PDA

View Full Version : DLC Speculation

Dean Harper
08-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Ok, we know THQ made a habit of making expansion packs for Dawn of War, which got a hell of a lot more additional content than most other games.

It could be reasoned that Space Marine would see the same kind of support after release, with new campaigns and additional races being featured in expansion packs.

What add on content would YOU most like to see? What do you hope for in the future?

Myself? I wanna curb stomp some of those wussy Tau.

Fraxxxi
08-30-2011, 05:47 PM
left4dead mode against tyranids.
due to a psychic dampening field the synapse creatures' range is severely limited, so the basic cannon fodder behaves just like the l4d zombies, randomly reacting either ravenously hostile or too confused to pay you much attention. instead of special infected you get synapse creatures which gather the swarm around them.
another variation of the theme could be nurgle zombies as normal enemies, minor demons of nurgle as specials.
bolt pistol with unlimited ammo just like in the main game, all other weapons come with severely limited ammo or power cells.

StreetPreacher
08-30-2011, 07:48 PM
CO-OP!!!

Seriously - I've long given up on playing vs. online, and now prefer to play only SP and co-op (usually with friends, but sometimes with random pubs). Would love to see co-op support in campaign maps or something similar. But NOT in a survival mode where you fend off ever-increasing waves of enemies. That kind of gametype never appealed to me. What's the attraction to a mode that you cannot win by definition? I tried it again recently with Section 8, but as always it gets too hard too quick (IMHO), and the whole thing reeks of futility.

But yeah. Co-op support.

Galen
08-30-2011, 07:58 PM
What I want? Ork Campaign.

Play as a Slugga Boy who rises through the ranks, gaining strength and new abilities. Crump other Orks to show that YOU are the toughest, and take trophies from the puny humies and stinking chaos boyz that you slaughter. Choose your path: forge bizzare weaponry as a Big Mek, channel the Warp as a Weirdboy, or strap on a power klaw and mega armour and SMASH as a Warboss.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH!

armen12
08-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Well, for me I look forward to the CO-op with friends...

I hope they release DLC that adds missions, or iteams or both!! lol for coop. I think the games replayability would be greatly increased if you had DLC for coop missions.... and why not add the option to play chaos missions?? perhaps Races specifi DLC for coop matches..... a fanboi can dreammm though... :P

D3s_ToD3s
08-30-2011, 08:25 PM
i bet my bucks on guns and armore...

like in Matrix
"Guns. Lots of guns"

I'm sure my Amazon-Preorder contains DLC.

Why? C'mon!

Golden Relic Bolter + 2 SM-Skins + 2 CSM-Skins

Other versions contain a golden Chainsword.

I'm sure this stuff and similar bitz wuld be DLC at some point. Not just exclusives for the Preorder.

i hope for Golden Terminator-Cyclone roketlauncher of evil purposes

RC1138
08-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Uh... correct me if I'm wrong but there's a COOP mode in the game already. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. It's 5 player and Player 1 is Titus and goes down to the other characters (although P's 4 and 5 was unknown).

Edit

Yeah, here

http://www.40kforums.com/vb/content.php/275-Space-Marine-Game-Review

Andy makes an additional comment in the comments section:

Oh wow, I knew I forgot something! Yes, co-op campaign is available. It wasn't available in our version, but you are due to be able to play a co-op campaign in a group of up to five players.

How that works in terms of scaling up units (i.e. will Grots take 5 times as much damage if there's 5 of you? Or will there be more of them?) wasn't mentioned.

Additionally he confirms DLC (but doesn't specify what it is:

We had three (or four?) maps available, though more will no doubt become available either for the game's release, or with DLC in the future (DLC is 'confirmed' by the way - in a "I can't tell you anything about it" sort of way). These maps were all based on situations you'd played in the Single Player campaign, but turned into very balanced multi player maps.

Cyrielx2
08-31-2011, 09:26 AM
A campaign involving Necrons or Nids.

That's all. If this happens, i'll be ever so happy.