PDA

View Full Version : Just weighing in

dracovixen
09-07-2011, 01:05 PM
The original DeathSpank was an awesome thing with the tongue in cheek humor, the constant wackiness, and the smooth, polished gameplay and it made me happy. The sequel held much of that charm and kept me well entertained throughout.

This game...while it has some elements of the former two, it does seem to be somewhat...lacking in areas. Not enough witty humor, not enough banter/quests...far more hack and slash. Add in the lovely habit of the game crashing fairly regularly. (I've noticed a habit of it crashing anytime you leave the game window to do something else...which includes the occasional accidental click outside the game window...even in full screen mode when running with two monitors.)

This game, while enjoyable on some if it's own merits, is somewhat of a let down after the first two. It almost smacks of a game that was pushed out before it was ready. I'd love to see a prequel made (since there are tons of references to other adventures we still haven't seen) and have it come out a polished diamond, full of the wit and fun that made the other two so successful, but at this point, I fear I would have to wait until after it's released to purchase, due to the disappointment of this one.

There isn't even a nice storage chest to keep the most humorous items in to show your friends later. :(

Metro
09-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Game was made without Ron Gilbert so that would explain the lack of humor.

Marsbergen
09-08-2011, 03:44 PM
The first one is still my favourite. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy them all, but the first was something special.