PDA

View Full Version : Interesting for artists...INKLING BY WACOM

tibetanpunk
08-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Wacom introduces Inkling, a new digital sketch pen that captures a digital likeness of your work while you sketch with its ballpoint tip on any sketchbook or standard piece of paper.

INKLING BY WACOM (http://youtu.be/fXbBA1DRE84)

Looks pretty awesome, but I wonder how much the ink cartridges cost...As nibs for the Intous4 pen aren't cheap and don't last that long.

Yiffles
08-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Haha I just saw this! I wonder how well it works and if it can record handwriting and convert it to text. When I sold Wacom tablets, one customer was wanting have something portable that didn't require a computer so she could write on paper and have it as text later when she had a computer available. Of course, I didn't have any products like that unless she wanted to shell out the money for a LiveScribe pen and notebook.

Shape
08-30-2011, 01:54 PM
That's awesome, vector/point editable!! Woah!! :)

Sgt.Gotee
08-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Woah, that's pretty impressive looking.

madpistol
08-30-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm intrigued. How much is this going to cost?

tibetanpunk
08-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Going by the quality of my Intuos4 and even the Wacom Bamboo that was my first entry level tablet, I'd say that these are probably excellent...

I just wish I had a spare 150 for one...

It's not stupidly expensive, but I am left wondering how much the ink cartridges cost as you likely have to order them direct from Wacom, same as the spare nibs for their tablet pens...