PDA

View Full Version : Cheats in Apocalypse

InfiniVide
09-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I saw a previous thread about cheats and it stated that they were not really in the game that went to market. There were also links to some editors but I couldn't get any to work for me. I've used a hex editor to give money on UFO Defense and TFTD, but can I do this in Apocalypse as well?

georgejettison
09-11-2011, 10:57 PM
The other day I was playing apoc. and I was trying to transfer body armour between bases. After the transfer I was left with -1 body armours at one of the bases. The picture on the inventory screen was kind of blanked out and had a -1 below it.
Fearing that this might make the game even more flakey I went to the buy screen to try to buy a body armour. Instead of -1 the buy/sell screen said I had 65,500 plus body armours which I promptly sold for 27,000,000 plus dollars.
The 65,000 body armours remained in the buy/sell screen for the rest of the week and I suffered no repercussions. I was unable to repeat the phenomenon. However, a few days later the same thing happened with marsec flying suits. But there was 65,000 plus flying suits in two bases. I Kept 140 flying suits and sold the rest for 180,000,000 plus dollars. I was unable to keep them all in my storage space! Now I'm scared to transfer anything between bases that I dont want released to those scum sucking cultists etc.

Best regards
George.

PS. Dont get hurt!

NKF
09-12-2011, 12:33 AM
The 65,535 widget bug. Easily done with the small disrupter shield by transferring (or was it selling?) an unresearched small disrupter shield from the air vehicle menu, then doing it again from the ground vehicle menu so that you have exactly -1 or less in storage. Can be done with other items too. But as above, it seems like there's other ways it can occur as well.

Also, rest assured that what you sell on the market doesn't get distributed to any of the companies. That comes naturally with time and (your) score. Hoarding all tech for example doesn't do a thing to stop the enemy getting their hands on disruptors for example.

- NKF

DARK_Overfiend
09-12-2011, 06:16 AM
xcom apocalypse midnight editor for windows. use to work for me. when i used to play Xcom Apoc on the original retail copy before steam introduced copies of the Xcom Apoc.:D

Using the Program Below Modifies the Saved Game Files of you're game, Use at your own Risk.
http://devisraad.com/xcom/mexcomap.zip