PDA

View Full Version : Is it a port?

PTD_DNF
09-07-2011, 06:17 PM
I played the demo on xbox today, it was very fun and controlled well for the most part. There were some sensitivity issues when placing buildings though.

Was wondering if there have been many game break bugs, or if there are any control issues on kb/m.

Chucrute
09-07-2011, 06:28 PM
No technical problems here. Controls are fine too. You can remap your keys and there's several graphical options to tweak to your liking. About the game itself, it's amazingly good.

Omiyage
09-07-2011, 10:16 PM
It's not only not a port, it has some awesome rarely seen pc features like splitscreen multiplayer.

Darakin
09-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Pretty sure it is a port... but its a decent port.

And more importantly its a fun game.
The split screen kinda reminds me of a game I had for c64 called Trailblazer.. you play as a ball in that game aswell =)

Chumm
09-07-2011, 11:08 PM
From what I've experienced mouse control is ported horribly if you have a high DPI mouse. With camera rotation turned completely down I still have to reduce DPI on the mouse significantly to make rolling mode playable, and when doing so the cursor in build mode becomes impossibly slow, forcing me to switch DPI between modes.

LennardF1989
09-07-2011, 11:37 PM
It's not a port. The game is made for both Xbox360 and PC at the same time, that's the power of Unreal Engine! I imagine it has exactly the same code-base at its absolute game-core with some minor tweaks to make it work on both platforms.

Stop trying to shove games inside a specific category. Not all titles get the privilege of being "a port" (pun intended).

MultiVaC
09-08-2011, 12:27 AM
If it is a port, it's a pretty nice one. I haven't had any technical issues so far and it plays really well with mouse and keyboard. The menus are nice to use with the mouse, too, there's no sign of controller navigation leftovers.

SweatyGremlinz
09-08-2011, 12:49 AM
the game works better with mouse & keyboard, especially when putting defense towers up etc

Centy
09-08-2011, 03:01 AM
It feels like a PC game all the right things are there.

The one thing I would really love is to be able to use the mouse and keyboard in the strategy view but the pad to control the boulder. I can't get used to that delayed camera swing though turning mouse smoothing off did help a little.