PDA

View Full Version : Is LIMBO a scary game?

steven88
09-13-2011, 02:44 AM
Okay call me a pu$$y or chicken...whatever you want, but I'm just not into scary games...Dead Space, Fear, that kinda stuff I won't be playing, thats for sure. And certainly no Amnesia.

Now onto my real question. Do you think I'll be able to handle LIMBO? I don't mind gore, I don't mind blood....heck, I guess you can say I handled Fallout 3 and NV just fine...if you want to consider those Yao Guais popping behind you scary...or those plant humans rising from that vault...so do you think I'll be able to handle it?

GwJumpman
09-13-2011, 01:37 PM
No, it's not a scary game. There can be moments where you jump a bit, but it's not 'scary'. There's just surprises sometimes.

steven88
09-13-2011, 01:37 PM
so would you say, if I can handle Fallout 3 & NV, then I should be able to handle Limbo?

Jjssonicfan
09-13-2011, 06:31 PM
so would you say, if I can handle Fallout 3 & NV, then I should be able to handle Limbo?

Fist of all, I am pretty sure Fallout 3 & NV are not even close to scary games.

Second, I did get my fair surprises throughout LIMBO which made me jump, but nothing compared to ATDD :p

So yes, you should be fine.

steven88
09-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Fist of all, I am pretty sure Fallout 3 & NV are not even close to scary games.

Second, I did get my fair surprises throughout LIMBO which made me jump, but nothing compared to ATDD :p

So yes, you should be fine.

lol, yeah i know fallout 3 and NV are not scary games...but there were times when a Yao Guai just jumps right behind you....and to me I thought that was scary

DeadPoolX
09-18-2011, 04:48 PM
I think it really depends on what you feel is scary. I know that doesn't help you at all, but everyone has different fears.

Try the demo and see if it's too scary. If it is, then you know and haven't wasted any money; if not, great! :)

laffer35
09-18-2011, 06:54 PM
It's not scary at all, and I doubt it's meant to be... it's highly atmospheric but it's more of a 'dreamy' than scary atmosphere.

Abaris365
09-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Okay call me a pu$$y or chicken...whatever you want, but I'm just not into scary games...Dead Space, Fear, that kinda stuff I won't be playing, thats for sure. And certainly no Amnesia.

Now onto my real question. Do you think I'll be able to handle LIMBO? I don't mind gore, I don't mind blood....heck, I guess you can say I handled Fallout 3 and NV just fine...if you want to consider those Yao Guais popping behind you scary...or those plant humans rising from that vault...so do you think I'll be able to handle it?

There aren't any "jump out of your seat" scenes. It is very atmospheric and at the beginning it might be a bit disturbing to some people but don't worry; you get used to it quickly. I'd be surprised if anyone has nightmares about it.

Why don't you just download the demo and make up your own mind? ;)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/48000/

nrnoble
09-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Not Scary....More creepy in a dark "Addams Family" kind of way.

steven88
09-27-2011, 01:39 AM
okay i just got done playing metro 2033...lets put it this way, I was able to handle metro...there were some truly scary moments...where I jumped out of my seat...but i was able to handle it for the most part

would you say Limbo is about as scary as Metro?

shurcooL
09-27-2011, 07:55 AM
If you could handle Metro, you'll be okay with Limbo. Enjoy it! :)

ironsniper13
09-28-2011, 05:25 PM
its more creepy and atmospheric...

Rastrelly
10-03-2011, 07:01 AM
I found it creepy and disgusting. Yay.

steven88
10-21-2011, 08:07 PM
I found it creepy and disgusting. Yay.

you think so?

skypezee
10-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Limbo has a surreal feel to it along with having its moments of reminding you that the game has a very dark atmosphere. But I wouldn't say that it is scary.

But then again I've played a lot of scary games such as Silent Hill, Eternal Darkness and Fatal Frame. Even watched someone play Amnesia: The Dark Descent, of which despite someone else playing it I still freaked out.

InDebt
10-30-2011, 02:43 AM
The only 'scarey' part was when you first meet Mr. Spider and it isn't even the fight. You just see his legs move as he walks off.

That brief encounter made my ♥♥♥ grab my chair.

alcahmahol
12-28-2011, 11:22 PM
The game is disturbing :)

Garol
12-31-2011, 04:24 PM
The answer is already here, but i will also say that this is not a scary game. The feel of it might make u think that it is. The game itself is more of a "mysterious" type. The spiders in the game are not scary either - it just makes things interesting.