PDA

View Full Version : tournament/duels

Sometime
09-07-2011, 05:00 PM
OK maybe I am a useless player for this game but heck, I am persisting so I am getting enjoyment out of it in some way :)

My question, how come does the whole quickbar change completely the minute you start a duel or a tournament. The fight starts immediately so you do not even have time to work out what the 'new' quickbar actually contains! I get killed all the time and hate the duels/tournaments. Can a person actually ignore those and play the game successfully without them?

PS I anyhow hate the idea of harming the other contestants, after all the poor suckers are just doing the same I am, just looking for the sickle. Kind of live and let live. I feel sorry for them

Barsby
09-08-2011, 05:15 PM
If you opt into trying a practice fight from the tournament guy you can use that time to see what the tournament skills do.
Of course, it hasn't helped me. I was eliminated in the second round, in my first tournament.

kovi_cz
09-13-2011, 11:31 PM
You can learn some basic information about Arena in the game manual (pages 22 - 24) but as Barsby wrote it is best to run a few training rounds. A great deal of luck comes into play during Arena fights but you can always reload your position from before the tournament starts. And you can also ignore them completely if you want to, you will lose some favour of your God but that is all.