PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Guillaume and co!

inspiral66
09-06-2011, 04:21 PM
I know it sounds cheesy, but having just completed the story mode I wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in bringing this great game to fruition, and particularly to Guillaume for listening to people on this forum and correcting any little bugs (of which there have been very few - if any - for the vast majority of us). It's a polished game and it's been a delight to play. Well done, guys.

Now, does anyone know of a poke to make Hellgate a teeny weeny bit easier, so I can get the only BTM and star I need for a full set...? :)

Kakujo
09-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Hear, hear!

-Kakujo

Sheepdude86
09-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Just jump up the left side right after the three lava drips drop simultaneously. I never had any problems with it. =)

inspiral66
09-07-2011, 02:35 AM
Just jump up the left side right after the three lava drips drop simultaneously. I never had any problems with it. =)

I have difficulty consistently jumping and changing direction in such a narrow space. My fingers get confused. Maybe I'm just too old and creaky? :)

My real gripe though is getting the box. I'd swear it's entirely down to luck if you can run under those rapid drips and out again, and do it consistently, time after time. There were many levels that made me struggle, but I knew that if I persisted I would finally get through them, with the box and the star. Hellsgate is different. I'm not sure I can do either task on this level and I really really hate it. It's not fun or challenging for me. But hey, this was meant to be a positive thread! And I still have many bonus levels to play so maybe my fingers will wise up with the extra practice.

ikluana
09-07-2011, 07:59 AM
I did the box in this way:
I was standing two field apart (so one free space between me and the lava drop, e.g. standing on the place of the box). I keep the drill button pressed and start running as soon as I see the lava drop falling. The distance and my reaction time made it work properly. (Perhaps you have to alter the distance in which you are standing or start running at another time, just be sure that you know when you start running, so that you can do it again ;) )
Ah if I stared too long at the lava dropping, I can't react properly anylonger so I take a good look out of the window and try to start running the 2nd/3rd drop I see. That worked better for me :)

Good luck with that :)

inspiral66
09-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks, ikluana. It took me about 50 deaths but I finally got the box. The first couple of times I got it I died on the way to the exit, but the third time...Yes! I just need to figure out how to get the star now and I'll be a happy bunny. :)

GuillaumeSSS
09-08-2011, 02:39 AM
Hey,

Thanks for the sweet words inspiral66!

Thanks for playing, for the support, for all!

And also a big up for crazy players like Sheepdude86, Pandarr and all the players on the forum who contribute and help each others!

You are blocking awesome!

Guillaume