PDA

View Full Version : Developer Mode (Cheats)

Lambert002
09-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Hello,

So my question is quite simple and straight-forward. There is apparently a developer mode (see. #1) in the game. But while running it with Steam this doesn't seem to work properly.

Is there any way to enable this - running the Steam version of the game or does perhaps the problem originate from something different say keyboard, operating system, etc.

While playing, hold [CTRL] + [SHIFT] + [O] + [E] and then press [H] to activate Developer mode. You can then press any of the following cheat keys.

1 - Give Next Rifle
2 - Give Next Handgun
5 - Give Gas Mask
6 - Give Explosives
7 - Intended Upgrade Attributes
8 - Add 1000 EXP
9 - Give Morphine
G - God Mode
N - Maximum Ammo for Current Weapon
M - Maximum Armor
X - Toggle Fly Mode
V - Toggle Visibility

_jema987
09-06-2011, 11:59 PM
It might only have been active during development for debugging. It would not take a lot of work to change a property to 'false' and then rebuild the game for release.

I think it uses Steam for DRM so that would make the Steam version the only version but I might be wrong.

Lambert002
09-07-2011, 11:07 AM
On other forums they mention that those in possession of the retail version were able to enter the above mentioned - as well as there being a readme file in the directory of the game with all this information in it.

So others have had it working. But I've heard of none using the Steam version of the game that got it to work.

Lambert002
09-08-2011, 01:36 PM
So i finally managed to find a work-around to this problem, if you so may. First let me just very brief mention why I was in this search of a cheat. I had managed to save myself in a checkpoint with only one single bullet in my gun, a timer counting down from two and a half minute as well as no means of acquiring any other weapon. There was no going back and infront of me I had 8 enemies, all alarmed and no way of sneaking up on them in the well lit area. The knife worked at no extend towards shotgun equiped soldiers and did I restart the mission I would on failure return to said spot.

But by the means of changing a file and lowering the amount of damage the NPC's could do I could skip my dilemma with great ease, the method used follows.

Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "difficulty.cfg" file in the "\Velvet Assassin\aio\" directory. Edit the various files as desired to change the game. For example, change the "NPCDamage = 1" to "NPCDamage = 0". You can also change the values in the "weapons.cfg" file in the same directory to adjust the weapons.

Barif
10-03-2011, 07:00 AM
So i finally managed to find a work-around to this problem, if you so may. First let me just very brief mention why I was in this search of a cheat. I had managed to save myself in a checkpoint with only one single bullet in my gun, a timer counting down from two and a half minute as well as no means of acquiring any other weapon. There was no going back and infront of me I had 8 enemies, all alarmed and no way of sneaking up on them in the well lit area. The knife worked at no extend towards shotgun equiped soldiers and did I restart the mission I would on failure return to said spot.

But by the means of changing a file and lowering the amount of damage the NPC's could do I could skip my dilemma with great ease, the method used follows.

Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "difficulty.cfg" file in the "\Velvet Assassin\aio\" directory. Edit the various files as desired to change the game. For example, change the "NPCDamage = 1" to "NPCDamage = 0". You can also change the values in the "weapons.cfg" file in the same directory to adjust the weapons.

Thanx mate! :)