PDA

View Full Version : Steam servers too busy to preload

titosfuneral
09-02-2011, 03:07 AM
I've been trying to start the preload for a couple of days now, but it just keeps saying that the servers are too busy. Anyone know if the preload has actually started or if this is just steam not giving enough resources over to this?

titosfuneral
09-02-2011, 08:25 AM
arrrgghhh .. still to busy... been trying ever half hour or so :(

JohnnyFronthole
09-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Three and a half days to go, don't sweat it.

City Builder
09-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Yes, preloading has started. Maybe switch your download location. Or search forum, I've read a couple times something about deleting some file in steam with the something-something BLOB name to get rid of these servers are too busy errors.

titosfuneral
09-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Three and a half days to go, don't sweat it.
haven't been able to get anything for the last 3 days.. last time it was like that (l4d2) it was days after release before I got it downloaded, despite preordering it weeks (months?) in advance. And it's not that it's downloading slowly... it won't even start the install.

Yes, preloading has started. Maybe switch your download location. Or search forum, I've read a couple times something about deleting some file in steam with the something-something BLOB name to get rid of these servers are too busy errors.

Good idea... :) didn't work though... :mad: :confused: I even tried downloading it from the West Coast and Australia to see if their servers were quieter at the moment... but no

And anyone else wanting to try.. it's the ClientRegistry.blob City Builder was referring to;.

JohnnyFronthole
09-02-2011, 09:18 AM
haven't been able to get anything for the last 3 days..

Pre-load only began less than a day ago.

titosfuneral
09-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Pre-load only began less than a day ago.

I bought it two days ago, and it tried to install then and failed.. I've had the preload button since then.. without being able to preload.. so this is the third day.

murbz
09-02-2011, 09:53 AM
I had this problem, there are a few things to do with this:

- Change your download region
- Change the speed of your internet connection in the steam downloading tab
- Edit your .blob:

If the issue is isolated to a few Steam games, please exit from Steam and go to the Steamapps folder (default is C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps) and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games. Once complete, please restart Steam to test the issue.

- Basically backup all your games (that you want to keep), then just move the backups folder out of your steam, delete everything in the steam folder on your C: drive except "steamapps" and "userdata" - Launch Steam via the icon in the start menu, it'll ask to restore, click restore, then let it restore. Let it do it's thing then try.
^
That personally fixed this bug I was getting where it wouldn't let me download any game for about 3-4 days.

Hope that works.

Also, if you do pre-load it, and then pause it, it could start the entire download again. If that happens, don't worry. It will get to just over 50% then complete itself. :D!

Angus Kart
09-02-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm getting 1.9-2.1 MB/s

Gotta love the Comcast/steam download site

xMissyChrissyx
09-02-2011, 11:22 AM
I pre-loaded it with no problem at all when it first said it was available for pre-load. Downloaded the entire thing in about 2 and a half hours. :)

If you are getting a crappy download speed, switch servers to a place in the world not too far from where you live, but somewhere where it's like 3 or 4AM local time. People there are usually asleep (except for hardcore gamers lol)...less congestion on their servers means you'll be able to download it.

titosfuneral
09-02-2011, 12:09 PM
I had this problem, there are a few things to do with this:

- Change your download region
- Change the speed of your internet connection in the steam downloading tab
- Edit your .blob:

If the issue is isolated to a few Steam games, please exit from Steam and go to the Steamapps folder (default is C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps) and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games. Once complete, please restart Steam to test the issue.

- Basically backup all your games (that you want to keep), then just move the backups folder out of your steam, delete everything in the steam folder on your C: drive except "steamapps" and "userdata" - Launch Steam via the icon in the start menu, it'll ask to restore, click restore, then let it restore. Let it do it's thing then try.
^
That personally fixed this bug I was getting where it wouldn't let me download any game for about 3-4 days.

Hope that works.

Also, if you do pre-load it, and then pause it, it could start the entire download again. If that happens, don't worry. It will get to just over 50% then complete itself. :D!

Thanks.. completely wiping steam from my computer worked.. now to reinstall all my games from backup... :)