PDA

View Full Version : The is this Admin "Abuse" or Not Debate

cj&thebreakfast
09-14-2011, 09:41 AM
So there has been some controversy among my fellow gaming community "buddies" as to whether abusing fools to "make" them Pull a Wire to defuse is "abuse" or not. Personally I think it's funny, and if the whole server does too, how can it be abuse? When I think of abuse I think of something bad for a server, but idk that's just me.

The behavior in question is exemplified in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQzKpn7f1rg

bugtrip
09-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Not really that funny, but I wouldn't say its abuse. It's your server. If I was the admin here, I would have let him defuse, and explained to him afterward how pulling works. But then again, I'm an adult.

r
09-14-2011, 11:17 AM
This is admin abuse, and not funny to boot.

An adult would have waited until he was done defusing THEN explained that 'next time you should pull the wire instead of defusing'

ViSkY
09-14-2011, 11:17 AM
lol css bullying. And in reality its kind of pathetic unless you know the person you are doing it to and such. If you were to get admin secretly on that server and keep on slapping the admin like that anonymously he would probably scream and curse at everything and kick all the admins on the server...

r
09-14-2011, 11:22 AM
I was browsing that Youtube and it looks like he has quite a habit. There is another video where he slays somebody who is defusing so a 'fool' as the OP would say can pull the wire.

cj&thebreakfast
09-14-2011, 11:51 AM
But people love it so much. How can that really be abuse? Good abuse I take it?

bugtrip
09-14-2011, 12:36 PM
What server you play on so I know never to join it?

zeerard
09-14-2011, 02:01 PM
i leave then black list servers with idiot admins, my black list is kinda big now

ViSkY
09-14-2011, 03:27 PM
i leave then black list servers with idiot admins, my black list is kinda big now

Lol, I don't need to black list servers, I just get banned for playing better than the admin.

Al_Elisande
09-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Lol, I don't need to black list servers, I just get banned for playing better than the admin.

hahah i have the same issue :D

cj&thebreakfast
09-14-2011, 05:47 PM
I can see where you're coming from saying it's abuse and childish. But can you just discount the laughing cohorts completely? Damn, even the ol' lady is laughing. The guy in the vid getting slapped was rofling after. Nobody ♥♥♥♥♥ed, it was ♥♥♥♥ing good "hi" times.

But if you look at admin logs it may look like abuse, and I think some dude that was dead and spec'n cried foul...though he wasn't involved.

Idk. Just to clarify, we aren't kids...we just find a laugh in the immature sometimes. Who doesn't like a good time?

Ghost Dog
09-15-2011, 03:46 PM
That was stupid, first they slap him using a feature not in the original game, to force him to use a feature not in the original game.

shamoke
09-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Some think it's funny, others don't. I personally wouldn't like it if an admin did this to a stranger (or me). To a friend perhaps but not to an innocent player.

Blazey24
09-15-2011, 04:23 PM
What the ♥♥♥♥ is pull the wire...

JayCat
09-15-2011, 04:42 PM
What the ♥♥♥♥ is pull the wire...

It's a plugin that gives the T's an OPTION to choose one of several wires to defuse the bomb. If you choose the wrong one the bomb explodes.