PDA

View Full Version : Entity [func_breakable_surf] has unused keyvalue "error"

FredWPx
09-11-2011, 03:48 AM
This error keeps showing up whenever I check for map problems. It doesn't affect the map at all in anyway, but my perfectionism annoys me about it being there.

When I fix it, the error doesn't come back on rechecking for problems, however, when I save the map, it comes back.

When I manually remove the error entry, it will complain about another value of func_breakable_surf.

I assume this is a Hammer issue, but still I can't help but feeling bothered about it. Is there anyway to hack around this? Achieve the same results as func_breakable_surf (exactly the same, func_breakable is not exactly the same), without having to deal with this quirk permanently within the map itself? So that it doesn't occur for people who make derived versions of the map either.

Dreizehn
09-11-2011, 06:03 AM
I get this error mostly when using overlays or decals.
Compare the object's properties before and after fixing.
There should be a difference. But as it causes no problems I never investigated that much into it.

FredWPx
09-11-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm modifying a vmt file that is a few years old.

It seems it was related to the date of the file. I select the func_breakable_surf and perform Control + T on it, and then selecting no so it gets a fresh new start. I then reconfigure the custom properties into it, and it no longer happens.

EDIT: Never mind, it didn't seem to fix it.