PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, thinking about getting, some quick questions :)

Listen
09-01-2011, 03:22 PM
So right now, my zombie killing takes place in the form of the excellent, KILLING FLOOR.

What I like about KF is that I turn it on, join a server and BOOM! Instant co-op! I don't have to wonder how many of my Steam friends are on. Is this similar?

I somehow got the impression that the co-op part of the game can only be played with 3 friends. Or am I misinformed? Is there a matching feature that'll fill the room and drop 4 strangers together to play? This is kinda a make-or-break feature for me.

All my gaming buddies prefer their consoles, so they don't log into Steam nearly as much as I. I can't rely on them.

RojaNNatioN
09-01-2011, 03:26 PM
The co-op can be played through up to 4 players. It can also be played with just one other friend, or two other friends. I personally will be playing with one of my old gaming friends. I'm sure if you like co-op zombie games it'll be easy to join up on the DI community group and see if anyone wants to play with you. As far as the server joining thing, I think it will be rather easy to join up with random individuals, since its just like "Oh I'll join this server, do my thing, then leave". There was a thread on here a few days ago for people looking for some other individuals wanting some serious friends to play through DI with.

cezlutac
09-01-2011, 03:27 PM
You can play it by yourself, or have strangers and friends drop in and drop out at will. The difficulty adjusts for the increased amount of players.

Cobalt2202
09-01-2011, 03:53 PM
I am thinking the Co-op join mechanic will be much like Portal 2, matchmaking or what not. Also you can go in options to set up how your matchmaking is going to be, like "Closed" or "Friends only" perhaps? But I also see another possibility where there is another system to it. We'll see at release.