 million is quite a low budget for a triple A Action movie.

"The term "low budget" is relative to a certain country and varies upon genre. For example, a comedy film made for $20 million would be considered a modest budget, whereas an action film made for the same amount of money would be considered low budget."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-budget_film

So just think about that, how many games cost $20 million to make? They sell the game for twice as much as a film. With a world wide Audience that will be paying for the game, many have already pre ordered which doesn't really happen with movies(anymore). The majority are already paying 40 to 50 dependent on the system they play on, plus all of the money they will make with DLC that cost no where near the money they ask for it. You get about a tenth of the base game for a third of it's price which will just reuse assets from the game you already paid for.

I'm not sure about movies, but developing games is extremely risky. Not as biotech, but still. Only about 1/3 of games actually pays the development. Console market is full by now, no place for more expand btw. MMO's are next to be saturated in few years. Social mobile developing is my bet for next potencial investment.

Because Greedy people with Greedy morals have to keep expanding because they don't know when enough is enough. Until the system destroys it's self and the people will be made to pay for any economic crisis caused by greedy people in it's aftermath.

THEY ARE JUST UMANS

Yes greedy ones.
Greed isn't human nature, because people can be kind and generous too.
It's just part of your brainwashing exposiing itself

actually, they need to care about me to get my money. Taking into account how easy I get that money I don't see reason to get them away with same easy. 50€ even for half of Oblivion but with Dragons... just worth. I know. They know. Everybody happy.

LOL....

jlgregory
08-30-2011, 04:55 AM
My brother gifted it to me, but I feel bad as its Steamworks, should have told him :( Mustn't grumble. :D

Goat_Pheromones
08-30-2011, 06:05 AM
Well to be fair games are getting better.

Lol.

OT: Gutted to see the price but ill just buy it somewhere else instead.

Fish-E
08-30-2011, 06:37 AM
My brother gifted it to me, but I feel bad as its Steamworks, should have told him :( Mustn't grumble. :D

The game isn't out yet, if your brother contacts steam support he should be able to get a refund.

Micknator
08-30-2011, 06:57 AM
About the map size, according to Bethesda, the map should be around the same size as Oblivion and about 5x larger than Fallout 3, though Skyrim will be much more filled with dungeons and other stuff.

Also, being a console game has nothing to do with it. Just look at Just Cause 2. Though it being a little less filled with interaction, it is filled with random stuff to either kill, destroy or blow up. The draw distance is also insane.

seseorang
08-30-2011, 07:17 AM
No incentive to buy from Steam. If it's Steamworks, then I will look at retail =)

Time to go price hunting - lowest wins!!

radioactivewiz
08-30-2011, 07:40 AM
I would have bought this from Amazon/retail if not for two things.
The first is that there are no retail shops for 300 miles from where I live and even then, shops such as game and gamestation are the cause of the pre-order being so late for us in the UK. Hell, they tried to force bethesda to not allow any games on steam.
The second reason I won't buy a physical copy is that I need to play this game on 11/11/11. I would be gutted if I didn't. Because I live so far from anything, however, it could take as long as 10 days for that to arrive :(

But if I lived elsewhere I would be sympathetic to those who just buy it elsewhere.

On a slightly unrelated note to my personal feelings, people need to learn money.
Yes, it's a shame it costs 35 on release. Boohoo. Oh wait...Inflation! What's that you say? It's the thing that means 30 in 2000 is worth 40 nowadays.
Fun tool here; http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1633409/Historic-inflation-calculator.html
It's a rough calculation but this site is fairly good. If you look at it from here, we've been getting rather good deals in the past few years. To say that a game released nowadays is worth as much as one from x years ago means we have to pay for inflation. There are no two ways about it. Money becomes worth less as time goes on.
I doubt this will stop people from whining; hell, I'd probably whine if I lived somewhere with alternatives or if there was an alternative download site that had skyrim for cheaper.

macdory
08-30-2011, 09:33 AM
35 LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously?

I'm glad I have it pre-ordered from Bee.com for just over 18 !!! How on earth can there be a 17 difference between online purchase and ratail?

macdory
08-30-2011, 09:37 AM
The main problem I see is that they are now asking for console prices for PC games. This is obviously a high margin sale, yet PC owners are unable to part exchange the game unlike console owners.

So in effect a console owner paying 35 for the game can quite reasonably expect to get 25 for it when traded in, resulting in a net cost of 10. The PC owner on the other hand pays 35 and that's it.

I can understand the arguments of people arguing that it is good value for money, etc - and I am hopeful that this game will be, but there are a lot of games with ~5 hours gameplay which are nowhere near "good value" in my opinion.

Bottom line - if you are happy to pay 35 then pay it, if you are not then just buy it from retail ... simples!

35 is taking the mick though ... in my opinion!!!

Nerv322
08-30-2011, 10:00 AM
I would have bought this from Amazon/retail if not for two things.
The first is that there are no retail shops for 300 miles from where I live and even then, shops such as game and gamestation are the cause of the pre-order being so late for us in the UK. Hell, they tried to force bethesda to not allow any games on steam.
The second reason I won't buy a physical copy is that I need to play this game on 11/11/11. I would be gutted if I didn't. Because I live so far from anything, however, it could take as long as 10 days for that to arrive :(

But if I lived elsewhere I would be sympathetic to those who just buy it elsewhere.

On a slightly unrelated note to my personal feelings, people need to learn money.
Yes, it's a shame it costs 35 on release. Boohoo. Oh wait...Inflation! What's that you say? It's the thing that means 30 in 2000 is worth 40 nowadays.
Fun tool here; http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1633409/Historic-inflation-calculator.html
It's a rough calculation but this site is fairly good. If you look at it from here, we've been getting rather good deals in the past few years. To say that a game released nowadays is worth as much as one from x years ago means we have to pay for inflation. There are no two ways about it. Money becomes worth less as time goes on.
I doubt this will stop people from whining; hell, I'd probably whine if I lived somewhere with alternatives or if there was an alternative download site that had skyrim for cheaper.

Oh please.

Inflation is just a symptom of a greater problem.

Money no longer represents anything. It has no consistent value anymore. Inflation occurs when there is too much of something in circulation so it's worth is lowered. This is because banks print money all of the time, 24/7 printing money because of fractional reserve lending (creating money out of thin air) and all round corrupt banking system we allow to exist.

So don't be a naive, ignorant and simple minded person using Inflation as a justification for a blatent price increase on a game that only the greedy companies are enforcing.

Lets not forget Horse Armour

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/04/03/download-oblivions-horse-armor-for-a-price/

Bethesda have always been greedy, Horse armour didn't work so they got ridiculed. But don't worry they'll just try a different tactic or the same one but later when people have become more dumbed down.

35 LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously?

I'm glad I have it pre-ordered from Bee.com for just over 18 !!! How on earth can there be a 17 difference between online purchase and ratail?

Don't know how because it's 26 on my screen and the RRP is 39.99 so the price is the same as steam in that regard. I checked Bee, Amazon and play, all rocking around 27.

macdory
08-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Don't know how because it's 26 on my screen and the RRP is 39.99 so the price is the same as steam in that regard. I checked Bee, Amazon and play, all rocking around 27.

When this offer was on http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/20-off-e3-pre-orders-bee/952020 there was also an offer where you got a further discount for preordering 3 or more games.

radioactivewiz
08-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Oh please.

Inflation is just a symptom of a greater problem.

Money no longer represents anything. It has no consistent value anymore. Inflation occurs when there is too much of something in circulation so it's worth is lowered. This is because banks print money all of the time, 24/7 printing money because of fractional reserve lending (creating money out of thin air) and all round corrupt banking system we allow to exist.

So don't be a naive, ignorant and simple minded person using Inflation as a justification for a blatent price increase on a game that only the greedy companies are enforcing.

Lets not forget Horse Armour

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/04/03/download-oblivions-horse-armor-for-a-price/

Bethesda have always been greedy, Horse armour didn't work so they got ridiculed. But don't worry they'll just try a different tactic or the same one but later when people have become more dumbed down.

Please note the part that says "On a slightly unrelated note to my personal feelings," before you go ahead and insult me.
Of course I bloody well know that inflation is a measure of the purchasing power of money, which goes down due to printing money etc.
The fact is this; you can't stop it. Nobody can. Banks exist. Money will always be worth less now than it was. Live with it. K? k.

Mad
08-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Clearly some people have had too much Ribena this morning or perhaps they simply crave attention due to not having had their bitty today. Anyhoo, it's around 27 most places in UK + it's Steamworks too so same benefits(!) and a saving of almost 34% if you buy retail. It's a no-brainer.

Solona
08-30-2011, 01:13 PM
BOUGHT. LAUGHING WITH MY BONUS THIS MONTH. SILLY POOR PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT 35

HO-HO-HO

Mad
08-30-2011, 01:15 PM
BOUGHT. LAUGHING WITH MY BONUS THIS MONTH. SILLY POOR PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT 35

HO-HO-HO

You deserve another bonus for your use of caps.

Nerv322
08-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Please note the part that says "On a slightly unrelated note to my personal feelings," before you go ahead and insult me.
Of course I bloody well know that inflation is a measure of the purchasing power of money, which goes down due to printing money etc.
The fact is this; you can't stop it. Nobody can. Banks exist. Money will always be worth less now than it was. Live with it. K? k.

Your a fool, I'm sure you'll find it amusing when your grand children are being forced to pay 50 for loaf of bread. They turn around to you and say "if only people like you were not so ignorant and actually did something to defend our human rights this wouldn't be happening" and you reply "The fact is this; you can't stop it. Nobody can. Banks exist. Money will always be worth less now than it was. Live with it. K? K"

It is people like you that make the world a terrible place. Your ignorance and apathy, your idiocy to jump in and defend your own slavery, It's the downfall of man.

How long do you think this way of life can last????

What are we working towards????

Why haven't we created the perfect society or show any progress toward one????

Why does our society breed the dumbest ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥s on the planet??????

Solona
08-30-2011, 03:05 PM
You deserve another bonus for your use of caps.

i think he mad

dannythefool
08-31-2011, 01:26 AM
Your a fool, I'm sure you'll find it amusing when your grand children are being forced to pay 50 for loaf of bread.

It'll be something like that. My grandparents paid, if you go by the numbers alone, EUR 0.20 for a loaf of bread. I'd pay ten times as much today. But I also earn much more money than my grandparents did - a lot more than just ten times as much. Consequently, I can not only have bread, but also pretty much everything else I want, including all that really complex technology my grandparents couldn't even imagine. My hypothetical grandchildren might turn around to me and ask me how it was in the old times without neural implants but they wouldn't compare the price tag on a loaf of bread: They'll have learned about inflation in school.

Statistically it breaks every few decades.

Baby steps? It's not perfect, but it's working fairly well. Being poor in a developed country today means that you don't get to choose the apartment you live in, that you don't get premium paid television, that you don't get to eat meat every day, and that you may have to share a room in a hospital with one or two other patients. It also seems to mean that you get to complain about first world problems on the internet, instead of spending all your waking hours trying to find something to eat. That's a fairly big improvement over what it meant when my grandparents were my age.

Nerv322
08-31-2011, 07:11 AM
It'll be something like that. My grandparents paid, if you go by the numbers alone, EUR 0.20 for a loaf of bread. I'd pay ten times as much today. But I also earn much more money than my grandparents did - a lot more than just ten times as much. Consequently, I can not only have bread, but also pretty much everything else I want, including all that really complex technology my grandparents couldn't even imagine. My hypothetical grandchildren might turn around to me and ask me how it was in the old times without neural implants but they wouldn't compare the price tag on a loaf of bread: They'll have learned about inflation in school.

yes you learnt it at school it must be true. I did History and Geography at school, if knew then what I knew now I would of turned around to the teachers and said "Why are you lying to us".
Inflation only widens the gap between rich and poor. If your earning enough money in your job that inflation is not an issue for you then lucky you. If your poor and earn next to no money then inflation will only make you poorer.

Statistically it breaks every few decades.

Statistically you don't even know what your talking about most of the time.

Baby steps? It's not perfect, but it's working fairly well. Being poor in a developed country today means that you don't get to choose the apartment you live in, that you don't get premium paid television, that you don't get to eat meat every day, and that you may have to share a room in a hospital with one or two other patients. It also seems to mean that you get to complain about first world problems on the internet, instead of spending all your waking hours trying to find something to eat. That's a fairly big improvement over what it meant when my grandparents were my age.

Just shut your stupid mouth up, the system only placates the poor so they don't burn the ♥♥♥♥ing city down. There are so many poor and unemployed that if they were abandoned the city would run red with the blood of politicians and corporate scum. It's to keep the poor at bay not because they give a ♥♥♥♥. It's just an illusion so corporate drones like yourself have evidence that our way isn't so bad so you should just shut the ♥♥♥♥ up and accept your slavery.

Edit: Sorry for calling you stupid. It's just comments like that make me angry.

radioactivewiz
08-31-2011, 09:15 AM
Your a fool, I'm sure you'll find it amusing when your grand children are being forced to pay 50 for loaf of bread. They turn around to you and say "if only people like you were not so ignorant and actually did something to defend our human rights this wouldn't be happening" and you reply "The fact is this; you can't stop it. Nobody can. Banks exist. Money will always be worth less now than it was. Live with it. K? K"

It is people like you that make the world a terrible place. Your ignorance and apathy, your idiocy to jump in and defend your own slavery, It's the downfall of man.

What are we working towards????

Why does our society breed the dumbest ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥s on the planet??????

As the other person said, I don't think they'll mind since the average wage will probably have gone up as well.
And if they can't afford it then tough ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ for them. If they starve then they ♥♥♥♥ed up their lives royally. It's rather difficult for someone in a country with subsidised welfare to bugger up that much. Especially since I plan to have a large deal of money for said grandchildren.
In any case, we were talking about games. Not political viewpoints or suchlike so I won't go further off-topic.
You need to get your head out of your ♥♥♥♥ and stop going on such a rant. Inflation isn't this magical concept made by the upper class to keep the lower class down, it's something that means money is worth less. It happens. It affects everyone. Even the rich. In theory it shouldn't cause any difference whatsoever except a perceived difference.
But I am bored of arguing with an idiot on the internet who thinks his opinion (That's all your arguments amount to. You state that our knowledge is worthless without citing your own sources making yours just as bad(And you throw insults around so shoddily that I wonder at your mental age)) is worth any more than recorded and factual evidence.

flameifrit
08-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Knew it was comeing,knew I wanted it,saved up, bought it :)

Nerv322
08-31-2011, 11:07 AM
As the other person said, I don't think they'll mind since the average wage will probably have gone up as well.
And if they can't afford it then tough ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ for them. If they starve then they ♥♥♥♥ed up their lives royally. It's rather difficult for someone in a country with subsidised welfare to bugger up that much. Especially since I plan to have a large deal of money for said grandchildren.

I guarantee you that the wage doesn't go up enough in relation to inflation for the average person. You lose out everytime, you basically saying that things stay the same. Money becomes worthless so they give you more money, this is simply not true. It works out that you lose money in that process and people will be blind to how it affects them because it doesn't, at least perceivably in any way that matters. It's desgined to make people poor overtime so you won't see how bad the affect is for maybe another 50 years. By which time you will be dead or going crazy in a nursing home when the truth hits you the younger generation will do what your doing to me. Because the human race cannot perceive how things affect the masses generationally overtime. So we have pre programmed phrases to address this like "your just too old" "Of course things were better in your day, you was young" etc etc.

You display the most obvious brainwashed ideology that I have known and that is "if your Poor it's your fault".

Wrong

There are not enough good jobs or even jobs for that matter for everyone which means some people are gonna get the RAW deal whether deserved or not. The world is unfair and unbalanced in favour of the rich and fortunate whether deserved ot not (usually not).
What is it 10% of the population own 90% of all the wealth???
Not exactly fair is it???
Where is the compassion for your fellow man?????
Then people have the nerve to complain about criminals who only exist because some people have and others have not. You could have all your wealth stripped from you with no means to get food and you'd be robbing people at knife point before the week is over.
Police are just there to stop poor people robbing from the rich and destroying private propety. They brainwashed you all your life that police are heroes and crimnals are the bad guys. Got you little kids playing cops and robbers and army men, lol. Nowadays kids playing harry potter in th playground shouting "Stupify" calling each other stupid as they worship satanic ideals and the parents just let them because they are blind.
I'm not religious but
"Please lord forgive them for they know not what they do" is very fitting in this day and age.

radioactivewiz
08-31-2011, 03:13 PM
I guarantee you that the wage doesn't go up enough in relation to inflation for the average person. You lose out everytime, you basically saying that things stay the same. Money becomes worthless so they give you more money, this is simply not true. It works out that you lose money in that process and people will be blind to how it affects them because it doesn't, at least perceivably in any way that matters. It's desgined to make people poor overtime so you won't see how bad the affect is for maybe another 50 years. By which time you will be dead or going crazy in a nursing home when the truth hits you the younger generation will do what your doing to me. Because the human race cannot perceive how things affect the masses generationally overtime. So we have pre programmed phrases to address this like "your just too old" "Of course things were better in your day, you was young" etc etc.

You display the most obvious brainwashed ideology that I have known and that is "if your Poor it's your fault".

Wrong

There are not enough good jobs or even jobs for that matter for everyone which means some people are gonna get the RAW deal whether deserved or not. The world is unfair and unbalanced in favour of the rich and fortunate whether deserved ot not (usually not).
What is it 10% of the population own 90% of all the wealth???
Not exactly fair is it???
Where is the compassion for your fellow man?????
Then people have the nerve to complain about criminals who only exist because some people have and others have not. You could have all your wealth stripped from you with no means to get food and you'd be robbing people at knife point before the week is over.
Police are just there to stop poor people robbing from the rich and destroying private propety. They brainwashed you all your life that police are heroes and crimnals are the bad guys. Got you little kids playing cops and robbers and army men, lol. Nowadays kids playing harry potter in th playground shouting "Stupify" calling each other stupid as they worship satanic ideals and the parents just let them because they are blind.
I'm not religious but
"Please lord forgive them for they know not what they do" is very fitting in this day and age.

Just couldn't resist pointing this out since it seems so hard for you to understand but Ok.
Point one; I am from an upper class background. I never said that the poor don't lose out and that they have to try harder than those who already have but if my grandchildren lose all my money, my grandparents money and so on then yes, they deserve to be poor.
Point two; You quote religion but talk about brainwashing? Lol.
Point three; I think it's 1% of the population in the US have 90% of all the money. Rather horrible stat like that.
That being said, I'm not from the US. Where I am from is a free land of freedom, unlike the US, and we have socialism and is good system because commoonism.
Point four; "Where is your compassion for your fellow man?" It died when I stopped being a child. Much easier that way.
Point five; You reallytalk about me being brainwashed when you are religious? :p I'm sorry, I just find that highly amusing. Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.
I've never heard a kid say stupify. Mostly kids just seem to scream and shout and run around when they are kids.
On a side note, if it was so terribly bad 50 years ago how is it that starvation nowadays (In my country(All of this is in my country)) is next to non-existant, almost everyone has at least one car, everyone has a PC, most people have a house that is rather comfortable, people are living longer, holidays are common for everyone etc? Did people have all these luxuries 50 years ago? 20 years ago?
For the most part, they did not. How it is that you know the world was much better 50+ years ago when everyone who lived then was brainwashed and all history books lie is beyond me.

Nerv322
08-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Just couldn't resist pointing this out since it seems so hard for you to understand but Ok.
Point one; I am from an upper class background. I never said that the poor don't lose out and that they have to try harder than those who already have but if my grandchildren lose all my money, my grandparents money and so on then yes, they deserve to be poor.
Point two; You quote religion but talk about brainwashing? Lol.
Point three; I think it's 1% of the population in the US have 90% of all the money. Rather horrible stat like that.
That being said, I'm not from the US. Where I am from is a free land of freedom, unlike the US, and we have socialism and is good system because commoonism.
Point four; "Where is your compassion for your fellow man?" It died when I stopped being a child. Much easier that way.
Point five; You reallytalk about me being brainwashed when you are religious? :p I'm sorry, I just find that highly amusing. Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.
I've never heard a kid say stupify. Mostly kids just seem to scream and shout and run around when they are kids.
On a side note, if it was so terribly bad 50 years ago how is it that starvation nowadays (In my country(All of this is in my country)) is next to non-existant, almost everyone has at least one car, everyone has a PC, most people have a house that is rather comfortable, people are living longer, holidays are common for everyone etc? Did people have all these luxuries 50 years ago? 20 years ago?
For the most part, they did not. How it is that you know the world was much better 50+ years ago when everyone who lived then was brainwashed and all history books lie is beyond me.

I'm not religious, I just use what ever information I regard as having some truth to it. Just because it is from a religion doesn't mean there is no truth in it. All relgions were based on the same truths to begin with but deviated for the soul purpose to divide people. You can't make people believe in something if there was no truth to it. What we see as Christianity today wasn't christianity when/if christ was around. It was perverted by the roman empire/church.

I'm a deep thinker I perceive things in this world your tiny brain could never comprehend. I don't care what one little rich boy/girl wants to say to me. You don't know what it's like to be poor, your just a selfish person who wants to defend his right to be rich even if that life style is to the detriment to the world.
As long as your life is OK ♥♥♥♥ everyone else, right?

I was just making a point with Harry Potter stuff, if you can't see that or the point I'm making it's not my fault your brain deficient.

I don't need to argue with a ignorant fool such as your self anymore.

Bye
good luck to you.
may you never know what it is like to be poor where you could gain some perspective of the world.
remain forever ignorant.

radioactivewiz
09-01-2011, 02:30 AM
I'm not religious, I just use what ever information I regard as having some truth to it. Just because it is from a religion doesn't mean there is no truth in it. All relgions were based on the same truths to begin with but deviated for the soul purpose to divide people. You can't make people believe in something if there was no truth to it. What we see as Christianity today wasn't christianity when/if christ was around. It was perverted by the roman empire/church.

I'm a deep thinker I perceive things in this world your tiny brain could never comprehend. I don't care what one little rich boy/girl wants to say to me. You don't know what it's like to be poor, your just a selfish person who wants to defend his right to be rich even if that life style is to the detriment to the world.
As long as your life is OK ♥♥♥♥ everyone else, right?

I was just making a point with Harry Potter stuff, if you can't see that or the point I'm making it's not my fault your brain deficient.

I don't need to argue with a ignorant fool such as your self anymore.

Bye
good luck to you.
may you never know what it is like to be poor where you could gain some perspective of the world.
remain forever ignorant.

Lol you lose.
As a side note; deep thinker does not mean intelligent. This is amazingly clear in you. Of course people believe stuff with no truth to it. People are stupid that way. Also, I really hope English is not your native Tongue...

Nerv322
09-01-2011, 06:06 AM
Lol you lose.
As a side note; deep thinker does not mean intelligent. This is amazingly clear in you. Of course people believe stuff with no truth to it. People are stupid that way. Also, I really hope English is not your native Tongue...

Well it means I think and I think deeply about things. I'm sure you just regurgitate everything the TV, your parents and teachers told you with out any thought on the matter. Knowing something that somebody told you isn't intelligent, memorising information isn't intelligence either it's completely robotic. To follow orders and go through life never questioning anythng and repeating the same routines over and over until you expire is the life of a robot.

Looking at all the available information and discerning some truth from it based on logic, your own intuition and the provable facts (as provable as it can get without doubting the very fabric of reality) is smart as I come up with it on my own I can justify it with proof. When your entire existence and perception was given to you by corporate mass media and never thought to question its validity.

Don't talk to me about intelligence when you know nothing of perception or understand a single thing I say.

I stand to see the world get better for all people, peace amongst all etc.
What do you represent??? Corporate greed??? the cancer that bleeds the world of life through economic enslavement.
Where is your inteligence??? Why do you fight me??? a person who has good intentions to help mankind regardless at how pretentious that may sound to you.
Why would you bring so much hate and argument to a good person???
What opinion do you hold that you didn't get from the TV or 3rd hand from someone else who got it from the TV???
I'm not your enemy, you shouldn't even argue with me, you not on my level of understanding, this is just the tip of the iceberg for me. My thoughts go alot deeper than anything I ever posted on a internet forum.

Just Stop, the debate it is over nobody lost this isn't a competition about winning you egotistical fool.

So don't post any reply that is gonna lololol at me, say I lose or smily faces aimed to get a rise out of me. You just expose your self for the stupid ignorant forum troll that you are.

Elenoe
09-01-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm a deep thinker I perceive things in this world your tiny brain could never comprehend. I don't care what one little rich boy/girl wants to say to me.

Well it means I think and I think deeply about things.

Don't talk to me about intelligence when you know nothing of perception or understand a single thing I say. I stand to see the world get better for all people, peace amongst all etc.

Anybody with at least in the beginning of journey for Truth, could rest the case now. By those sentences you actually proved yourself to be very low in wisdom. I really want to believe you are 17-21 and there is actually still hope.

You have so much flawed idea of what life and living thigs are, how they interacts, what money represents and what word "economic" stands for... you cannot discover meaning behind those words if you believe you already know it. That is Truth.

Denying your heritage, thinking you are better then others, you don't listen to somebody, especially when he is telling you things you could really learn from, using presumptions without prove (about how all others are manipulated but you, YOU ALONE could think just for yourself)... it's very very wrong.

You seems have no idea who YOU are. YOU ARE ONE OF US. Nothing more and nothing less. Before fully understanding that you cannot truly get any Truth. If you care about some, you deny yourself as being better then others.

You can be poor by mind. You can be poor by body. You cannot be poor by money. If you have mind and body, low wealth is your choice. Even if it could be very very deep one. In NA or EU it is even much more easier. There is no way you could be poor in wealth here actually. The worst case could happen is you need to choose what luxury you get.

How did you even get to this topic from "Preorder is avaible in UK"?

Thaifun
09-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Wow guys, could you please use the PM system if you want to discuss something thats OT

alsoran
09-01-2011, 12:12 PM
I never buy new. New usually has faults and glitches. Wait until the patches start to roll out and its been properly reviewed by the first gamers to buy the product, I prefer to let others do the path finding. Hopefully when/if I do get it I'll have a stable and slightly cheaper game.

Anyone else dissapointed by the screenshots on steam? I was hoping for a new vid.:(

Nerv322
09-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Anybody with at least in the beginning of journey for Truth, could rest the case now. By those sentences you actually proved yourself to be very low in wisdom. I really want to believe you are 17-21 and there is actually still hope.

You have so much flawed idea of what life and living thigs are, how they interacts, what money represents and what word "economic" stands for... you cannot discover meaning behind those words if you believe you already know it. That is Truth.

Denying your heritage, thinking you are better then others, you don't listen to somebody, especially when he is telling you things you could really learn from, using presumptions without prove (about how all others are manipulated but you, YOU ALONE could think just for yourself)... it's very very wrong.

You seems have no idea who YOU are. YOU ARE ONE OF US. Nothing more and nothing less. Before fully understanding that you cannot truly get any Truth. If you care about some, you deny yourself as being better then others.

You can be poor by mind. You can be poor by body. You cannot be poor by money. If you have mind and body, low wealth is your choice. Even if it could be very very deep one. In NA or EU it is even much more easier. There is no way you could be poor in wealth here actually. The worst case could happen is you need to choose what luxury you get.

How did you even get to this topic from "Preorder is avaible in UK"?

Funny how you people always jump in to bash on me but not the troll who is winding me up with bull that I have herd a million times from people before.

well I certainly have more wisdom than you. I was just stating my opinion which turned into a argument and I tend to get very argumentative. I'm not perfect and I never claimed to be better than everyone, but what excuse do you have for saying what you have said????

"I shall jump in the middle of a debate and argue with the man who's opinion of the world is direct conflict with my own. I have no real proof that this man is false in what he says (because that is impossible) instead I'll just regurgitate the opinion that my parents, school system and tv taught me of which I have know way of really knowing if it's true without first hand knowledge. Instead I just remain adamant that it is true because I have unyielding faith in the system that it must be true. Instead of using my divine wisdom and telling Nerv322 and Radioactivewizz that they're both as bad as each other. I will instead be one sided, biased and jump to radioactivewiz's defense because I don't like Nerv322's opinion and futher agitate the situation."

Go you

I never buy new. New usually has faults and glitches. Wait until the patches start to roll out and its been properly reviewed by the first gamers to buy the product, I prefer to let others do the path finding. Hopefully when/if I do get it I'll have a stable and slightly cheaper game.

Anyone else dissapointed by the screenshots on steam? I was hoping for a new vid.:(

I'm certanly coming around to that state of thinking my self.
There seems to be little reward for first time buyers. We just end up with a buggy mess, we could of waited a few months after some patch work and got it for half the price.
Bethesda doesn't have a good track record with bugs and patches either.

I wish I waited when buying Fallout: New Vegas I could of got it for 7.50 and all the DLC for the same price. Instead I just got the DLC, I never completed new vegas either because of the bugs and rubbish launch day peformance. I just got robbbed by Bethesda and Obsidian instead of getting a game that worked correctly.

Single player games should have next to no bugs in them on launch or it just ruins the experience for the die hard fans that bought it day one/zero. Who's going to play a game with bugs complete it or most of it then play through again with the bugs fixed???? Or you wait for the fix but then the fix comes with 50% off sale????? First time buyers do tend to get screwed alot but I'm sure that Team Fortress 2 hat was worth it.