PDA

View Full Version : How do I upgrade the mothership?

Kelvets
09-03-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm level 12 and the 150 goon limit isn't cutting it any longer. Do I have to go all the way to half across the galaxy up to those level 20 star systems just to complete the graveyard mission thing and that will upgrade the mothership? =S

Fwiffo
09-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Yep, you'll have to follow the main quest to get your upgrades. If you're maxed out on goons a lot, trade them for data or rez at friendly civilian stations.

Elcs
09-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Mothership upgrades along with the story.

Complete the story, bask in the love of the bigger hangers and capacity levels.

Angus Kart
09-03-2011, 10:45 AM
develop some nice friendly level 3 CIV science and colony systems
trade goons for data to level up quickly
trade rez for more goons

Level up enough to continue the story mission

Kelvets
09-03-2011, 02:11 PM
develop some nice friendly level 3 CIV science and colony systems
trade goons for data to level up quickly
trade rez for more goons

Level up enough to continue the story mission

How do I make civs go level 3? I'm level 12 and I've only seen ONE mission where the faction's power is changed. It would take forever to come across a sufficient number of such missions!

necrodoom
09-04-2011, 04:55 AM
the higher tech level, the more the system has a chance to get higher rewarding missions. also il need more information about your game, how many systems have you unlocked, what mission you are at and whats your fleet setup

Kelvets
09-04-2011, 05:41 AM
the higher tech level, the more the system has a chance to get higher rewarding missions. also il need more information about your game, how many systems have you unlocked, what mission you are at and whats your fleet setup

I started a Veteran game (was previously playing Normal) and the mission is much closer to my starting point now, so I should be able to do it pretty soon.
So you mean that as my level gets higher, those missions where a faction's power is changed will appear more often?

Angus Kart
09-04-2011, 05:44 AM
How do I make civs go level 3? I'm level 12 and I've only seen ONE mission where the faction's power is changed. It would take forever to come across a sufficient number of such missions!

You dont HAVE to get the civ level up, it just seems to provide them with more data or goons for trade

Early on just try to get friendly with as many colony and science planets as possible so you have places to trade

Kelvets
09-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Oh God, I did the scrapyard mission on my Veteran game, but the mothership didn't get upgraded and the next part is in a lvl 27 system halfway across the galaxy. Fml!
Devs seriously should add an in-between mothership upgrade... Assuming it actually gets upgraded after that 27 mission, going from lvl 5 to lvl 27 with the same low goon limit is annoying.

necrodoom
09-04-2011, 09:36 AM
I started a Veteran game (was previously playing Normal) and the mission is much closer to my starting point now, so I should be able to do it pretty soon.
So you mean that as my level gets higher, those missions where a faction's power is changed will appear more often?

no. the system's tech level is what matters. reducing faction power missions are still really rare, though, while increasing faction power missions can be like 66% of the time at max. also, as a reminder, missions ALWAYS use the same system level that is usually closest to you and an conquered. so make sure to not capture systems that are level 18, 27 (28?) and 35 too early

Kelvets
09-04-2011, 09:40 AM
missions ALWAYS use the same system level that is usually closest to you and an conquered. so make sure to not capture systems that are level 18, 27 (28?) and 35 too early

I read this multiple times but I'm not sure I got it. Could you give some examples? Ty!

Angus Kart
09-04-2011, 09:56 AM
I read this multiple times but I'm not sure I got it. Could you give some examples? Ty!

Hahah I was going to post the exact same thing

necrodoom
09-04-2011, 10:21 AM
for example, second part of chapter 2, we need a fricking laser, always happens on the most close level 18 system that is locked.

Kelvets
09-04-2011, 11:53 AM
for example, second part of chapter 2, we need a fricking laser, always happens on the most close level 18 system that is locked.

What would happen then if I had explored all lvl 18 systems before getting the mission where it sends me to a lvl 18 system? It would use the next higher level system?

necrodoom
09-04-2011, 12:00 PM
What would happen then if I had explored all lvl 18 systems before getting the mission where it sends me to a lvl 18 system? It would use the next higher level system?

never tried.