PDA

View Full Version : Improvement suggestions?

henri_NG
09-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Since there has been alot of good ideas and comments about possible improvements for the game, it would be great to get it all under one thread so we can efficiently read and apply them to the game.

So, any improvement suggestions? :)

hvlaikyr
09-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Hud Scaling for sure, the text size could definitely use a boost when playing on high resolutions.

It would be great to be able to see more ship variants in the game. Maybe not so much ship variants and more of them, as more distinct and pronounced player-ships. A legendary Ship of the Line, would be a great catch, im thinking Pirates! type rarity, where if you see one, you b-line for it and hope to god you can capture it with your catapulted sailor scallywag(i've yet to land him successfully). Although that's not really a improvement, thats like a content patch(which i'm all for).

Ocean-stage auto-nav would be handy as well. Click the map and the ships sets sail for where you click without any other input required.

I'm sure lots more will come up.

Gabbysdad
10-11-2011, 08:55 AM
I tried to capture a ship, and got on it one time. But I did not capture, I keep trying, But can't get on again. Please Help....:confused:

lordofterror
10-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I tried to capture a ship, and got on it one time. But I did not capture, I keep trying, But can't get on again. Please Help....:confused:
the best way to capture ships as i found out is similar to catching a pokemon :D take the ship health to the minimum and then launch to catch.

on the game suggestions , would be great if there was a way to lower the resolutions more :( my poor laptop runs the game at a fixed 16fps.

game wise , would have been great if there were online sea battles, the bots are getting too easy.

SOGRaWmEat
10-12-2011, 07:38 AM
See my thread

Stexred
10-19-2011, 12:43 PM
extra achievements such as
sink 25 french ships etc

PhilTheAlmighty
02-25-2012, 12:11 AM
I got a lot of suggestions mostly when you're not on a ship:

1. The unit selection is terrible. In a battle you can't select a single unit to move it back you have to select the whole group.

2.On ground you should allow us to unzoom more or put a godamn map because thats really a pain in the ♥♥♥ to look where you're going in these large maps.

3. Make unit regeneration faster because thats the only way i got able to finish the first 3 chapters of the DLC since all units are really weak (even your hero) and depending on your luck you might not get a lot of grog.

4. Allow saves when not on a ship.

5. And the thing that frustrated me the most, make the chapter 4 freakin possible to finish. The fight for the last shipwreck is impossible even if you didnt lose a single unit before getting there.