08-29-2011, 09:38 PM
You read the title.

You clicked the link.

You know why you came here.

You are ready.

Discuss.

heyguysitsme
08-29-2011, 09:44 PM
They're both great looking games with a reasonable price tag. I say why not get both? Serious Sam will make up for Duke Nukem while Hard Reset will help bring back the indie FPS PC exclusive studio and games.

edub77
08-29-2011, 09:51 PM
I'd go with Hard Reset. The single player will be much better than Serious Sam 3's and going by the previous Serious Sam games, it will have a small MP audience. That being said, both games are looking great and you can't go wrong with either of these old-school style shooters.

cloropad
08-29-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm thinking Hard Reset looks quite a bit better. It sort of reminds me of Bioshock for some reason. Maybe because it looks so original.

Dave3d
08-30-2011, 12:02 AM
I pre-ordered both.
If I had to choose?
I would go with SS3.
Why?
Because it is a proven entity.

Chapa9dj
08-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Both are beautifully looking games.
I pre-ordered Hard Reset. I'll get SS3 later.

ZeroTheHero
08-30-2011, 02:27 AM
Both, because they seem to be completely different games (except the 'shoot-lots-of-guys-in-the-face'-part of course ;) ).

But if I had to choose, I'd take SS3, because it's Serious Fun.

(and has quicksaves).

DuckStab
08-30-2011, 04:01 AM
I'm buying both.

I'm just glad we're finally getting fast paced old school shooters again.

SubstanceD
08-30-2011, 04:13 AM
Hard Reset. Because Wicther 2 Devs FOR GREAT JUSTICE. Also PC exclusive. It's gotta be good!

Darrosquall
08-30-2011, 04:28 AM
I pre-ordered both.

same here :D

Fear Itself
08-30-2011, 05:10 AM
I think Serious Sam is better and the number of Steam features it supports is bigger. Guess I'm a sucker for them, LOL.

Iconoclast XVII
08-30-2011, 05:36 AM
It isn't a competition, I'll get both eventually, but I'm more excited for Hard Reset. I haven't yet gotten through the older Serious Sam games, and I loved Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and NecroVisioN (ok, not sure if it is the same guys, but they were still guys from People Can Fly and so are these guys). Plus those Polish really know how to make games.

Heiland
08-30-2011, 06:53 AM
That is easy Hard Reset no Multiplayer, no Coop so Serious Sam 3 is the way to go.

Alfego
08-30-2011, 07:34 AM
both pc ONLY shooters. Mouse and keyboard controls will PROBABLY WORK, perfectly. And it hopefully will be difficult as they don't have to make them so easy controller players can beat it.

This is a great time for us. I'm looking forward to both. Hard Reset is single player only. which means it might be really amazing.

Railgun
08-30-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm just glad it's more than just Croteam bringing back the old-school FPS, bring 'em both on I say!

both pc ONLY shooters
Nope, SS3 is on consoles too, though why you'd choose console over PC I have no idea.
That said I'll be getting both if the 360 version has split-screen+LAN multi.

craziplaya21
08-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Go with Hard Reset. SS3 has been consolized greatly (for example, ADS, invasive "IN YOUR FACE" item highlights, and fast pace of SS has been slowed down greatly to accommodate a sprint button,)

Dave3d
08-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Go with Hard Reset. SS3 has been consolized greatly (for example, ADS, invasive "IN YOUR FACE" item highlights, and fast pace of SS has been slowed down greatly to accommodate a sprint button,)

LOL
What?
ADS is console?
Item highlights (which I also wish we can turn off, which they MIGHT be able to), were in ALL the SS games. Just implemented differently.
And, Croteam already said the walking is just as fast as before. They just put in a sprint button for when you clear an area, you can quickly go back to where you had been and pick up missed items. Also, with Reload now, you may need it to get away from enemies sometimes.

craziplaya21
08-30-2011, 02:21 PM
LOL
What?
ADS is console?
Item highlights (which I also wish we can turn off, which they MIGHT be able to), were in ALL the SS games. Just implemented differently.
And, Croteam already said the walking is just as fast as before. They just put in a sprint button for when you clear an area, you can quickly go back to where you had been and pick up missed items. Also, with Reload now, you may need it to get away from enemies sometimes.

ADS does not belong in SS. I said "IN YOUR FACE" highlights. I know previous SS games had highlights, but not so blatant that it is virtually screaming at you. From what I have seen of the gameplay video, it is slowed down a lot, though that may change in the final build.

Iconoclast XVII
08-30-2011, 03:25 PM
So ADS doesn't belong in SS, that automatically means it is a "consolized" thing? I swear people need to grow up and quit using consoles as a scapegoat. If a game is bad, they call it a console port. If they only support a limited number of weapons or regenerating heath, it was "dumbed down" for consoles. If anything, I blame Call of Duty and Halo for the flood of games with regenerating health, only carrying a certain number of weapons, ADS, etc. Duke Nukem, Jet Force Gemini, Goldeneye all lacked these "consolized" features when they were console games.

enemyofportal
08-30-2011, 03:49 PM
I don't buy serious sam. it's like more aggressive game which combines with left 4 dead the whole horde of zombies. of course, they are all aliens. but what's different? there is another game that you have to deal with the so many waves of enemies. war hammer 40K: space marine. if I were you, I would choose this. well, I already preordered. this game is much better serious sam BFE 3 whatever.

randomnewb
08-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Getting Hard Reset. It looks much better gfx and gameplay wise.

Frankly, I don't understand the hype around SS. I'm all for oldschool DM shooters, but randomly spawned monsters charging at me from all directions in a map that's pretty much flat and empty for the most part I'm not too crazy about...

nik5ar
08-31-2011, 10:00 PM
I can't imagine not owning both. Hard Reset for the single-player, SS3 for the co-op.

Any true PC gamer would have to agree. Hang your head in shame for thinking otherwise, or go back to beating your head against your 360/PS3 or whatever it is they're good for...

...not that I have a strong opinion on the matter or anything.

skelter192
08-31-2011, 11:26 PM
That is easy Hard Reset no Multiplayer, no Coop so Serious Sam 3 is the way to go.

Same here Hard Reset is the way to go!

unlucky411
09-01-2011, 08:55 AM
hard reset first then ss3 later, but have a few games to compleate first, dead island being one of them

Fear Itself
09-01-2011, 08:57 AM
I'm just glad it's more than just Croteam bringing back the old-school FPS, bring 'em both on I say!

Nope, SS3 is on consoles too, though why you'd choose console over PC I have no idea.
That said I'll be getting both if the 360 version has split-screen+LAN multi.
I'm guessing the console versions of Sam are at least a year away.

tatsu91
09-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Really Duke nukem games were nothing like serious sam really thats is just not true in DN3D you didnt fight 100,s enemies non stop

swaaye
09-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Yeah, Duke 3D was more along the lines of an evolution of Wolf3D, Doom and Dark Forces and other such keyhunt corridor shooters.

Painkiller and Serious Sam are really a different type of game and I can't think of any old DOS games that are similar offhand. They almost feel like a combination of a top down shoot em up and a first person shooter. But they are not really retro-style FPS games. That kind is not exactly a long lost genre as corridor keyhunts are essentially what most shooters boil down to.

dimi_gr
09-01-2011, 12:52 PM
I think most here will get both titles like me so I'll put them in prefered play order:
1. Hard Reset
2. SS3

SS titles are timeless titles so they can be played anytime. Hard Reset seems to be more solid so will definitely be played first.

Victus27
09-02-2011, 12:50 AM
After watching a playthrough of the press release demo of Hard Reset, I pre-ordered it. Looks great, fun, and a bunch of weapons options to go with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZeHWH_9sUg

soviet_sharkey
09-02-2011, 05:32 AM
Hard Reset may have PAINKILLER devs on it but SS3 wins because 16 player co op always helps
both look fun though

decapnz
09-02-2011, 07:48 AM
get both!

Ghostbreed
09-02-2011, 01:05 PM
I'll go with both! BECAUSE I AM A MAN!

Lord Gremlin
09-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Serious sam has juicy meat, gore, blood. Epic win. Hard Reset? Robots... It's like Vanquish - feels sterile and boring.
I've played Vanquish several times and it would have been so much better with proper gore...