PDA

View Full Version : HD 6670

SHOCKS
09-08-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm finally upgrading my computer to play this game and I wondering if a HD 6670 would be a good card to run this game on max or high settings with a smooth frame rate. I know it hasn't come out yet but I thinking of getting it because it's cheap. I know I'll be able to play it, just will it be good enough for max/high settings?

Don't say get a GTX 560 or some other expensive card, I'm also buying a quad core so I don't wanna spend loads on just a graphics card.

fuv
09-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm finally upgrading my computer to play this game and I wondering if a HD 6670 would be a good card to run this game on max or high settings with a smooth frame rate. I know it hasn't come out yet but I thinking of getting it because it's cheap. I know I'll be able to play it, just will it be good enough for max/high settings?

Don't say get a GTX 560 or some other expensive card, I'm also buying a quad core so I don't wanna spend loads on just a graphics card.

Well which makes the most sense to you

1. Buy a graphics card / cpu
2. Wait for game to come out
3. See if it's quick enough for the resolution / settings you are happy with

or

1. Wait for the game to come out
2. Read sites / forums etc showing the performance
3. Buy a graphics card / cpu you'll know is quick enough for the resolution / settings you want

?

miseryguts
09-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Well i am by no means an expert, but i expect to be able to play this at 1920x1200 max/high detail on an oc 1GB HD 5870, which has served me very well up till now (will hopefully cope with similar settings on Battlefield 3 too)

YingYangYong
09-16-2011, 12:29 PM
A Quad CPU + HD 66xx makes no sense at all IMO, the graphics card will be a major bottleneck, unless you do other CPU bound work such as rendering.

The HD 66xx is an entry level gaming card. My advice is spend a little more and get the older but faster HD 5830 for almost the same price.

http://www.hwcompare.com/10723/radeon-hd-5830-vs-radeon-hd-6670-oem/

Foulplay
09-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Well he may be buying a fairly cheap quad core, in which case he doesn't have to care that the GPU may act as a potential bottleneck.

Lots of people are buying 8GB RAM now too, because it's dirt cheap, not because they will actually make decent use of it.

At least if the CPU is more advanced than the graphics card its easier to sell the card and eventually upgrade, than to find your next gfx card upgrade hamstrung because your CPU is slow.

Anyway, regarding RAGE's performance, its been heavily optimised so it can run well and look decent on the consoles, the specs for the game are relatively low compared to other PC titles so I imagine you will probably be able to run on high rather than ultra but up to a point you do benefit more by having a more powerful GPU than a more powerful CPU.

Omnigoose
09-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Get a GTX 560ti or some other expensive card.

Of course you could always cheap out every 6 months when a new game comes out, and end up paying a lot more in the long run.

Same goes for the CPU - why cheap out?

You could either go totally cheap and grab an APU from AMD (3850) which is a quad-core and 'discrete' gpu within the same chip (They run around $140) OR you could look into the new bulldozer 8 cores from AMD ($266 is pretty cheap), and a 580/90 and be set for quite a long time for still a reasonable amount of money. On the other hand if you have tons of cash to throw around then Intel is releasing new chips which will be very expensive.

I'd say if you are on a budget it may be worth lookjing into those APU's which apparently work very well.

NukeDukem
09-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Just get yourself a Radeon HD 6990 and call it a day.

mudflaps
09-24-2011, 10:21 AM
5770 is a good strong card. you can get a 6870 on ebay for under 100 euro