PDA

View Full Version : Is the 5th the true release date or will it change?

japanimater
08-31-2011, 09:11 PM
Will this game really come out on the 5th(Monday) like it says on the Steam Page or, like Deus Ex:Human Revolution, will it change to the 6th(Tuesday) a couple of days before? With Deus Ex I could've sworn it said the 22nd for the longest time then switched to the 23rd a few days before it came out.

Disdaine
08-31-2011, 09:19 PM
It will come out on the 5th... but at Midnight... which is technically the 6th. If you are in a timezone other than Eastern, your date will show the 5th since you will be getting the game "earlier".

In my case, it says the 5th... I did the math though and the game will unlock at 11pm... just in time for me to start the download, swear a lot, then go to work for a full week wishing I could play a game that I could have played on Labor Day.

Bastards :P

Joeji
08-31-2011, 09:42 PM
It will be a midnight release, depending on your time zone.

And I just watched the launch trailer on G4, and at the end, it says "Out Now". Which really got my hopes up and quickly went to steam to see, and then I was sad :(.

Here's the link, mind you G4's quality is terrible.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55038/dead-island-launch-trailer/?quality=hd

JK_DC
08-31-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm hoping a preload will start in the next 2 days.

shabbyblock
09-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Sigh.. Eu don't get it until the 8th I think or maybe 9th.. But, I can't wait that long so I will be involved with lets just say a quick way to play it *wink* And when I do it's legal since I already paid for it... Still.. I want to play it now..