PDA

View Full Version : Deathstreaks..... Why ?????????? Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

The Holy Nuke
09-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Nobody wants them. Noobs gotta learn to play and not be rewarde for dying.
Robert bowling " yeah we took time to balance the game and took all the things you hate out"

We just got infinitywarded

Bandtx
09-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Nobody wants them. Noobs gotta learn to play and not be rewarde for dying.
Robert bowling " yeah we took time to balance the game and took all the things you hate out"

We just got infinitywarded

I heard the deathstreaks weren't as bad, i saw one of them were run faster for 10 seconds after respawn or something

Kiarash
09-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Which one these are you implying is overpowered?

MW3 DeathStreaks

Juiced [Lightweight] – 4 Deaths
Martyrdom – 4 Deaths
Final Stand – 4 Deaths
Revenge (Last person that killed you is always visible on your mini map) – 5 Deaths
Stopping power for one kill – 5 Deaths
Dead Mans Hand (You run around with c4 in your hand (suicide bomber)) – 6 Deaths

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2074903

The Holy Nuke
09-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Which one these are you implying is overpowered?

MW3 DeathStreaks

Juiced [Lightweight] 4 Deaths
Martyrdom 4 Deaths
Final Stand 4 Deaths
Revenge (Last person that killed you is always visible on your mini map) 5 Deaths
Stopping power for one kill 5 Deaths
Dead Mans Hand (You run around with c4 in your hand (suicide bomber)) 6 Deaths

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2074903

Revenge and deads man hand

Torchem
09-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Noob streaks any way whether is killing or dieing. Why do you people have to have these anyway? Just a few would be enough but it's getting ridiculous now. Perk this perk that, kill streak for a stair camper, kill streak for somebody who just dies a lot but no real reward for the guys who do the hard stuff i.e. capture flags, set charges SnD ect. If you got a say chopper for successively setting a charge and blowing it up, you'd see a fair few more actually trying and not sitting back to claim the glory.

Neriot
09-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Noob streaks any way whether is killing or dieing. Why do you people have to have these anyway? Just a few would be enough but it's getting ridiculous now. Perk this perk that, kill streak for a stair camper, kill streak for somebody who just dies a lot but no real reward for the guys who do the hard stuff i.e. capture flags, set charges SnD ect. If you got a say chopper for successively setting a charge and blowing it up, you'd see a fair few more actually trying and not sitting back to claim the glory.

Oh, that's a good one.

Laying Down The Law [3 flag returns] Places an obscured mine near your teams flag.

That's all I've got.

TmDevice
09-04-2011, 01:11 AM

Pretty sure most people's interested in playing TDM.
And deathstreaks aren't much of a problem, to get them you have to die 3-5 times, and at best you'll get TWO kills with them. At best.

thotaz
09-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Pretty sure most people's interested in playing TDM.
And deathstreaks aren't much of a problem, to get them you have to die 3-5 times, and at best you'll get TWO kills with them. At best.

well my problem is that I could be the victim of some noob with martyrdom, just because I kill him after he have had a couple of deaths doesn't mean that I should get punished

dylanstrategie
09-04-2011, 02:16 AM
Look at the poor things still whining about MW3

When you suddently start having a bad day and get your face owned, that's really hard to get back up. The reason to Deathstraks is to give you both a moral and real boosts, to launch you back in the game.

If you can suddently run faster, drop a grenade on death or just learn the spawnkillers a lesson by suicide bombing, you will be helped to get kills, and getting a kill is enough to launch someone back in the game

You are the victim of a Deathstreak ? Sit back, take a chill pill (even if he ruined your 18 kill streak) and take a lesson of two about these (Most of the deathstreaks are avoidable, and they removed Painkiller, what is really that bad ?)

MARKO94EVERSERB
09-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Guys,we have dedicated servers,i am sure people will restrict overpowered deathstreaks,or weapons.Stop ♥♥♥♥♥ing about it,w8 to see how they work first then we will decide what is OP,look at the ump from the gameplays,It has more recoil and more shots to kill :).

THE Nakedgun
09-04-2011, 07:54 AM
I think its worse rewarding the dominating players already with loads of kills given more easier ways to get more kills.

OrangeNinja
09-04-2011, 07:56 AM
I think its worse rewarding the dominating players already with loads of kills given more easier ways to get more kills.

How dying a lot without getting any kills make you a dominating player? x.x

the_pie_dude
09-04-2011, 08:42 AM
I only hope that SPAWN KILLING IS FIXED my fav gamemode demolition sometimes i get spawn killed then typing "wow ♥♥♥ spawn killers"

And they say "its part of the game" Only noobs have to go for easy spawn kills -_-

Morphis
09-04-2011, 08:50 AM
I want a reward for walking.

iDoiT4KiKz
09-04-2011, 09:39 AM
I want a reward for walking.

They'll be a challenge for that no doubt.

I'll pass on call of duty this year, just too much like MW2 (in my opinion) my money's going on Battle Field 3.

jnathus
09-04-2011, 09:48 AM
IDK, deathstreaks are like the only saving grace for those who can't do very well. When I was starting out, I had someone say "I hate deathstreaks" and I was like: "oh yeah, well I hate dying." That same player responded: "LOL... fair enough." It took me a while to know the places to check for the campy folks, all the little 'gotchas' that the maps presented for experienced players and to pick the right build so that my reaction times were capable of killing more and more players. With the killstreaks adding to the kill count, it feels very overwhelming when the best you can do in a match is 2-5 kills. n00b streak or not, it gives the lower end player SOMETHING to keep them going.

bungiefan89
09-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Revenge and deads man hand
You'd have to be a REALLY bad player to die 5-6 times in a row without getting ANY kills at all.

Sure, revenge in particular looks stupidly OP, but 5 kills in a row implies the player in question is so dumb they haven't even heard of random grenade throwing.

bungiefan89
09-04-2011, 09:53 AM
IDK, deathstreaks are like the only saving grace for those who can't do very well. When I was starting out, I had someone say "I hate deathstreaks" and I was like: "oh yeah, well I hate dying." That same player responded: "LOL... fair enough." It took me a while to know the places to check for the campy folks, all the little 'gotchas' that the maps presented for experienced players and to pick the right build so that my reaction times were capable of killing more and more players. With the killstreaks adding to the kill count, it feels very overwhelming when the best you can do in a match is 2-5 kills. n00b streak or not, it gives the lower end player SOMETHING to keep them going.Very true. MW games can be pretty brutal to just drop in on. You don't have a lot of health, most guns can kill you in less than 2 seconds, and there are lots of things that can one-hit kill you:
melee attack
throwing knife
most killstreak rewards
headshots
claymores
noob tubes
grenades (of all kinds)
C4
close-range shotguns

deathstreaks give new players SOME hope of a chance

OmegaXtreme420
09-04-2011, 09:54 AM
No painkiller i am WAY glad for that martyrdom was done right with mw2 i would say

daniel2201
09-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Why not go back to the first killstreaks..
3 - UAV
5 - Airstike
7 - non controllable chopper

Instead of: "Nice 11 killstreak, here is a controllable chopper that gives you 15 more in 10 seconds!"

The Holy Nuke
09-04-2011, 12:18 PM
IW IS BSSSSSSSSSSS

THE Nakedgun
09-04-2011, 12:26 PM
How dying a lot without getting any kills make you a dominating player? x.x

:rolleyes:
IT doesn't and never will and you missed the point.
Kill streaks are the rewards for getting lots of kills in a row and the rewards often give you more, easier ways to get more kills thus feeding the cycle and keeping the dominating player at the top.

Kiarash
09-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Dead streaks are very small boosts. Are you comparing them with harriers, predator missile, and etc?

YOTRnc
09-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Why not go back to the first killstreaks..
3 - UAV
5 - Airstike
7 - non controllable chopper

Instead of: "Nice 11 killstreak, here is a controllable chopper that gives you 15 more in 10 seconds!"

I'll repeat what I said in a similar post:

What, so me and like 10 others in-game have to wait to see who gets their heli up before the other, and maybe not at all if you don't click fast enough? That's all CoD4 was. No thank you.

Luke1lh
09-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Painkiller isn't in so I'm good...

YellowTree
09-05-2011, 03:41 AM

Pf, if you're such a pro you should be able to deal with these noobs. In fact, I bet you will be using those death streaks more than you think.

Torchem
09-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Pf, if you're such a pro you should be able to deal with these noobs. In fact, I bet you will be using those death streaks more than you think.

Never said I was a pro. To have death streaks shows how newbie the game is so absolutely anybody can pick up and play. They advertise it for the casual gamer, hence for the newbie gamer. It doesn't take skill to play the MW series, just a good connection and reflexes. My kids can play and end up better then even K/D just walking around hip firing.

jnathus
09-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Never said I was a pro. To have death streaks shows how newbie the game is so absolutely anybody can pick up and play. They advertise it for the casual gamer, hence for the newbie gamer. It doesn't take skill to play the MW series, just a good connection and reflexes. My kids can play and end up better then even K/D just walking around hip firing.

I think MW lends itself to being as n00b friendly or as hardcore as you want it to be. There are plenty of people who aren't bothered at all by the deathstreaks, and almost everyone I see is using martyr (a highly ineffective deathstreak if you're killed by a rusher). There are weapons that take next to no skill to use and others that do. To me, the measure of a good player isn't the kills, but what they are killing with, and also their flexibility. Anyone can eventually become good with a certain type of weapon and class with enough practice, but it's those that have really fleshed out all the various approaches to the game that I think are the really 'pro' types. Although after you've managed that, I'd argue it's time to move on and find a new challenge.

For the record, I am by NO MEANS 'pro.'

crazy547
09-05-2011, 08:22 AM

Reason why people like the series is because, it's a pick up and play game. The way the game is meant to be and hey, the game is easy but it's fun dominating people.
The death streaks are anyway there toward help you if you suffer from an unlucky streak, btw. this isn't the first game to feature something for the casual's, there's the random crits in tf2... Just saying...

ConeOfSilence
09-05-2011, 08:46 AM
MW3 will have more streaks than ever, they should just go back to the roots of COD and have no streaks of any kind.

YellowTree
09-06-2011, 02:29 AM
MW3 will have more streaks than ever, they should just go back to the roots of COD and have no streaks of any kind.

COD2 still exists, you should play it. And yeah, COD is very noob friendly. Nothing wrong about that, it still has a lot of challenges for more experienced players. Getting a nuke is still rewarding imo.