PDA

View Full Version : Major problem...

Freakshow198
08-29-2011, 08:17 PM
So I bought this game about 4 weeks ago now...
I've clocked up exactly 40 minutes play time... But now every time I try to enter the game, I get the "Preparing to launch Jamestown" window, my user icon gets it's green border, then it turns blue again and nothing happens...
The "News Window Popup" will even come up if it's the first game I try going into after starting Steam. It's like I'm entering the game, then exiting it straight away.

I've already sent an e-mail to Final Form Support, I've recieved one reply... But that was weeks ago... I haven't heard anything since. I've even asked for an update on my problem, with no luck.

I just wanna play my game :(

Freakshow198
09-04-2011, 02:41 AM
... Just looking for an update... I've sent 2 e-mails now to the Support asking for an update on my issue... I haven't heard anything back...

Shawn5150
09-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Did you try to verify your game cache ? (right click on Jamestown, Properties, Local Files, Verify your game cache)
Also download the newest driver for your graphic card, it helps sometimes with the game.

Freakshow198
09-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Yeah, tried that... Updated the graphics card... Uninstalled/Reinstalled... :(

Freakshow198
09-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Ok, I don't mean to sound like an arrogant customer or some whiney kid with a problem, but this is really starting to annoy me...
I've had this problem for nearly 2 months now and I've heard next to nothing back. The first e-mail I was sent was very quick. I did everything they suggested to do, and sent the DxDiag and Controllerlog.txt back with my reply. But that's when everyone has gone silent... All I want to do is play the game I've paid for. I even got a few of my friends to buy the game so we could play multiplayer...

westquote
09-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Hi there! Sorry you're still having trouble running the game! We've pushed a few patches in the interest of fixing the bugs people have been reporting to us. If you send us another email, we'll see if we've found a new solution to your problem in the past couple months. Again, sorry to have left you hanging - we're still fixing bugs over here, and we'll try to be more responsive in the future.

Freakshow198
09-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks Final Form Games! All fixed and works like a charm now! :)
Turn out somehow openAL disappeared from my computer... Not sure how...
Thanks again! :)

Nayte
11-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Hi, I still have a major problem discussed here, I can't launch the game currently on steam. I played it without any problem for a long time, and it appears that since your last update, I have the problem. Thank you for your help ! :)