View Full Version : BF3 multiplayer trailer VS COD:MW3 Trailer

finniganz
09-02-2011, 10:56 AM
since both games now have multiplayer trailers, discuss each
BF3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE
COD:MW3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SMZizRlpyI

Call of Duty looks like the same, fast paced arcade style shooter from before (notice noobtube is back, but unkown on how powerful it will be) with similar graphics and sounds

Battlefield 3 has better graphics than the Bad Company 2, and also has flying footage (unkown to me if its going to be like bf2 flying or bc2 flying, i prefer bf2 flying)

discuss what you think of each trailer

thotaz
09-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Bf3 trailer > mw3 trailer (minus the modified battlefield theme at the end, that ♥♥♥♥ is an annoying sound.)
But from what I have seen from both games Mw3> BF3 simply because I prefer the cod style of gameplay

bboy500
09-02-2011, 11:22 AM
BF3 trailer > MW3 trailer is obvious lol.

But I want to see actual gameplay (first person view) before I judge.

finniganz
09-02-2011, 11:27 AM
BF3 trailer > MW3 trailer is obvious lol.

But I want to see actual gameplay (first person view) before I judge.

i was kind of curious as to why they didn't show any HUD and only quick, few second shots of first person

bahens
09-02-2011, 01:37 PM
here we go again BF vs COD:D
kids pls stop comparing two complete different games.

finniganz
09-02-2011, 01:44 PM
how are they completely different? 2 modern war fps games both with a run and gun gamemode (yes bf now has team deathmatch infantry only)

bungiefan89
09-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Honestly, the only things that stood out for me in the MW3 trailer were the little machine that blows up incoming rockets, the dogtag thing, and the mini tank robot.

Then I saw the BF3 trailer and... it just looked a lot prettier. MUCH nicer lighting and visual effects all over the place, while CoD was the same 'broad daylight urban setting' stuff.

I might end up leaning more towards MW3 though, because the people at DICE apparently can't understand the concept of split-screen co-op play.

If MW3 allows guests in multiplayer like BO, I'll buy.

RedS
09-02-2011, 03:37 PM
how are they completely different? 2 modern war fps games both with a run and gun gamemode (yes bf now has team deathmatch infantry only)

One is nothing more than an update from the one before, which was again, an update from the game before.:(
The other is something new, built from the ground up.:D

theturn
09-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Well as long as the trailer looks cool I'm going to buy it. Who cares how it plays

theturn
09-02-2011, 03:57 PM
One is nothing more than an update from the one before, which was again, an update from the game before.:(
The other is something new, built from the ground up.:D

you do know we have BF 1942, BF2, BFBC, BFBC2

of those only 1942 wasn't ♥♥♥♥

Obii
09-02-2011, 07:01 PM
MW is no longer a military shooter, it's more a sci-fi shooter with all it's crazy ♥♥♥♥, what's next Tesla cannons?

the1stwasted
09-03-2011, 04:01 AM
MW is no longer a military shooter, it's more a sci-fi shooter with all it's crazy ♥♥♥♥, what's next Tesla cannons?

That and cloak, like in that new POS Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

the1stwasted
09-03-2011, 04:03 AM
you do know we have BF 1942, BF2, BFBC, BFBC2

of those only 1942 wasn't ♥♥♥♥

True, but unlike MW1, 2, and now 3, they are moving forward with their latest release.

Maybe when the new Consoles are released Activision will update it'e engine, but by then we will be looking at MW12.

AgenttiKiivi
09-03-2011, 06:44 AM

what is so sci-fi in mw3?

Obii
09-03-2011, 08:47 AM
what is so sci-fi in mw3?

off the bat heartbeat sensors. but then there is the crazy perks that counter things like UAVs and thermal, oh and the perks that make your footsteps silent or sprint longer, re-brand them augmentations and it could almost be Jew Sex.

Ranik
09-04-2011, 11:56 AM
off the bat heartbeat sensors. but then there is the crazy perks that counter things like UAVs and thermal, oh and the perks that make your footsteps silent or sprint longer, re-brand them augmentations and it could almost be Jew Sex.

I hate to break this to you but prototype technology to detect breathing and heartbeats thru surfaces does exist (no, it isn't anywhere near as good as MW2/MW3's sensor, but it's not very science fiction either), perks that counter thermals can be explained away as cooling yourself down a ton, soldiers use things that make their footsteps a lot less noisy already and really good Soldiers already sprint longer than certain other Soldiers.

Yeah it isn't very realistic - it's arcadey. It always has been. It's never been super realistic. If you want realistic, you play ArmA. Call of Duty has always been an arcadey army-esque shooter.