PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to disable the film grain?

Lord_Gannondorf
09-14-2011, 06:07 AM
I hate film grain in games, is there any way to disable it? I've had a look through the menus but didn't see an option for it. Any chance of getting an option for it patched in?

Dingo
09-14-2011, 06:24 AM
try looking through the config file

Documents\Hard Reset\profiles\"your name"\config.cfg

aforumtotalkon1
09-14-2011, 06:43 AM
I hate film grain in games, is there any way to disable it? I've had a look through the menus but didn't see an option for it. Any chance of getting an option for it patched in?

Not sure, its quite annoying tho.

KriScg
09-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Currently it's not possible. In the nearest patch there will be a new console variable for switching it off/on.

Dave3d
09-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Sweet.
I dislike film grain also.
And blur.
And dof.
And head bobbing.
And weapon bobbing.
And blood-on-screen.

:D

jim2point0
09-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Currently it's not possible. In the nearest patch there will be a new console variable for switching it off/on.

OMG LOL DEY DUMBING DIS GAYM DOWN FER CONZOLS

k, in all seriousness... that sounds great. film grain should be optional, i think.

KriScg
09-14-2011, 12:45 PM
And blur.
And dof.
:D

There are already some variables for radial blur (the one which used during sprinting and some boss fighting) and DOF. Just use "pp_dof_enable 0" and "pp_radial_blur_enable 0". You can enter it in the console or place it in the config file. IMHO game looks better with blur and DOF enabled, but that's your choice :).

Dave3d
09-14-2011, 12:58 PM
There are already some variables for radial blur (the one which used during sprinting and some boss fighting) and DOF. Just use "pp_dof_enable 0" and "pp_radial_blur_enable 0". You can enter it in the console or place it in the config file. IMHO game looks better with blur and DOF enabled, but that's your choice :).

Well, cant access the console until they fix it.
What file do I put these in?

And, thanks a LOT for this.

KriScg
09-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Well, cant access the console until they fix it.
What file do I put these in?

Console should work fine, just press "ctrl shift ~" ingame.

Or put it into the config.cfg file, which is located here: C:\Users\your_user_name\Documents\Hard Reset\profiles\your_ingame_profile_name\config.cfg .

Dave3d
09-14-2011, 02:59 PM
+rep to ya.
Thanks a lot.