PDA

View Full Version : The "is it worth it" thread

Silcrows
09-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Whats this game like? how is the game play etc, and is it worth the reduced price? any compatability issues etc?

EE_silencer
09-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Whats this game like? how is the game play etc, and is it worth the reduced price? any compatability issues etc?

same question here:cool:

inspiral66
09-07-2011, 10:25 AM
The global stats for the achievements sets the alarm bells ringing. 260 achievements, over 200 of which have been achieved by less than 1% of players. Either the multiplayer is completely dead or the game is insanely hard.

RaHLogiX
09-07-2011, 10:29 AM
first one, sadly

Savage1969
09-07-2011, 10:32 AM
It looks like it plays (very) similar to Crash Commando (PSN store title) which is fantastic but would have to agree with inspiral66 though. It wouldn't necessarily be good for sales but it would be bad-♥♥♥ if Steam displayed server player count info on each MP title's store page.

spartan0078
09-07-2011, 10:33 AM
It's all MP or bots. It was fun for a bit when my friend bought it but it wore out quickly. What I want to know is why is the 4 pack full price, yet single copy is 2 bucks?

Putts
09-07-2011, 10:42 AM
It's all MP or bots. It was fun for a bit when my friend bought it but it wore out quickly. What I want to know is why is the 4 pack full price, yet single copy is 2 bucks?

I've seen that happen before with daily deals, they usually fix the price of the 4 pack shortly afterward, so I would expect to see something similar happen here.

careface312
09-07-2011, 10:43 AM
To be honest if it didn't have a stupid amount of achievements I might have considered it. I'm fine with achievements being there for people who enjoy them, 260 is just overkill though..

Masacru
09-07-2011, 10:47 AM
To be honest if it didn't have a stupid amount of achievements I might have considered it. I'm fine with achievements being there for people who enjoy them, 260 is just overkill though..

nobody forces u to achieve em, besides playing and seeing the nice logo pop on a side with the achievement's name is fun.

I am wondering if the game is mp active D:

jorgemalgom
09-07-2011, 11:07 AM
I know this game mp is Dead so here is my question can i play and or getachievement playing witrch bots? are the bots included in the game or have I to install a mod or something?

Thanks in advance.

Craig234
09-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Is there a single-player part and is that worth getting?

kalmis
09-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Another Indie MP game. These tend to bit barren outside such deals/campaigns.

Steakface
09-07-2011, 12:27 PM
There are a couple major issues I found with Booster Trooper. First of all, it has serious performance issues. I couldn't believe how choppy it would get on a computer, while not bleeding edge by any means, has no problems running any recent AAA titles: Q9505 2.83GHz, 8 GB RAM, 9800 GTX+. If anything I should be able to tone down the graphics, but that doesn't help nearly enough to justify the loss of image quality. What makes it worse is that any drop in FPS in this game makes it very, very difficult to play.

Second of all, as people have noted here, the MP is dead and I found the bots (the only single player option) to be weak. They get hung up on parts of the arenas quite often. There are also no options to customize their behavior.

This game should have been a lot of fun, but I couldn't get past its issues. If you have a better setup than mine and are willing to play with bots, you might enjoy it.

detlik
09-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I dont understand one thing...(I didnt buy the game yet, but I most likely will). There are tons of people right now on the forum saying that MP is dead, etc. Why dont we share contacts or create game group and play together? That way MP wont be dead to us :)

I_Spy_A_Spy
09-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I dont understand one thing...(I didnt buy the game yet, but I most likely will). There are tons of people right now on the forum saying that MP is dead, etc. Why dont we share contacts or create game group and play together? That way MP wont be dead to us :)
great idea, or just make it f2p.

NC37
09-07-2011, 01:47 PM

Because as the other person stated, it wore out. Games with lackluster MP can wear out quickly. Would you rather play good MP game or something boring?

Mclaren7703
09-07-2011, 01:58 PM
I purchased this when it first came out (approx) and tried to enjoy it and tried to give feedback on bugs and what was wrong with it...

..but nothing could change the fact it is a horribly implemented game.

The UI will make you want to throw your controller/mouse at the monitor, the game gives terrible performance on a wide range of PC's, and the general gameplay gets boring quickly, hence why multiplayer is dead in the ♥♥♥.

PLEASE try the demo before you hand over money for this rubbish, even at $2 its silly not to try the demo first. Maybe one or two people will enjoy it, but I'd bet 95% of people will regret buying it like i did. I wanted this to be a fun game when i got it, but it just falls flat on its face in so many ways.

KDR_11k
09-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Meh, it's just not much fun even when it is working fine and played against people. Also the ♥♥♥♥ty Unreal Engine 3 netcode doesn't help.

0ktai
09-08-2011, 12:29 PM
PLEASE try the demo before you hand over money for this rubbish, even at $2 its silly not to try the demo first. Maybe one or two people will enjoy it, but I'd bet 95% of people will regret buying it like i did. I wanted this to be a fun game when i got it, but it just falls flat on its face in so many ways.

I have not played the demo and I had to read through your post before i bought this game. i thought it was something like turrican back from the amiga days, but this game is so %$"! .. not worth the 2 in my opinion. The sound is very annoying and gameplay feels very choppy. At least i could play on round in multiplayer.
Memo to myself: check feedback on steam forum and then deside to throw money out of the window