PDA

View Full Version : Petition to Add TF2 Promo Items to the Preorder

galvatron3000
09-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Its pretty simple, quite a number of members in the community have been asking to see Serious Sam 3 include some items for TF2, either because:

a) Some would like to see some SS mechanics in TF2 weapons
b) Some get a fuzzy feeling when they get to use items that show how much they like the series
c) Its just plain fun to get a buncha hats and weapons with your favorite game

So, just post if you would like it to happen, I personally wouldnt mind paying a bit extra, because, until now, the deluxe edition isnt really getting my full interest

WelshJester
09-11-2011, 09:10 AM
isn't it a waste of money to buy a game just for hats for another game? it wouldn't surprise me if people actually do that.

SnarKs
09-11-2011, 01:54 PM
13 posts in the other thread, doesnt sound like a lot of people really want it to me. >.>

I dont think we really needed a petition thread for this. If anything it should have been posted on the TF2 forums, heh. But I think if Croteam is interested they would talk to valve, kinda like what Uber Entertainment did with monday night combat.

MADDOGGE
09-11-2011, 02:22 PM
I hope they don't waste their time on crap like this. They have a game to finish. They ain't got time for this BS.

akaSM
09-11-2011, 05:17 PM
I personally wouldnt mind paying a bit extra, because, until now, the deluxe edition isnt really getting my full interest

Same here. Yes, I'll eventually get the game but, I would pay for it right now if it had stuff I could use in another game.

isn't it a waste of money to buy a game just for hats for another game? it wouldn't surprise me if people actually do that.

Hat Fortress 2 isn't just about the teams...no wait...argh

I just want to have stuff from a game series I like, in a game I play. Personally, I wouldn't be wasting money by pre-purchasing the game for some extra in-game stuff (for SS: BFE and TF2), that money would go towards a company that has listened to it's customers TWICE! (or more times) :D if they add TF2 stuff, they added split screen because the fans wanted it so, IMHO, that would be well deserved money for them :)

Iconoclast XVII
09-11-2011, 05:27 PM
If they do add that ♥♥♥♥ to this game, I'm not buying it.

galvatron3000
09-11-2011, 06:25 PM
13 posts in the other thread, doesnt sound like a lot of people really want it to me. >.>

I dont think we really needed a petition thread for this. If anything it should have been posted on the TF2 forums, heh. But I think if Croteam is interested they would talk to valve, kinda like what Uber Entertainment did with monday night combat.

Check Seriouszone, that's what I meant by community, not this desolate forum space.

I hope they don't waste their time on crap like this. They have a game to finish. They ain't got time for this BS.

Thats definitely not how TF2 items are made. Here's how its done, the company gets permission from Valve, then the fans and graphic artists design the models for the guns, the particle effects and the kill pics, plus some extra help from Valve yet again in pasting it up.

Yet again, I'll politely redirect you to Seriouszone, the guys over there have been on it for quite some time

Here's a pic for the lazy ones:
http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j362/galvatron3000/TF2%20-%20Serious%20Sam%203%20BFE%20Items/ShotgunImportTest.png

galvatron3000
09-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I just want to have stuff from a game series I like, in a game I play. Personally, I wouldn't be wasting money by pre-purchasing the game for some extra in-game stuff (for SS: BFE and TF2), that money would go towards a company that has listened to it's customers TWICE! (or more times) :D if they add TF2 stuff, they added split screen because the fans wanted it so, IMHO, that would be well deserved money for them :)

I haven't heard a better reason for something to be done than this one, in a long time.... :D

Terepin
09-12-2011, 03:40 AM
No.

Next!

Cunin
09-12-2011, 06:34 PM

I sadly know someone who does that :/

ChrisW
09-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm sure Croteam would not care if a bunch of people purchased their game just to get a TF2 hat.

leveller
09-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I've only come to the forums to say almost exactly the same as OP! I was reading a few news items this morning and a few about SS3, which reminded me yet again of my thoughts as to why I am nt pre-ordering, or even buying until SS3 hits the Xmas sale, more likely.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Serious Sam games. The mindless killing is a great escape and the muscle memory and twitching reflexes make a welcome break from the usual FPS's. But I'm disappointed in the pre-order deal.

I wasn't going to buy DEHR, and in a lot of ways I wish I hadn't until they had fixed some of the more problematic bugs that are making the game unbearable for the few of us. But the offer of those pre-order items played on my mind for a short while and eventually I developed a Golem personality issue, and while clicking the buy button I uttered the words "my preciousssssss".

I was won over by the items. Sad, but true.

I am surprised that CroTeam haven't taken advantage of the excellent marketing opportunity ... I would have pre-ordered the game for items. The current in game item is so ... non-descript that it means nothing to me! Maybe 4 or more in-game unique items may have persuaded me to buy it ... maybe some items spread over a few games. A Portal 2 exclusive, and TF2 exclusive, and a couple of SS3 items ... or better still 8 items ... shiny ... 16 items ... my ... preciousssssssss!

But no. I feel I can wait. I have a load of games right now. the pre-order deal isn't a must-have. Waiting ....

Suhov
09-13-2011, 12:15 AM
TF2 Heavy's minigun -> SS classic minigun. Easy to do and fans are happy.

Symbiotic
09-13-2011, 12:14 PM
While I think the whole item system is dumb, it would definitely be decent publicity for Serious Sam 3 if Team Fortress 2 exclusives were included with the pre-order. There are indeed Team Fortress 2 nuts that will buy anything to complete their item collection, and even those that aren't like that may be interested if the item(s) sparks their interest.

Little K
09-13-2011, 12:14 PM
No.

Next!

This!

fakiyo
09-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Sams minigun for the heavy.

MUST HAVE SHINY GUN!

Leo_The_Fox
09-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Well, TF2 promos would make me buy this instantly, as someone else said, I'm waiting for the christmass sale

Lord Gremlin
09-15-2011, 01:21 PM
This. God, this TF2 game is horrible BTW. I guess to each his own, but I personally hated it. Played like 2 hours when it became free.

Leo_The_Fox
09-15-2011, 01:23 PM
This. God, this TF2 game is horrible BTW. I guess to each his own, but I personally hated it. Played like 2 hours when it became free.

There is your problem

asdfzxc920
09-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Not sure if serious.

Play Man
09-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Serious Sam TF2 items would be nice.

Foey
09-18-2011, 09:16 PM
I will cancel my preorder and won't buy this if they add TF2 items. Keep TF2 in its pathetic gaming ghetto and stop letting it pollute everything else.

akaSM
09-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Ok, lets be seriuous here (pun not intended), why is there such an irrational HATe of hats here? I mean there've been (silly, IMHO) threats of preorder cancelling if TF2 hats (actually, weapons but yeah TF2=hats or whatever) are added as a promotion

Fine, you HATe TF2, so what? You'll never get to see a single hat in SS: BFE, do you know why?

The hats would be for another game, a game you HATe so much you don't play, or even have installed so...

People who want the hats will get them and enjoy them

You (the hat hater) won't be affected because
you don't even play TF2

So yeah, stop HATing, enjoy the game and avoid hats/TF2/whatever the kool kidz do, like the plague.

insanefred
09-20-2011, 12:55 PM
A big no, it would be dumb to promote TF2 through SS3.

leveller
09-20-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm happy to have Serious Sam items, preferably tradable. Just not 1 pointless Fork Parker model or whatever it is. :confused:

ChrisW
09-21-2011, 12:27 AM
A big no, it would be dumb to promote TF2 through SS3.
It would be promoting SS3 through TF2.

insanefred
09-21-2011, 12:42 AM
It would be promoting SS3 through TF2.

It depends on how you look at it. Imagine you saw TF2 ad on every store game page. Who's promoting who then?

ChrisW
09-21-2011, 11:32 AM
It depends on how you look at it. Imagine you saw TF2 ad on every store game page. Who's promoting who then?
The way I see it is people playing TF2 will see the SS3 item/weapon and ask where they got it. They will then check out the SS3 store page and perhaps purchase the game. It is like free advertising inside TF2.

EvilDeadFan
09-21-2011, 03:39 PM
I could see it happening and I would be happy, I'm gonna pre order the deluxe edition near the start of october anyway, plenty of time.

asdfzxc920
09-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Most SS3 players have heard of TF2.

Most TF2 players have not heard of SS3.

Polantaris
09-24-2011, 04:46 PM

Actually...
I heard a lot of people pre-ordered Deus Ex when it got TF2 promo items so...there goes your logic.

galvatron3000
09-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Actually...
I heard a lot of people pre-ordered Deus Ex when it got TF2 promo items so...there goes your logic.

You made my day :D

edichez
09-25-2011, 06:32 AM
I really hope they do this, I love SS series, and I already pre-ordered it,and I love TF2, if they add maybe the double guns for the spy, the lazer gun for the heavy, the shotgun for the scout, I dont really know, I would just be happy Ill get something extra apart from an (I hope) amazing game.

leveller
09-28-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm still waiting for items !!!

Money ready to pre-order SS3, just need that incentive ;)

Badwan
09-30-2011, 08:21 AM
already pre-ordered,would love tf2 items tho :)

galvatron3000
09-30-2011, 10:50 AM
SS3 Release date set to November 22 Cmon guys, add some TF2 items! I want another reason to preorder!

Amy
09-30-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't mind. Actually i would like that. To help Croteam and maybe it will the best way to put the last serious nail on the Duke Nukem coffin.

And a lot of people will discover an awesome game at the same time.

arisaka
09-30-2011, 07:36 PM

You're not going to buy a game because purely cosmetic items from an award winning free to play game come with it? That you don't have to use? :confused:

Batandy
10-08-2011, 10:41 AM
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/6930/seriousbombs.png
Doin' some items right now, boys

FelixZay
10-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I don't play TF2, so the only way the items would benefit me would be if they wound up in such high demand that I could trade them for delicious games.

so it's meh either way for me

BarneyStinson
10-08-2011, 01:43 PM
If they keep delaying it they should have more than enough time to slap some items together.

Tr!cky
10-08-2011, 10:46 PM
I would like to see Serious Bomb in some way either crazy hat or clothing in TF2.

See my newest video Sam vs Duke - One Liners (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ean317JRUk&feature=player_embedded)

Batandy
10-09-2011, 12:34 AM
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/1430/seriousbombssoldier.png
Alright, compiled the bombs ingame.It's possible to do the equalizer taunt with them

Symbiotic
10-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Alright, compiled the bombs ingame.It's possible to do the equalizer taunt with them
Looking good!

Play Man
10-11-2011, 02:29 AM

"Lumbricus Lid for 2 refined!"

In other words, I won't be needing my Lumbricus Lid anymore if these bombs get added to the game.

Sedinus
10-11-2011, 02:48 PM
It's possible to do the equalizer taunt with them

And 'disassembly' everyone in the line of sight? :]

Suhov
10-12-2011, 12:29 AM

Looking good but Equlizer taunt with them should kill everyone on the server to be serious, so unlikelly Valve allow to do that.

Batandy
10-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Well, it's possible to do the equalizer taunt,and sadly it can't do what you said,LOL.

Play Man
10-13-2011, 12:12 AM

Is it a misc item? Or do these come with a hat?

ardosos
10-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Those Serious Bombs, are they official or fanmade? They are really good.

Batandy
10-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Fanmade.But i've e-mailed devolver and croteam, we'll see...
They are a misc item.
And also, my new work
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5864/seriousminigun.png

galvatron3000
10-15-2011, 07:42 AM
They are a misc item.
And also, my new work

Once again, just awesome!

Polantaris
10-15-2011, 10:49 PM
There's some new Submission tool in TF2 that you could use too. Might make Valve interested, they might not even have the idea in their heads at the moment. Not like you can expect them to read EVERY forum here.

Play Man
10-16-2011, 02:38 AM
They are a misc item.
And also, my new work

Now THIS is a nice weapon...

galvatron3000
10-16-2011, 07:10 AM
There's some new Submission tool in TF2 that you could use too. Might make Valve interested, they might not even have the idea in their heads at the moment. Not like you can expect them to read EVERY forum here.

Unfortunately, its not legal to submit concepts from other games into the Steam Workshop.

Dont worry though, he's already submited his incredible designs to Croteam and Developer according to his post in Seriouszone.

Now we only have to cross our fingers. If Witcher 2 and Killing Floor got items some time after they were announced, so can Serious Sam!

leveller
10-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Everyone that agrees with the thread should rank it 5 stars so that it sticks out more to other like-minded game-item collectors!

My money is still in my pocket ...

Give me itemsssssssssssss!

galvatron3000
10-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Everyone that agrees with the thread should rank it 5 stars so that it sticks out more to other like-minded game-item collectors!

My money is still in my pocket ...

Give me itemsssssssssssss!

Done!! Same thoughts here! Though I already preordered, couldnt resist much more :D

leveller
10-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Done!! Same thoughts here! Though I already preordered, couldnt resist much more :D

Have some reputation points for showing your solidarity in these times of economic hardship and lack of items!

;)

galvatron3000
10-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Have some reputation points for showing your solidarity in these times of economic hardship and lack of items!

;)

Same to you!

nabokovfan87
10-17-2011, 12:43 PM
They already updated TF2 into a completely different game, seriously, not EVERYTHING needs hats.

galvatron3000
10-17-2011, 03:17 PM
They already updated TF2 into a completely different game, seriously, not EVERYTHING needs hats.

Who's talking about hats? Serious Sam wears NO hats!

Batandy appears to be making Sam's weapons and misc items based on the series. Who doesnt want to use his minigun or his rocket launcher?

galvatron3000
10-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Also, Batandy, not sure if this is possible, but I was wondering if you could make Sam's new Desert Eagle or his Melee Gloves for the Spy? They seem really compatible with his gameplay mechanics..

I was thinking about an idea I read somewhere in the TF2 forums. Instead of the Spy's knife or its variations, a pair of gloves such as Sams that allow the Spy to both kill the enemy from any angle besides backs and maintain his disguise.

Said move would come at the cost of requiring several seconds to perform, while leaving the Spy in a choking position that is pretty much obvious to identify.

Concerning the beautiful Minigun you're creating, Im not sure about its name (we'll leave it to you ;) ) but a certain idea comes to mind. Since it seems cool having a Sam-related effect, how about this:

For every enemy kill, extra bonuses are unlocked, making the Heavy player strive for killing as much as possible while receiving a certain health penalty

3% extra of faster spin-up time, damage bonus and chance to slow the target per kill up to a limit.

Not sure if this idea catches your fancy Batandy, but if it does (or a modified version of it) please include it in your letters to Croteam/Valve.

Thanks

DeathNimrod
11-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Its pretty simple, quite a number of members in the community have been asking to see Serious Sam 3 include some items for TF2, either because:

a) Some would like to see some SS mechanics in TF2 weapons
b) Some get a fuzzy feeling when they get to use items that show how much they like the series
c) Its just plain fun to get a buncha hats and weapons with your favorite game

So, just post if you would like it to happen, I personally wouldnt mind paying a bit extra, because, until now, the deluxe edition isnt really getting my full interest

No just no, too many hat♥♥♥♥ on TF2 already, that game is a game to get hats now, leave SS alone.

galvatron3000
11-13-2011, 07:09 PM
No just no, too many hat♥♥♥♥ on TF2 already, that game is a game to get hats now, leave SS alone.

A bit late to the party eh?

Batandy already made the designs for possible promo items, and the Seriouszone community liked them, its up to Croteam now. Also consider that more publicity wouldn't hurt their sales.

leveller
11-13-2011, 10:13 PM
A bit late to the party eh?

Batandy already made the designs for possible promo items, and the Seriouszone community liked them, its up to Croteam now. Also consider that more publicity wouldn't hurt their sales.

Yeah,don't believe the hype. Everytime I pay TF2 I have great games with people interested in the game. Getting a random drop during the game is a sweet bonus. The items have made it more interesting and extended its enjoyment and extended the life of the game.

MADDOGGE
11-14-2011, 06:46 AM
This. God, this TF2 game is horrible It is now imo, but you should have played it before they ruined it with all this crap. It was fun then. Now it's nothing but a flea market:(.

leveller
11-14-2011, 07:11 AM
It is now imo, but you should have played it before they ruined it with all this crap. It was fun then. Now it's nothing but a flea market:(.

Rubbish. The game is just as good, in fact - better, now than when it was first released. But then you can't please all the people ...

RaranTroff
11-14-2011, 07:44 AM
Its SS3 who cares about useless hats and other crap. TF2 is honestly not worth even playing now at the price of free. SS3 debasing itself to appeal to the Hat Fortress 2 crowd would be beneath itself and Sam would not approve.

Back before hats, a million different weapon updates, and micro transactions TF2 was a good game. Was is the key word there.

MADDOGGE
11-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Rubbish. The game is just as good, in fact - better, now than when it was first released. But then you can't please all the people ...No, in fact its not! It's a pos now. Oh my God, we have a difference in opinion here. How will the world ever survive different people having different opinions on a particular game. I and many others are more than happy to leave this pile of reeking manure to those of you that like it this way.;)

leveller
11-14-2011, 08:17 AM
No, in fact its not! It's a pos now. Oh my God, we have a difference in opinion here. How will the world ever survive different people having different opinions on a particular game. I and many others are more than happy to leave this pile of reeking manure to those of you that like it this way.;)

Whoa stop there kitten. You are the one who is crying about a few items added to TF2 ... be strong, just play the game and ignore the items! OMG idea!! ;)

insanefred
11-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Whoa stop there kitten. You are the one who is crying about a few items added to TF2 ... be strong, just play the game and ignore the items! OMG idea!! ;)

umm, no.

If you like TF2 the way it is, good for you, but just don't include SS3 in it.

It sounds like you're just mad that you won't get a stupid SS3 hat.

Chiatroll
11-14-2011, 09:33 AM

how does that make sense? It doesn't effect the game serious sam if you get a hat.

I don't play TF2 at all. I like when games include TF2 items though because I am not an idiot and understand that I can trade these useless extras for actual games with people who really want TF2 items.

I will buy serious sam. I'm on the fence about pre ordering.

TF2 items would tip the fence to a definite pre order because of the trade value.

leveller
11-14-2011, 10:18 AM
umm, no.

If you like TF2 the way it is, good for you, but just don't include SS3 in it.

It sounds like you're just mad that you won't get a stupid SS3 hat.

... don't include TF2 items in the pre-order of SS3?! Because? Because it ruins TF2?! Which already has items therefore cannot be any worse than it is now? Or because adding TF2 items in the pre-order of SS3 ruins SS3?! Really?

Riiiiiiight. I can see you have your thinking cap on.

And side note. I don't care, it isn't a drama, unlike the TF2 hat/item haters drama. But if the items were there I'd have pre-ordered it by now. I have plenty of games to be getting on with and a WoW addiction to feed. That's how much I care. But seeing as this thread is for fun ... go ahead and have some! There's a plan, hey kid?

how does that make sense? It doesn't effect the game serious sam if you get a hat.

I don't play TF2 at all. I like when games include TF2 items though because I am not an idiot and understand that I can trade these useless extras for actual games with people who really want TF2 items.

I will buy serious sam. I'm on the fence about pre ordering.

TF2 items would tip the fence to a definite pre order because of the trade value.

Yesssss! Some common-sense! Have some rep ++

PostalDude
11-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Serious Sam doesn't need lousy promo items to sell itself. It has Serious Sam to sell Serious Sam.

Batandy
11-20-2011, 01:43 AM
Serious Sam has a very small community.Adding tf2 items would make atleast 25% of the tf2 community discover the game.If they don't like it they'll not buy it, tf2 nerds will buy it just for the items, and some people will check the gameplay to buy it for the game AND the items.Croteam is a small, nearly indie team, and some extra money wouldn't hurt, so they can continue making this awesome games and improve them

flashn00b
11-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Although I am apathetic to this, I am convinced that it would be the logical thing to do due to Serious Sam 3 sharing the same release as Arkham City.

edichez
11-20-2011, 04:07 PM
I hope they do it, I love all the SS games, and I love TF2.