PDA

View Full Version : do I have a copy of this on my steam?

Rich-UK
09-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Hey there everyone, RO2 player here. I dont think I ever had the first one, but I just looked in my "tools" section of steam for downloads and it has a "Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45" is this a mod for the original Red Orchestra or does it run stand alone.

also does anyone know if I buy the old red orchestra if it will still consider me as a RO veteren in RO2, if I buy before the release?

Thanks for the help!

Kaboom
09-09-2011, 12:02 PM
If you go on the Red Orchestra 2 store page it will say 20% off if you already baught Red Orchestra 1 on steam.

It sometimes says 10% off though even if you have the Red Orchestra 1 in your games list if it does this restart steam. if you think you already have Red Orchesta 1 it will be in your games list as Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45.

Wardiaper
09-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Not sure about the tools section having red orchestra in it - mine does also. Maybe you are right about it being the original mod.

I have 2 accounts. The first account I have had a copy of RO1 for a few years and the second account I just bought a copy a little more than a week ago. If you bought RO1 first, you got the 20% discount for RO2, so you basically got RO1 free. Then I bought 2 copies of RO2 for myself and a family member to LAN play.

As far as being an RO1 veteran in RO2, I believe (but I could be drunk) that if you bought RO1 before RO2 and got the discount, even if it was 1 day before release of RO2, that you were considered a veteran as far as the early unlocked weapons and 2 badges as extras for veterans. I'm away from the computer with my newer purchase of RO1, so I couldn't say for a fact that account got the veteran items (not sure how to verify that fact anyway).

So, you may have done it backwards (RO2 before RO1), when in reality you deserve a 'free' copy of RO1 and veteran status just for paying full price for RO2 and not getting the discount by buying RO1 first.

Okay, I think I got that all straight. Hope it was of some help. I guess at worst you could ask Valve to return your purchase so you could buy RO1 first and then RO2 with the 20% discount. Not sure if they would just give you RO1 (although they really should if you paid full price for RO2 because anyone can do that by buying RO1 and then RO2 at 20% off in that order for the price of RO2 alone).

EDIT - Kaboom mentioned above the 10% or 20% discount. Store page says 10% for everyone, 20% for owners of RO1.

Rich-UK
09-09-2011, 04:29 PM
thanks for the replies, i guess i didnt really take notice of exactly how much % i got off when I bought RO2. I cant remember buying ost front either though, too many games in my list and bought one or two in specials that I never played. :confused: but its in tools, so I assumed If I bought it would it go into the uninstalled section? also had my steam account for years so its a long way back to remember. :)

ill just shoot a mail over to support to see what they say before i buy anything else.

Wardiaper
09-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Did you check your regular games list? Click on 'view' and 'small mode.' Make sure it does NOT say 'installed' at the top right corner. It should say 'all games.' If RO1 is in that list it should let you install from there. Not sure what the tool version of RO1 is.

Rich-UK
09-10-2011, 07:41 AM
nah its not in "all games" its in the tools section. but all it says is Red Orchestra: ost front 41-45 (doesnt say SDK or anything). and its about 381mb

Wardiaper
09-10-2011, 12:57 PM
nah its not in "all games" its in the tools section. but all it says is Red Orchestra: ost front 41-45 (doesnt say SDK or anything). and its about 381mb

The one in my games list is 2050 mb. Because this is starting to bug me, I went ahead and installed the one in the tools section at 381 mb. Turns out this is what it does -

"Steam error. This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time."

I do have unreal tournament 2004 installed in case that was the original mod, so not sure what this is. Oh well, uninstalled.

Rich-UK
09-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Maybe its just a mod I did try the unreal free weekend once, but I didnt buy it. probably that.

UberTrevor
09-10-2011, 02:31 PM
I don't own Red Orchestra One and haven't downloaded any mods. It says the same here, it's about one GB and I downloaded it but it doesn't work :S