PDA

View Full Version : A question about the "Complete" shooter pack...

Creeping Death
09-01-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm just wondering is there a reason why Zombie Shooter 2 isn't included in the complete shooter pack that is currently on sale? In fact it isn't on offer at all, which is somewhat strange.

As far as I can tell its developed and published by the same people, so there can't be a problem there.

It's still a great offer as it is, it just irks me when things are advertised as being complete when they aren't :P

quodlibet79
09-01-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm just wondering is there a reason why Zombie Shooter 2 isn't included in the complete shooter pack that is currently on sale? In fact it isn't on offer at all, which is somewhat strange.

As far as I can tell its developed and published by the same people, so there can't be a problem there.

It's still a great offer as it is, it just irks me when things are advertised as being complete when they aren't :P

I agree completely. This is not "complete". ;)

ljbade
09-01-2011, 04:13 PM
I just purchased the pack and noticed that. What gives? ZS2 has been on Steam since 2009.

Also I went to Sigma-games website and Steam is also missing Alien Shooter 2: Conscription, Alien Shooter: Fight for Life, Alien Shooter: The Experiment. A thread here suggests Valve is blocking Sigma-team from adding newer Shooter games: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1385046

So I suggest everyone contact Valve about this and also Sigma-team at http://www.sigma-team.net/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=6&Itemid=31

I have also posted on the Sigma Team forums but for some reason they censor the word Steam: http://www.sigma-team.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7488

Donnicton
09-01-2011, 04:19 PM
I just purchased the pack and noticed that. What gives? ZS2 has been on Steam since 2009.

Also I went to Sigma-games website and Steam is also missing Alien Shooter 2: Conscription, Alien Shooter: Fight for Life, Alien Shooter: The Experiment. A thread here suggests Valve is blocking Sigma-team from adding newer Shooter games: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1385046

So I suggest everyone contact Valve about this and also Sigma-team at http://www.sigma-team.net/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=6&Itemid=31

I have also posted on the Sigma Team forums but for some reason they censor the word Steam: http://www.sigma-team.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7488

It's not unintentionally censored, either. It's blatantly clear that at least some of the staffers there don't even like the fact that the games that are currently on Steam are even available on Steam at all:

... I like that post, you are honest to say where you buy the games and also talk about your own experience where you buy them... I am not surprise we see some customers of that "dollarama store" come here for support...

Cunin
09-01-2011, 06:04 PM
They probably don't like money and would like to stay poor.

lonewolfdon
09-01-2011, 06:59 PM
What's the expression? "Biting the hand that feeds you." Looks like Sigma-Team insult and disrespect Steam and Steam Users, and even censor the word "Steam" on their forums. Why do they even bother having their games on Steam then? Very strange behavior.

I usually like to help support by buying games from smaller or indie type Developers, but with the poor attitude they display against Steam and Steam Users, I think I'll be passing on getting any of their games.

Here's their line of thinking of other Sites (such as Steam) that sell their games:
"I never trusted sites where you pay and have to log on to play games you never own completely. Especially when the price is so low it may be just a illegal copy."
http://www.sigma-team.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6047

That's a bizarre way of doing business. Have your games selling on other sites, such as Steam, but then saying you don't trust those other sites selling your games or suggesting it may be illegal copies you're buying if you don't buy direct from Sigma-Team's site? Then calling Steam a "dollarama store", treating Steam-Users who bought their game as 3rd-class Citizens, and going so far as to even censor the word "Steam" on their forums? Bizarre indeed.

Cunin
09-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah I hope it's like said in another thread, that it's just that guy acting like that, that he's not even a developer but just a fan or friend of them, and they maybe have no time to look at their forums so they can't see how he behave.
That would make sense, and I really hope it's like that.

lonewolfdon
09-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Well, the guy is representing Sigma as they chose him as a "Moderator", and it's Sigma's site and Sigma's forum. So, potential customers who might just be curious and take a look over at their forums could be quite put-off and decide against ever buying any of Sigma's games due to the very poor attitude displayed on their forums toward Steam and Steam Users. I was thinking about getting the Sigma game pack, but now after seeing their forums and how they treat Users (especially Users who did not buy directly from the Sigma site), I won't be buying any of their games or supporting them.

If it is just some ego-driven Moderator there gone amok, then Sigma should be made aware of it (but hey, it's Sigma's site and forum, so they chose the guy to be a mod there, and they should keep an eye on their own forums), as right now that guy is doing a lot of harm to their business and turning away lots of potential customers.

KSMF
09-01-2011, 07:45 PM
What's the expression? "Biting the hand that feeds you." Looks like Sigma-Team insult and disrespect Steam and Steam Users, and even censor the word "Steam" on their forums. Why do they even bother having their games on Steam then? Very strange behavior.

I usually like to help support by buying games from smaller or indie type Developers, but with the poor attitude they display against Steam and Steam Users, I think I'll be passing on getting any of their games.

Here's their line of thinking of other Sites (such as Steam) that sell their games:
"I never trusted sites where you pay and have to log on to play games you never own completely. Especially when the price is so low it may be just a illegal copy."
http://www.sigma-team.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6047

That's a bizarre way of doing business. Have your games selling on other sites, such as Steam, but then saying you don't trust those other sites selling your games or suggesting it may be illegal copies you're buying if you don't buy direct from Sigma-Team's site? Then calling Steam a "dollarama store", treating Steam-Users who bought their game as 3rd-class Citizens, and going so far as to even censor the word "Steam" on their forums? Bizarre indeed.

Wow, just wow, he says that Valve might be selling illegal copy's of their games.

If I was Valve I would kick them of Steam.

Cunin
09-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Well, the guy is representing Sigma as they chose him as a "Moderator", and it's Sigma's site and Sigma's forum. So, potential customers who might just be curious and take a look over at their forums could be quite put-off and decide against ever buying any of Sigma's games due to the very poor attitude displayed on their forums toward Steam and Steam Users. I was thinking about getting the Sigma game pack, but now after seeing their forums and how they treat Users (especially Users who did not buy directly from the Sigma site), I won't be buying any of their games or supporting them.

If it is just some ego-driven Moderator there gone amok, then Sigma should be made aware of it (but hey, it's Sigma's site and forum, so they chose the guy to be a mod there, and they should keep an eye on their own forums), as right now that guy is doing a lot of harm to their business and turning away lots of potential customers.

I totally agree with you, I just hope they just didn't see it because they're busy or something :)

Anyway I've sent them an email about the problem, with links to these threads here on steam, let's see if they care

Thundergod
09-01-2011, 08:26 PM
That guy can't even speak English properly and what he says makes very little sense even after you translate the engrish, he's clearly a moron. I couldn't care less if Sigma hates Steam but having a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ represent your products on their official forums is bad for business. Period.

Justin MacDuro
09-01-2011, 08:48 PM
The problems between Sigma an Steam comes from long ago and if I don't remember wrong there was another company involved and some kind of problems with the rights of the game . There was an old post about that here but it was deleted or maybe stored .

ANyway the problems seems to be solved since Sigma Team published Alien Hallway one week ago in Steam .

Daren
09-01-2011, 08:48 PM
To be fair the guy might type English bad cause he doesn't know the language well. Of course if thats the case they really shouldn't have made him a mod.

KSMF
09-01-2011, 08:53 PM
To be fair the guy might type English bad cause he doesn't know the language well. Of course if thats the case they really shouldn't have made him a mod.

He is from Canada, what language are the speaking, French or English?

Daren
09-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Ah I missed that he was from Canada, ignore my point :D

lonewolfdon
09-01-2011, 09:00 PM
He is from Canada, what language are the speaking, French or English?

Well, I'm a Canadian, and my native language is English.
Out of all of the Provinces we have here, it's only really 1 (Quebec) that mainly uses French, though they know English as well.

videogames10
09-01-2011, 11:18 PM

Zombie Shooter 2 is buggy. I personally don't think they ever finished the game and, for some reason, never offered a patch to fix the problems. There's one level in the game that has you driving a vehicle with a very powerful weapon - not the tank, the tank works fine. It's the other vehicle with the spiked front grill. Anyway, this vehicle is virtually uncontrollable with the WASD keys. You can make it through the level with the vehicle - trust me, you'll need it's weapon - but it's very difficult and Sigma never bothered to fix the problem. There were several posts in their forum quite some time ago asking about a patch for Zombie Shooter 2, but no one from Sigma ever responded, and now I noticed that all of the posts in the ZS2 forum have mysteriously disappeared. Zombie Shooter 2 is playable, a lot of fun and my personal favorite from the series, but it's a shame Sigma never bothered to fix the bugs.

Friendliest
09-02-2011, 10:27 AM
looking at the screenshots on their homepage, AS2:Conscription does look a lot more advanced than AS. (Lighting, graphics quality, etc.) Steam should chill with their restrictions. Let's put it this way: after looking at every single product of the 1800+ that are on Steam (last I checked), I would NEVER have guessed that there are actual "quality" requirements for a game to be on here. Cuz a few titles certainly make me wonder what anyone sees in them.

You know..... ? ...... that statement could apply to almost any conceivable remark! :p ;) :D

KSMF
09-02-2011, 11:16 AM

I just found out, he's one of the French Canadians.

videogames10
09-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Steam should chill with their restrictions. Let's put it this way: after looking at every single product of the 1800+ that are on Steam (last I checked), I would NEVER have guessed that there are actual "quality" requirements for a game to be on here. Cuz a few titles certainly make me wonder what anyone sees in them.

I don't know this for a fact, I'm just guessing; but, it may have something to do with Sigma's refusal, or inability to fix the problems associated with Zombie Shooter 2. There used to be several posts on Sigma's forums regarding the bugs in the game, but they were never addressed and no one from Sigma ever responded in the forums. Those posts...heck, all of the posts in the Zombie Shooter 2 forum have since been deleted. Maybe Steam was receiving a bunch of complaints regarding ZS2. If the developer is not going to fix these problems, then why would Steam want to offer Sigma's new games? Games that may contain bugs as well. Steam is the one who has to deal with the complaints while Sigma refuses to do anything about it. Again, this is just a theory. I really don't know the true reason Steam is not distributing Sigma's latest games. I wish they would, because I love these games. However, I don't want them if they have serious problems.