PDA

View Full Version : Paradox 5-Day sale!

stud. iur.
09-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Wednesday: Cities in Motion + DLCs 75%!

Thursday: Sengoku 20% off and Strategy pack 80% off (does not include all paradox strategy games on Steam)

Friday: King Arthur + DLCs 75% off

Saturday: Mount and Blade Series 75% off

Sunday: Magicka + DLCs 75% off

50% off (almost) every paradox game during the sale!

sp33dking89
09-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Yayyy...........

xboxer
09-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Not interested in any Paradox games. :(

Futaleufu
09-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Cities in Motion looks like a good deal.

epsylon_Z1
09-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Today: Cities in Motion + DLCs 75%! :D

50% off every paradox game during the sale!My wishlist is on GamersGate not on Steam .

Also : the " complete " pack on Steam isn't complete .

stud. iur.
09-14-2011, 11:17 AM

Yes, it definitely is. And you can play it on your MacBook (if you have one). :)

stud. iur.
09-14-2011, 11:22 AM
My wishlist is on GamersGate not on Steam.

GamersGate has also a CiM sale. But you have to pay twice as much. ;)

epsylon_Z1
09-14-2011, 11:23 AM
GamersGate has also a CiM sale. But you have to pay twice as much. ;)I know , but have you seen this on GamersGate ?

DRM Free

Pheace
09-14-2011, 11:24 AM
I know , but have you seen this on GamersGate ?

Why would anyone on the Steam forums care that it requires Steam?

kabooom
09-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Waiting magicka complete 75% off

stud. iur.
09-14-2011, 11:26 AM
I know , but have you seen this on GamersGate ? DRM free

Well ok that's a good point but 10 is (for me) too much for this type of game.

epsylon_Z1
09-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Well ok that's a good point but 10 is (for me) too much for this type of game.In this case i respect your choice .

oktoberklub
09-14-2011, 11:34 AM
I can't recommend Cities in Motion. It looks fantastic, but the actual simulation part of the game is horrible. It's just not thought through, from the cars that are too small to the lack of intervals for buses and trains. No, I don't want to install thousands of modifications and, no, I don't want to adapt to the obscure rules of the game. I want a complete simulation. Better stay away from it, I know it looks tempting.

Bobafett2k6
09-14-2011, 11:40 AM
What's the deal with Magicka? Is multiplayer a must to enjoy the game? I'm a single player gamer mostly and the type of gameplay that Magicka has interests me but only if there's a decent story mode.

bugtrip
09-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Ship Simulator EXTREMES & With THIS thing! http://www.shipsim.com/products/shipcontrolunit

Whoa what a rush!

gazonokosil
09-14-2011, 11:43 AM
What's the deal with Magicka? Is multiplayer a must to enjoy the game? I'm a single player gamer mostly and the type of gameplay that Magicka has interests me but only if there's a decent story mode.

Story mode is amazing, and I love this game because of it.
Magicka also has coop, it's very good and fun too.

Menphues
09-14-2011, 11:43 AM

Agree, I just looked at their list of games for the 74.99 and NONE of them appeal to me, and NONE of them are worth buying.

Most of the games listed are DLC for games.

5 days of just Paradox Games? Well looks like the cheapest sales EVER for me, save me some money :)

Archer Kane
09-14-2011, 11:45 AM
During summer sale Paradox Comeplte pack was on discount of 75% off and was $74.99.

Today the complete pack is on 87% off and is priced at $99.99

I doubt that many new releases have come out for it to have changed prices so much, Plus there is more of a discount this time compared to Summer Sale. Or am I missing something?

kakkerlak
09-14-2011, 11:45 AM
mount&blade warband try the demo and wait for a deal.

DrZoidberg
09-14-2011, 11:47 AM
The story mode of magicka is THE best part of the game...

i played it coop with a friend and it was great, you will laugh your ♥♥♥ of.

gazonokosil
09-14-2011, 11:47 AM

King Arthur, Magicka, Mount and Blade, Penumbra, Kings' Crusade... Nothing?

Maybe you just don't like strategies... :)

{Yotsuba}
09-14-2011, 11:48 AM
50% off every paradox game during the sale!

A couple of the games are only 20% off.

Scorcher24
09-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Guys help me lol.
I can only afford one more Game this month, because I already bought Fallout New Vegas and DoD.
I have Cities in Motion on my Wishlist since it came out, but I really enjoyed the Demo of Magicka too.
So now I am between those two.

GirlPower23
09-14-2011, 11:50 AM

A couple of the games are only 20% off.

It would be a bit ridiculous to 50% off games that just came out.

kakkerlak
09-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Guys help me lol.
I can only afford one more Game this month, because I already bought Fallout New Vegas and DoD.
I have Cities in Motion on my Wishlist since it came out, but I really enjoyed the Demo of Magicka too.
So now I am between those two.holliday sales comming soon(for me anyway) put the money in the wallet.

cl4ym4n
09-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Guys help me lol.
So now I am between those two.

No idea about CiM, but Magicka is a hilarious and fun game, but you definately should have atleast 1 friend to play coop with.

You + 3 other friends + teamspeak/vent/mumble = bestestest fun evar.

SpiritSharD
09-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I've already got Mount & Blade and Magicka; only other game I'm interested in is the Penumbra games.

Give them a daily and I will buy. :p

DarkOmegaX
09-14-2011, 11:58 AM
No idea about CiM, but Magicka is a hilarious and fun game, but you definately should have atleast 1 friend to play coop with.

You + 3 other friends + teamspeak/vent/mumble = bestestest fun evar.

Just a heads up, Magicka is indeed a fun game but there are some unresolved bugs that will most likely never be fixed. In my case, when I reached Chapter 4 the game randomly would slow down to the point it was unplayable for many minutes. After a while the speed would go back to normal for a while and then slowdown again so I had to stop playing.
More people on the forums had similar problems but none of the proposed solutions worked for me.

suprfunhappygun
09-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Looks like I'll be picking up the Penumbra games then! Hoping for a daily but I doubt that'll happen :(

They might not be very known but they have good games. Magicka and the Mount & Blade games are great, Lead & Gold is okay but doesn't do too much to distinguish itself from other online shooters except its setting. Haven't played any of their other games since I'm not big on strategy :P

Rebel44
09-14-2011, 12:05 PM
During summer sale Steam(Valve) forgot to list several games (which were part of that pack), so listed discount was incorrect.

DrZoidberg
09-14-2011, 12:11 PM
does Mount & Blade have online coop?

kakkerlak
09-14-2011, 12:17 PM
try the warband demo
http://www.taleworlds.com/

mount& blade has many mods I am sure there is some coop around.

diplomacy mod in the singleplayer is a must for me.

myth700
09-14-2011, 12:21 PM

Story mode is great... and hilarious

Magicka is a really really really good game but it's buggy as all hell :(

The fun I have when I play helps me look past some of the bugs though, don't even bother trying if your planning on playing on a laptop, MAC or with an integrated card

Monty Waged War
09-14-2011, 12:28 PM
mount&blade warband try the demo and wait for a deal.

inb4 graphics♥♥♥♥♥ complain about the ♥♥♥♥ty graphic and feel like playing games from 10 years ago.

ZaD
09-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Agree, I just looked at their list of games for the 74.99 and NONE of them appeal to me, and NONE of them are worth buying.

5 days of just Paradox Games? Well looks like the cheapest sales EVER for me, save me some money :)
Paradox is one of the last editors publishing real PC-only, audacious and not casual-oriented games (just look at the last Supreme Ruler lol), and they deserve credit for that.
You should at least give a chance to the Mount & Blade serie. I don't know how is it possible not to like it :D

Bobafett2k6
09-14-2011, 12:30 PM
What's the deal with Magicka?

don't even bother trying if your planning on playing on a laptop

Oh... Why? I can play most games without a problem.

TheInsaneDump
09-14-2011, 12:34 PM
If you don't own Mount & Blade: Warband yet, please do yourself a favor and get it.

Archer Kane
How many games were missed out? I thought it was only a couple.

Still - a $25 increase with an additional 12% discount off sounds odd.

kakkerlak
inb4 graphics♥♥♥♥♥ complain about the ♥♥♥♥ty graphic and feel like playing games from 10 years ago.I always assume I am talking to people who like games not looks.

there is a shader bug , not a game breaker just alt+enter two times.

Monty Waged War
09-14-2011, 12:35 PM

Because it have problem with integrated graphic cards. But I played on my Dell Studio 1555 just fine here. :D

Great fun playing co-op with my little sisters too.

AM_Buckle
09-14-2011, 12:38 PM
So guys, what are the best games from the Paradox pack?
*Note I already have Mount & Blade series.

Monty Waged War
09-14-2011, 12:39 PM
I always assume I am talking to people who like games not looks.

Good to hear that as I'm quite frustrated with all the complain about graphics to games that are deserved to be played and enjoyed regardless if it's on ASCII, dx9 engine or whatever that is not top of the line.

They missed a lot of fun games and I feel sorry for them. :(

Monty Waged War
09-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Only one question though, do I get HOI III, AOD or DH?

soviet_sharkey
09-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Majest 75% off and King Arthur Complete 75% off and then we talk money Paradox

tatsu91
09-14-2011, 12:52 PM

Magicka was really good

Bobafett2k6
09-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Magicka was really good

Apparently not if you have a laptop, which is really disappointing since i've just got interested in it.

tonka
09-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Cities in Motion US$ 4.99

Bought.

mnickerson
09-14-2011, 12:56 PM
The new pack includes content that was not available in the Summer Sale pack.

I'm pretty sure the Summer Sale price was more than 75% off of what was included in the package.

TheInsaneDump
09-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Majest 75% off and King Arthur Complete 75% off and then we talk money Paradox

I'm sure both games will be featured eventually for that discount.

OmegaRed60
09-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Apparently not if you have a laptop, which is really disappointing since i've just got interested in it.

Works fine on my laptop.

Maybe it's your specs. You can't just generalize all laptops since they all aren't using the same parts just like any other PC.;)

ZaD
09-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Only one question though, do I get HOI III, AOD or DH?
If it's your first Hearts of Iron game, avoid the III (much more complicated than the others, needs the expansions).
AoD and DH are quite similar. AoD is more polished yet because he's older than DH, but DH includes a WW1 campaign too that is quite interesting. Both are good, you won't do nightmares for weeks like "damn I should have take the other one" ;)

Bobafett2k6
09-14-2011, 01:16 PM
don't even bother trying if your planning on playing on a laptop, MAC or with an integrated cardBecause it have problem with integrated graphic cards. But I played on my Dell Studio 1555 just fine here. :D
Works fine on my laptop.

Maybe it's your specs. You can't just generalize all laptops since they all aren't using the same parts just like any other PC.;)

It's not my specs, i don't own the game, i'm not likely to spend money on it either if there's a distinct possibility it won't work.

Elenoe
09-14-2011, 01:19 PM
how is City in Motion compared to CitiesXL(2011)? I have CitiesXL and I see CiM is exactly the same. I always looking into it but always end with "I already have such game". What is the difference?

Chiatroll
09-14-2011, 01:27 PM
I think I alright own most of the paradox pack when I was looking it over.

JMantis
09-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Hoping for a good deal on Penumbra Collector Pack., though 50% off is not bad either. :)

AM_Buckle
09-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Is it just me or are they mostly strategy games ... and inferior to the likes of Total War and Command and Conquer?

Gizka
09-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Europa Universalis seems interesting. Is it any good?

gNatFreak
09-14-2011, 01:45 PM

I'm pretty sure the Summer Sale price was more than 75% off of what was included in the package.

Yeah, what he said ^^

I mean, they came out with new games, new DLCs, etc... since the summer sale. (Well, at least there was a whole bunch of stuff released in June of 2011; when was the summer sale? I forgot :p)

OmegaRed60
09-14-2011, 01:49 PM
It's not my specs, i don't own the game, i'm not likely to spend money on it either if there's a distinct possibility it won't work.

You could try the demo for Magicka. I don't own it either, but the demo ran fine for me.

Unless there's something different in the full version I think I'll pick up the complete pack if they decide to put it on sale.

ZaD
09-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Is it just me or are they mostly strategy games ... and inferior to the likes of Total War and Command and Conquer?
Those games are mostly grand strategy games (Europa Universalis, Victoria...) or wargames (Hearts of Iron, Rise of Prussia...) that haven't much to do with TW or C&C.
Europa Universalis seems interesting. Is it any good?
It is if you like grand stratey games :) But it's better to take the Chronicles pack with all the expansions, it might be a dealy deal.

uthoff
09-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Oh man,

another paradox sale with all those strategy games.

Those paradox games are really on sale every one or two weeks on the different dd sites.

Europa universalis, hearts of iron, cities in motion-you cant avoid them-havent bought even one of these till today as i dont like strategy games at all :(

A bethesda, activision or capcom sale someday would be really great and something more special!

Archer Kane
09-14-2011, 02:12 PM

Ok thanks for clarification. Going to make a purchase tonight :)

cryptload
09-14-2011, 02:29 PM
5 days of garbage, but Magicka

dratyan
09-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Yey! Finally a sale where I have zero interest of purchasing any of the games part of it! Thank you Steam for not making me spend more.

Daiichi
09-14-2011, 02:41 PM
I own a lot of Paradox games already. Though, I need Druids DLC for King Arthur. Probably will also get King's Crusade collection if it's a daily.

Corruption876
09-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Majesty Gold is a steal. Lovely little game that doesn't have any peers quite like it even a decade later.

Majesty 2 is more of a castrated RTS than a sim, which is to say it isn't actually Majesty. If it hits 75% off, though, it might be worth it.

jdun
09-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Majesty 2 is pretty good IMO. With all the DLC it will give you over 100 hours of game play. I highly recommend it from a person that already finished the game and love puzzle/strategy games.

You don't control any units you built. You built buildings and hopefully the hero you created will protect your village. It a pure macro game with RPG elements.

Beckman67
09-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Cool, i just bought those Penumbra games.

oranjedrank
09-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Ugh come on the only good series is mount and blade, magicka doesnt work on laptops to tell anyone thinking about buying it all they need to do is fix that _-_-_

pochepiller
09-14-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm waiting for the second patch of HOI3 whose name is For the Motherland, its a paid patch in the Paradox Interactive way.

(does it show I'm sour with HOI3 vanilla)

Bruno_Morais
09-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Penumbra <3

cccino
09-14-2011, 04:16 PM
EDIT: This post looks a little out of context after the thread was merged :D

The Summer Sale was 90% off, or something like that. Plus as stated it had a few unlisted/late items.

The last thing released before the Summer version was the HoI3 expansion For the Motherland - so anything released July '11 or later is new. Apart from a few DLC the only major release has been Supreme Ruler: Cold War. So I guess it's like buying the pack ($75) + SRCW ($24).

Metro
09-14-2011, 04:17 PM

No worries, bad taste is not a crime.

A bethesda, activision or capcom sale someday would be really great and something more special!

Bethesda? Activision? Capcom? Console gamer alert.

Majesty Gold is a steal. Lovely little game that doesn't have any peers quite like it even a decade later.

Majesty 2 is more of a castrated RTS than a sim, which is to say it isn't actually Majesty. If it hits 75% off, though, it might be worth it.

Eh, I found Majesty 2 better because it was more interactive. Majesty is nice but you basically just sit and watch. A lot of times there isn't even a point to putting up bounty flags.

DRUNKCANUCK
09-14-2011, 04:28 PM
So many games on sale, yet none interest me...AT ALL

cccino
09-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Yey! Finally a sale where I have zero interest of purchasing any of the games part of it! Thank you Steam for not making me spend more.

So many games on sale, yet none interest me...AT ALL

Pretty much how I felt when everyone was waxing lyrical over the id Super Pack or whatever it was.

Metro
09-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Again, bad taste is not a crime. Deal with it and move on -- no one needs your 'myspace' take on the sales.

codsniper_01
09-14-2011, 05:12 PM
THIS THREAD IS FALSE!

bobsbarricades
09-14-2011, 05:16 PM

I can play it on my MBP that has an 8600m GT 128 in it. although...I have to put it all on lowest quality in windowed mode ^o^

Odra
09-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Not a big sim fan, but I still recommend Warband.

Plays mostly like a third-person-fighter with light micromanagement; sunk about 350 hours on the single player alone.

Other than that the only other titles that would interest me would be Penumbra and Magicka. (Still, I'm going to look over all the titles)

Scorcher24
09-14-2011, 05:29 PM
I got Cities in Motion now.
I have it on my radar since it was announced and I think I will have a lot of fun with it. The Tutorial played very well and the devs are very active on their forums.

cccino
09-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Since this question seems to have been ignored:
how is City in Motion compared to CitiesXL(2011)? I have CitiesXL and I see CiM is exactly the same. I always looking into it but always end with "I already have such game". What is the difference?

They are different types of games.

CitiesXL is a city builder, like the SimCity series.
Cities in Motion is a transport game, you set up stations/stops and routes around an existing city. I guess like Transport Tycoon. CiM has a demo, though not on Steam (http://www.citiesinmotion.com/media/demos/).

Arguably neither game is as good as older ones in their respective sub-genres, although graphically they are both very nice.

T@F
09-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Anyone know if Woody Two-Legs: Attack of the Zombie Pirates can use joypad?
I want to buy it but only if it uses joypad.

Fatdude
09-14-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm looking forward for a 1 or 2 magicka dlcs , Penumbra Black Plague and Pirates of the Cove for %75 sale.

Also did anyone notice Europa Universalis : Rome Vae Victis has the image of Cevile in the Paradox Sale page

Also : I suggest ppl to try magicka its a really fun game with a really different gameplay.Majesty games are also really good.First game is really good and has more sim aspects while second has has less sim but more action and a bit more controll overall.Still both games are fun and worth their price at %50 or %75

Shining Star
09-14-2011, 07:25 PM
I love Paradox, there are so many games that I want to buy...

Darkest Hour: A Heart of Iron Game
Heart of Iron: Motherland DLC
King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame
Magesty 2
Pirates of Black Cove
Pride of Nations
Victoria Complete Pack

I don't know which I should buy.

P.S. I have Magicka complete pack and it doesn't work on my notebook :( But, soon I'll get a new desktop :D .

BadMojo
09-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Only Need Penumbra Collectors and SOTS Complete

Corruption876
09-14-2011, 07:43 PM
To anyone who is insterested in Majesty 2:

Be sure you buy Majesty 2 Collection. If you simply buy the base game and DLC's, you will not have access to certain items/bonus content from the in-game store. I am not certain which version the Paradox Complete Pack includes, but the list suggests it may not be the Collection version, so beware.

adz
09-14-2011, 08:01 PM

just got it. =]

cccino
09-14-2011, 08:20 PM
To anyone who is insterested in Majesty 2:

Be sure you buy Majesty 2 Collection. If you simply buy the base game and DLC's, you will not have access to certain items/bonus content from the in-game store. I am not certain which version the Paradox Complete Pack includes, but the list suggests it may not be the Collection version, so beware.

If you buy the Paradox Complete pack you end up with 2 items in your games list: "Majesty 2" (with the three DLC listed with the right-click menu) and "Majesty 2 Collection" (with no DLC listed).

jaws673
09-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Are Paradox games the only ones that are going to be on sale or are different developers/publishers going to be on sale every day?

Corruption876
09-14-2011, 08:24 PM
If you buy the Paradox Complete pack you end up with 2 items in your games list: "Majesty 2" (with the three DLC listed with the right-click menu) and "Majesty 2 Collection" (with no DLC listed).

Good to know. The list isn't entirely clear about it.

Chiatroll
09-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Just paradox. It's called the paradox publisher event in the news. It's a five day paradox even. So much better then the ubisoft week.

Metro
09-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Just for the record, the cash shop stuff in Majesty 2 is pretty pointless/overkill.

jaws673
09-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Just paradox. It's called the paradox publisher event in the news. It's a five day paradox even. So much better then the ubisoft week.

ubisoft>paradox

StaunchGamers
09-14-2011, 08:44 PM

It was exactly 89% (have a screenshot from the Paradox Pack). The real problem is that neither 87% (now), nor 89% (and any other "70%-90%" related) are honest discounts to the end customer (no matter region), or any other "Pack" from a sale. From the Christmas sales the model was "changed".

"Package price" is artificially increased to be able to write a huge discount in the end - something that isn't fair. Maths & calculations. This guarantees better profits in the end, yup. Everyone knows that, but not everyone knows about "the little scam" :cool:.

dotaallstars
09-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Actually im excited for this sale,

I've been eyeing:

Majesty 2 collection
Pride of Nations
East India Company collection
Heart of iron 3 or darkest hour: a hearts of iron game
Europa Universalis chronicles, rome

s1234567890m
09-14-2011, 09:04 PM
ubisoft>paradox

*cough*from dust*cough*
but seriosly you dont need steam turned on to play paradox games just run it form the app folder or move it outside the steam folder and run from the exetutable

s1234567890m
09-14-2011, 09:08 PM
just a heads up for pride of nations the main campaign has slow turn times 1min-5min depending on your machine
just a heads up

emtilt
09-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Do you think they'll still have the 50% deals throughout the 5 day sale? I want to grab a couple of these, but don't want to buy them now if they're gonna be on sale for less in the coming days, but I also don't want to miss out entirely.

Corruption876
09-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Do you think they'll still have the 50% deals throughout the 5 day sale? I want to grab a couple of these, but don't want to buy them now if they're gonna be on sale for less in the coming days, but I also don't want to miss out entirely.

Generally the "generic" discounts last throughout the entire sale, yes.

Thomasr
09-14-2011, 10:08 PM
I definitely like Paradox better than Ubisoft... The only Ubisoft games I liked were actually the Assassin's Creed and Call Of Juarez BiB...
I hope Mount&Blade gets a sale, I'd get the pack for 75% off any time =D I've actually started being interested in this game last month

atticus14
09-14-2011, 10:14 PM
im really hoping for sword of the stars complete for $4 since impulse had it the other day and im holding out for steam.

Chiatroll
09-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Actually im excited for this sale,

I've been eyeing:

Majesty 2 collection
Pride of Nations
East India Company collection
Heart of iron 3 or darkest hour: a hearts of iron game
Europa Universalis chronicles, rome

I'm looking at east india collection and sword of the stars collection.

BarrytheChopper
09-15-2011, 01:26 AM
I love Paradox, there are so many games that I want to buy...

Victoria Complete Pack

Beware the Old Vic mod. A lot of great 3rd party mods will not work with it and it is harder than spyware to get off of your machine.

By the way I just noticed Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold is gone! Glad I got it for $2 when I did.

I already have EUIII complete, Victoria II, and Darkest Hour. I'll be going for Penumbra as well if it goes to 75%.

cccino
09-15-2011, 01:50 AM
By the way I just noticed Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold is gone! Glad I got it for $2 when I did.

It disappeared shortly after the last time it went on sale, which IIRC was about a week before the Summer Sale. I actually sent off a question to Support about this a few hours ago, when I noticed it still wasn't in the pack. (Not that I expect a reply any time soon.)

kakkerlak
09-15-2011, 01:53 AM
I hate these shortend links you can't see were you land.
I opened it in sandbox looks like a referral link
http://www.stopfinger.com/category.html (removed bit Y2F0ZV9pZAkxNA==.)

Egomaster
09-15-2011, 02:01 AM

Check Magicka Forum: even developers admit that the game doesn't run well on a laptop...

Bobafett2k6
09-15-2011, 02:21 AM
Check Magicka Forum: even developers admit that the game doesn't run well on a laptop...

I guess I'll give Magicka a miss then. It's a shame really as it does look like a fun game but I'm not prepared to chuck money away on something that might not work.

I suppose the only thing that interests me now is Penumbra. If it doesn't get a daily discount I'll take it at 50% off... Or I could wait for a better sale since my backlog will already take me about 10 years to get through! :)

sciss0rz
09-15-2011, 02:33 AM
I know I'm late to the party but I definitely recommend Cities in Motion. It's quite a good transportation sim with a fairly active modding community.

Picked up the Tokyo DLC myself with the sale.

Bobafett2k6
09-15-2011, 04:34 AM
ubisoft>paradox

Anything>Ubisoft. Fixed.

Shining Star
09-15-2011, 05:26 AM
Beware the Old Vic mod. A lot of great 3rd party mods will not work with it and it is harder than spyware to get off of your machine.

I already have EUIII complete, Victoria II, and Darkest Hour. I'll be going for Penumbra as well if it goes to 75%.

Usually, I don't use 3rd party mods, but thanks for the information.

Corpekata
09-15-2011, 05:34 AM
You people talking about Magicka realize there's a demo on Steam right? Just check it out and it'll give you a good idea if it runs okay on your system.

Secret Recipe
09-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Personally I think this sale is just to make the number of games you have on your profile appear impressive :p

Fred DM
09-15-2011, 05:38 AM
ubisoft>paradox

yeah, if you're into shoddy console ports, restrictive DRM, and games made so easy you can't even die in them anymore. :rolleyes:

Paradox games are the complete opposite. :)

Galebourn
09-15-2011, 05:46 AM
Yes, it definitely is. And you can play it on your MacBook (if you have one). :)

Cities in motion is a good deal, playing on a MacBook isn't.

However, I'll wait until they're done pumping out dlc for that game. The "complete" edition costs $10 and doesn't contain german cities. I think waiting is the right thing to do.

anagain
09-15-2011, 07:01 AM

Sounds to me like you're just not a fan of Paradox or strategy titles. That's what Paradox excel at. They are by far the best company specialising in deep strategy games.

You might not like this company and the games they publish, but the simple answer to that is 'don't buy any'.

As for your argument that it's a cheap sale from Steam, well why shouldn't fans of strategy have something once in a while?

Paradox do update their games regularly and there are a fair few DLCs, but as much is expansion packs. Europa Universalis 3 is one of the best games I've ever played and has a number of excellent expansions as well as some DLC spites.

You can't knock Paradox.

AM_Buckle
09-15-2011, 07:24 AM
I really want to like these games, I'm a fan of strategy but grand strategy games just look so boring ...

Nagato
09-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Victoria 2 is fun. I would play multiplayer with a guy I know for hours upon hours a day.
Sadly, it can be pretty buggy later in the game.

Some people don't like Context Menus - The Game, though. So that's cool.

Pheace
09-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Hoping a Majesty day brings 1 up to 75% off, else I might still buy it at the end.

Charax
09-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Surprised not many people are talking about the Sword of the Stars complete collection being half price, I seem to recall it being quite a good game

Bobafett2k6
09-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Are all Paradox strategy games really deep? I want to be interested as i like RTS games, and the Civ series but i'm getting the impression that the games that Paradox have are really detailed and deep, maybe not what i'm after.

Nagato
09-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Are all Paradox strategy games really deep? I want to be interested as i like RTS games, and the Civ series but i'm getting the impression that the games that Paradox have are really detailed and deep, maybe not what i'm after.

Most of them are grand strategy games, which are pretty deep, but extremely fun if you're into that kind of thing.

Ducon
09-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Most of them are grand strategy games, which are pretty deep, but extremely fun if you're into that kind of thing.

Fact that Paradox dont know how to do tutorials is not helping..

pumpmoreoil
09-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Is there a Paradox Fantasy Pack (i.e. Majesty 2 and Eleven Legacy including DLC) still available on Steam as a package? If so, then I'm going to snag it up this time around.

cccino
09-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Is there a Paradox Fantasy Pack (i.e. Majesty 2 and Eleven Legacy including DLC) still available on Steam as a package? If so, then I'm going to snag it up this time around.

No but I bet it'll reappear as one of the dailies.

TJF588
09-15-2011, 10:51 AM
I wanna get Steam copies of the second two Penumbra games. Got the first in the first Humble Indie Bundle, and picked up the collection on Direct2Drive, but my base of PC operations is here.

Pheace
09-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Surprised not many people are talking about the Sword of the Stars complete collection being half price, I seem to recall it being quite a good game

Probably because i've been holding out for years for it to be 75% with no luck, now I have so many space games, it's 75% or bust :)

SayaSe
09-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Wow, ANOTHER Paradox game that looks exactly the damned same.

stud. iur.
09-15-2011, 11:15 AM
@ VALVE: Are you gonna add Knights of Honor and/or Rise of Prussia to the strategy pack sale too? (These games are on my wishlist since summer 2010.)

Lichens
09-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Such a shame, Nice sale we got today. I don't even know what kind of lame strategy-games is Sengoku!

Will throw it in the towel or I guess I'll wait for Magicka Sale.

ZaD
09-15-2011, 11:18 AM
"looks" indeed, you have to play them to understand that they're not.

AM_Buckle
09-15-2011, 11:21 AM
20% off? Pass on that game.

ZaD
09-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Can't see Steam main page but in case it's not written most of other Paradox strategy games are at -75% today (-50% yesterday).

I might get Supreme Ruler Cold War...

09-15-2011, 11:25 AM
It has been released today.

Lurpsukka
09-15-2011, 11:29 AM

It's really good considering the game got just released.

Bobafett2k6
09-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Can't see Steam main page but in case it's not written most of other Paradox strategy games are at -75% today (-50% yesterday).

Got my hopes up there, seems both Penumbra titles are still -50% :(

Chiatroll
09-15-2011, 11:46 AM
yeah, if you're into shoddy console ports, restrictive DRM, and games made so easy you can't even die in them anymore. :rolleyes:

Paradox games are the complete opposite. :)

Seriously. One thing you can't deny about paradox is that they are about PC games.

Taida
09-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Still no -75% on Magicka. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

I need that Complete Magicka Pack like crazy, but I'm short a few euros. Damn you, economy. :V

stud. iur.
09-15-2011, 12:09 PM
@ VALVE: Are you gonna add Knights of Honor and/or Rise of Prussia to the strategy pack sale too? (These games are on my wishlist since summer 2010.)

No answer is also an answer...:(

epsylon_Z1
09-15-2011, 12:41 PM
No answer is also an answer...:(Check the collection again . ;)

Jacan
09-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Today: Cities in Motion + DLCs 75%! :D

Downloaded the demo and was suprised and how much i enjoyed it :D so for 8 its a bargin and 100% worth the price.

Metro
09-15-2011, 12:53 PM

Just stop posting. Everything you type is /facepalm worthy.

Niji89
09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Isn't Shogun 2 a better alternative to Sengoku? I'm trying not to compare them as they are obviously two separate games but if ancient Chinese strategy is what you're looking for I would have thought Shogun 2 would be the better choice.

epsylon_Z1
09-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Isn't Shogun 2 a better alternative to Sengoku? I'm trying not to compare them as they are obviously two separate games but if ancient Chinese strategy is what you're looking for I would have thought Shogun 2 would be the better choice.I think you wanted to write Japan . ;)

kalmis
09-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Finished the first Penumbra recently so almost have to get the sequel from the sale now.

stud. iur.
09-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Check the collection again . ;)

I've checked it. Knights of Honor and Rise of Prussia are not part of the strategy pack.
I think what you mean is that they are in the main paradox pack.

in.meinem.turm.
09-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Finished the first Penumbra recently so almost have to get the sequel from the sale now.

you have to. It's even better than Overture.

Monty Waged War
09-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Anyone who bought Paradox Complete Pack got Achtung Panzer : Kharkov 1943?

I heard you'll get it but I can't find it anywhere in steam store.

Odra
09-15-2011, 04:59 PM
sengoku... Sengoku?!

*starts smashing up the forums with his banhammer*

Where's my Magicka sale? *smash* Where's my Penumbra sale!? *smash* Where is The King's Crusade pack offer and the King Arthur collection?!

*Looks around for a way to vent his frustration*

/joke

captain_video
09-15-2011, 05:14 PM

You heard wrong, it's never been released on Steam.

DRUNKCANUCK
09-15-2011, 05:19 PM
I need other sales plox...but like how Steam is doing bigger sales now.

Metro
09-15-2011, 05:59 PM
I need other sales plox.

Stop posting.

cccino
09-15-2011, 11:32 PM

You heard wrong, it's never been released on Steam.

Check my Steam profile. Achtung Panzer is in the list. It's even got achievements, and I can post a screenshot if you want.

Mind you, I don't know why the heck it exists on Steam considering you can't actually buy it or access it in any way other than buying the Paradox Complete Pack (which itself disappears outside of sale periods).

EDIT: AHA!! I found an Achtung Panzer link that actually exists!
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032053856/stats/appid/42830/achievements

cccino
09-15-2011, 11:44 PM

I feel exactly the same about every FPS ever made.

Morfolk
09-16-2011, 02:54 AM
I bought Cities in Motion and really enjoying it atm. That -75% was a steal on my behalf =)

captain_video
09-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Check my Steam profile. Achtung Panzer is in the list. It's even got achievements, and I can post a screenshot if you want.

According to Paradox itself, the game has never been released on Steam. There is no store page, no community group, no forum, no nothing. I see that your profile has an entry for it, and a list of achievements, none of which have been achieved. Hours played = zero. My hunch is that some Steam employee started to do a setup for the game on the premise it was going to be released at some point, but then it never actually was. Or perhaps it was targeted for a Steam release in a specific country. Do you by chance live in AUS? Ding ding ding...

Don't mislead other customers into thinking they're going to get something that is not in the product description.

cccino
09-16-2011, 03:43 AM
According to Paradox itself, the game has never been released on Steam. There is no store page, no community group, no forum, no nothing. I see that your profile has an entry for it, and a list of achievements, none of which have been achieved. Hours played = zero. My hunch is that some Steam employee started to do a setup for the game on the premise it was going to be released at some point, but then it never actually was. Or perhaps it was targeted for a Steam release in a specific country. Do you by chance live in AUS? Ding ding ding...

Don't mislead other customers into thinking they're going to get something that is not in the product description.

I haven't played it yet (just installed and ran once), I just wanted to prove it does exist, even if you can't buy it. It came with the Paradox Complete pack I bought during the Summer sale.

I don't and didn't refute any of what you said in your description of the situation. Why do you accuse me of trying to mislead other customers?

halbarad_loire
09-16-2011, 04:10 AM

A lot of them are strategy games but strategy is such a wide genre anyway. Inferior to C&C and TW? They're nothing like either of those franchises so making comparisons would be stupid.
It's be like trying to compare Gran Turismo and Final Fantasy and determining which was the best Platformer.

As for the sale, I'm happy with it. Paradox are one of my favorite devs/pubs now. They make some fantastic games, especially such as Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis, King Arthur, etc.

Then they publish some amazing games like Mount & Blade, Magicka, etc.

Games made by paradox are insanely deep and that's what we love about them. They don't pander to the idiots of the world like 99% of every other game does now.
What's that, you don't know how to make your guy shoot the bullets? Don't worry, the next Call of Duty game will actually shoot them for you. Don't know how to turn a corner? Our racing game has brilliant auto-assist that practically drives the car for you!

Give me hardcore grand-strategy by paradox anyday. I love the challenge!

I'm happy I asked Paradox on twitter if Sengoku was coming to steam as well. They said it wouldn't be long and blam, 3 hours late, 5 lower than the normal price everywhere else! Saved myself some money just asking the question since I was going to buy it from somewhere else.

Isn't Shogun 2 a better alternative to Sengoku? I'm trying not to compare them as they are obviously two separate games but if ancient Chinese strategy is what you're looking for I would have thought Shogun 2 would be the better choice.
They're quite different. Sengoku is meant to be a lot more about politics than war, quite the opposite of TW which is more War than Politics.
It all depends what you're going for but to mistake the two as being comparable is understandable, but it's still a mistake.

But for tactics, as in battles etc, go for Total War. For Strategy - which is everything, from military to political, from marriage to subterfuge, and so on, go for Sengoku.
My advice, get them both :P

Ducon
09-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Stop posting.

Since when you became a mod? They forgot to give you a title and change color...

Sekutor
09-16-2011, 05:54 AM
Introduce in Russia other payment methods besides WebMoney, them do not trust in Russia!

AAkiller
09-16-2011, 06:52 AM
i'm waiting for mount and blade 2 pre-order.

COME TO MEEEE, MOUNT AND BLADE 2!

excelancije
09-16-2011, 07:31 AM

Also did anyone notice Europa Universalis : Rome Vae Victis has the image of Cevile in the Paradox Sale page

Will somebody finally correct this? Steam, anyone???:mad:

BadMojo
09-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Only Need Penumbra Collectors and SOTS Complete

Not looking good for me

ZaD
09-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Indeed. I guess the two sales left will concern M&B and Magicka. SOTS and Penumbra are too old...

BadMojo
09-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Indeed. I guess the two sales left will concern M&B and Magicka. SOTS and Penumbra are too old...

Agree

Bobafett2k6
09-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Oh well, two days to go. I only really want the Mount & Blade, and Penumbra games. I think it's unlikely that the Penumbra games will get a daily sale now, fingers crossed for Mount & Blade though!

BadMojo
09-16-2011, 11:18 AM
King Arthur: Fallen Champions not on sale for some reason

BadMojo
09-16-2011, 11:20 AM
King Arthur: Fallen Champions not on sale for some reason

Oh, its new

halbarad_loire
09-16-2011, 11:23 AM
I would have to assume that Mount and Blade would get something. Usually daily sales in a promotion are about a group of games together or a new game getting a special promotion. Sengoku got the new game promotion so I doubt we'll see Pirates of the Black Cove on sale.
Mount and Blade is popular so that will probably get a sale and Magicka is the same. However, Hearts of Iron is the flagship title of Paradox so I would bet anything that will be on offer.

If I were to bet, I would say Hearts of Iron and Mount and Blade will come up. Magicka isn't expensive enough originally to warrant some sort of daily deal.

nicc
09-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Hearts of Iron was on sale yesterday @ 75%, along with a bunch others on the strategy pack (Vic1/2, Pride of Nations and Europa Universalises), Sengoku was the "daily deal flagship" only.. =P

lonfar
09-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Most likely Magicka will be on sale since their new DLC called Gamer bundle

soviet_sharkey
09-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Must buy King Arthur
now Majesty and Ihappy :)

nicc
09-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Most likely Magicka will be on sale since their new DLC called Gamer bundle

Probably, since they are releasing games + deals related to them..

Wed: Cities in Motion deal + GermanCitiesDLC release
Thu: Strategy games deal + Sengoku release
Fri: King Arthur deal + King Arthur standalone game release

???: Magicka deal + Gamer bundle DLC release
???: ???

Any other new game or DLC for the weekend?

grail
09-16-2011, 12:00 PM
I was going to buy Sengoku until I found out it has no economic management.

captain_video
09-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Hearts of Iron was on sale yesterday @ 75%, along with a bunch others on the strategy pack (Vic1/2, Pride of Nations and Europa Universalises), Sengoku was the "daily deal flagship" only.. =P

Yep. If you were looking for anything specific among the Strategy Pack titles, yesterday was their sale day. It may not have been obvious to everyone from the store banner. HoI: For the Motherland was on sale yesterday for 50% off, today it's back down to 20% off.

Cholkan
09-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Yeah. I wrongly assumed that Pride of Nations would stay at 75% off till the end of the weekend. Would have bought it and the dlc but I decided to wait to see what the new special was after Senguko. Doh!

Wish it had been stated as a one day deal. Or did I miss it?

Hopefully it might be back on for the last day. Should have pounced while I had the chance.

Jordan1rw
09-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah. I wrongly assumed that Pride of Nations would stay at 75% off till the end of the weekend. Would have bought it and the dlc but I decided to wait to see what the new special was after Senguko. Doh!

Hopefully it might be back on for the last day. Should have pounced while I had the chance.

Same thing here. I was looking at a number of the ones that were on sale yesterday, but didn't have time to look into what one I wanted to pick up. Sucks, but if they don't go on sale again, I'll pick up a few still I'm sure. These darn paradox games end up taking a long time to learn each one anyhow I'm sure with 2 or 3 I'll be set for months.

Cholkan
09-16-2011, 06:35 PM
I picked up the Majesty 2 expansions tonight to keep me busy. They are very cheap. I'm sure I'll pick up another Paradox game anyway before the end of the weekend too.

At least it got me playing Europa Universalis III. Enjoying it so far. I'm trying to stock up on games like these for the winter.

Odra
09-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Yes! King Arthur collection! (:mad: @ Fallen Champions not being in the "collection)

Now Paradox, simply put Magicka and The Kings' Crusade Packs on sale and everything will be fine...

cccino
09-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Yes! King Arthur collection! (:mad: @ Fallen Champions not being in the "collection)

Now Paradox, simply put Magicka and The Kings' Crusade Packs on sale and everything will be fine...

Every daily special is to mark a new release - CiM DLC, Sengoku, KAFC - a new DLC is expected for Magicka but I've no idea what the last new release could be. [edit- oops, someone already said that just a few posts up]

Since day 2 had the strategy pack, I expect day 4 or 5 will have the fantasy pack in addition to something else.

They didn't make it particularly clear, but every deal has been one day only (except for the complete everything pack).

cccino
09-16-2011, 07:14 PM

It disappeared shortly after the last time it went on sale, which IIRC was about a week before the Summer Sale. I actually sent off a question to Support about this a few hours ago, when I noticed it still wasn't in the pack. (Not that I expect a reply any time soon.)

Got the reply from Steam Support, very prompt it must be said.

"Thank you for contacting Steam Support.
The information on the Steam Storefront is the only available information at this time.
Please refer to the Steam News section for the latest news and updates on upcoming Steam titles and content."

About as useful a reply as could be expected, I guess. I don't know if I can be bothered persuing it.

Bobafett2k6
09-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Got the reply from Steam Support, very prompt it must be said.

"Thank you for contacting Steam Support.
The information on the Steam Storefront is the only available information at this time.
Please refer to the Steam News section for the latest news and updates on upcoming Steam titles and content."

About as useful a reply as could be expected, I guess. I don't know if I can be bothered persuing it.

That's their reply? I wouldn't waste your time pursuing it, you'll just get more intelligent replies like that.

Are Steam Support based in Asia? (serious question) as sometimes I often wonder if they can speak/read English at a decent level. You know when a question is asked, and the reply has little do with the question, that sort of thing makes me believe that English isn't their first language.

Ramun Flame
09-17-2011, 05:35 AM
Magicka sale should be on Sunday. Check out this quote from their community update.

"It's a short one!
As the title said, it's a short community update this week. As a side
note I would recommend checking out Steam on Sunday. "

Metro
09-17-2011, 05:45 AM
Hmm, hopefully today is Mount and Blade. It has to be either that or Majesty.

JMantis
09-17-2011, 06:13 AM
I'm still hoping for a better deal on the Penumbra pack but if not I'll probably buy it anyway as 8 euros isn't a bad price to begin with.

Cipe
09-17-2011, 06:17 AM
M
...it's a short community update this week...

Awesome, a new free DLC perhaps?

Ramun Flame
09-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Awesome, a new free DLC perhaps?

Well.. http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/strategy/magicka-gamer-bundle/

They said there would be a free DLC a few months ago, idk what happened with that...

DarkChaplain
09-17-2011, 11:20 AM
There's apparently some Skyrim Robe that was been announced but didn't arrive yet.
Aside from that, the Gamer Bundle will be out tomorrow when Magicka is on sale.
Don't try to activate the DLC from GMG yet, though, as it will render your game useless until the DLC content gets rolled out via steam (has been the same with the Nippon DLC).

They've also hinted "something spooky", so I'd guess we'll see some halloween content update

suprfunhappygun
09-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Damn it! So tempted to already buy the Penumbra collection since the last daily will probably be Magicka then.

And yet, something in the back of my mind tells me to wait...

halbarad_loire
09-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Damn it! So tempted to already buy the Penumbra collection since the last daily will probably be Magicka then.

And yet, something in the back of my mind tells me to wait...

May as well wait until tomorrow just to make sure it is Magicka on offer. Not like Penumbra is going to dissapear in the next 23 hours :P

Taida
09-17-2011, 11:56 AM
I hope Magicka will be 75% off, not 66%. Assuming that it will be the one to get daily deal tomorrow.

freakn1ck
09-17-2011, 01:44 PM
so by all indications Sunday will be Magicka right? :)

"Magickagame RedYellowBlueGreen
Also don't miss the Paradox takeover on steam. It's theirs for 5! days Will Magicka get a day? Vlad says "likely" store.steampowered.com"

soviet_sharkey
09-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Looks like Majesty isn't getting a sale
DAMNIT (now have to buy for 50 instead of 75% off)

dew gal
09-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Looks like Majesty isn't getting a sale
DAMNIT (now have to buy for 50 instead of 75% off)

You could wait until black Friday or Christmas if you really want the 75% off (not a guarantee but likely)

Metro
09-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Paradox Fantasy Pack during the Summer Sale was $8 for Majesty Gold, Majesty 2 Complete, and Elven Legacy. I didn't really care for Elven Legacy but eight bucks for all the Majesty content was a good price~ They might repeat that during the next big sale.

Corruption876
09-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Paradox Fantasy Pack during the Summer Sale was $8 for Majesty Gold, Majesty 2 Complete, and Elven Legacy. I didn't really care for Elven Legacy but eight bucks for all the Majesty content was a good price~ They might repeat that during the next big sale.

What would be even cooler is if they added Magicka to the pack (with an increased price, obviously) and then put all of them up for tomorrow's feature.

I'm a genius! Someone should pay me for this stuff.

fakkizmo
09-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Yea too bad Majesty wont be on sale but still that price is not bad for complete pack.

grail
09-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Is M&B:Fire and Sword worth getting if I already own the two previous titles in the series?

DarkChaplain
09-17-2011, 05:42 PM
@grail
at its stand-alone pricetag, if you enjoyed the older titles, go for it, I'd say

FreEm1nD
09-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Sorry for being lazy, but I have a question. Do "through sunday" means that tomorrow will have sale or it ends today? (I am confused because if they have a new sale sunday it will be one more day of sale, lasting through monday?)
The games I want to buy are Magicka and the Penumbra ones. It would not be cool to wait until tomorrow at 12:00 to know everything goes off sale.. lol

DM36
09-17-2011, 07:22 PM
I have not bought any yet during this sale, but I already own:

Lead & Gold: Gangs of the Wild West

Magicka + Caverns + Marshlands + Nippon + The Lonely Cruise + Vietnam + Wizard's Survival Kit

Mount & Blade + Warband + Fire and Sword

Penumbra Black Plague + Requiem

I think I might pick up the rest of the Magicka DLC (Party Robes + Frozen Lake + Final Frontier + The Watchtower) for $4.46, but what else is worth grabbing?

I see a lot of the other games are strategy type games. I don't really mind strategy games, but I already have a ton of those (Civ IV, the Total War games, Warhammer, etc..) I guess if I grabbed a strat game, I'd want one that is not really too in depth, but rather quick pick up and play, with some maybe a good focus on cinematics (like the Total War, Star Wars: Empires at War, etc.. type games).

I did check out the King Arthur Demo, but that one is a bit too much like Total War actually. So I don't know...something maybe a little different, but not something that will take a long time to play. And nice looking. Hell, if there is a game there that I missed that is NOT a strat game, and still decent, I'd be willing to look at that also.

grail
09-17-2011, 07:24 PM
@grail
at its stand-alone pricetag, if you enjoyed the older titles, go for it, I'd say

Ok, thanks. At $3.74 it better be good! ;)

Corpekata
09-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Majesty games might be up your alley for more strategy-lite type of games. First and second game are fairly different from each other. The second one has a demo not on Steam if you want to give it a try, and the first is just 2.50 anyways. Have heard good things about Sword of the Stars as well but will let someone more familiar with the game go over that. Elven Legacy is strategy but not nearly as expansive as most of their other games, and relatively short without the DLC. Can be a hard game though.

mriguy
09-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Sword of the Stars is awesome. Be aware that SotS II is coming out within a few weeks so you might as well wait. There really is no campaign and the sequel will have all the original ships and more. SotS II is a definate buy.

Since you like RTS games, the Majesty series is unique enough to justify a look at some reviews.

cccino
09-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Sorry for being lazy, but I have a question. Do "through sunday" means that tomorrow will have sale or it ends today? (I am confused because if they have a new sale sunday it will be one more day of sale, lasting through monday?)

In American terminology, "through" means until the end of. (In Anglo-Australian terminology, you'd have to phrase it differently). In this case it means there's still one more day after this one finishes.

FreEm1nD
09-18-2011, 01:16 AM
In American terminology, "through" means until the end of. (In Anglo-Australian terminology, you'd have to phrase it differently). In this case it means there's still one more day after this one finishes.

Thank you!

ZaD
09-18-2011, 01:36 AM
And there's 99% chances it will be Magicka ;)

Bobafett2k6
09-18-2011, 01:53 AM
And there's 99% chances it will be Magicka ;)

Agreed, I'll wait for a better discount before getting the Penumbra games. I'm happy I got the two most recent Mount & Blade titles.

freakn1ck
09-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Magicka confirmed 75% off GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Taida
09-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Thank you, Paradox <3

xD34THx
09-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Aww, had it been anything else than Magicka, I would of bought it most likely because I really was interested in a lot of games which didn't get daily. :(

Zero Alpha
09-18-2011, 11:24 AM
i just spent the last forty minutes before the deal changed, trying to purchase mount and blade complete, every time being told "There seems to have been an error updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance".

now the deal is over, and the price of the object in my cart updated itself to the old price. I am so angry right now i can't think of the words, this is really NOT ON.

i have submitted a support ticket, but as far as i can tell that does nothing. will they ever do anything about this?

Fred DM
09-18-2011, 11:36 AM
i just spent the last forty minutes before the deal changed, trying to purchase mount and blade complete, every time being told "There seems to have been an error updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance".

now the deal is over, and the price of the object in my cart updated itself to the old price. I am so angry right now i can't think of the words, this is really NOT ON.

i have submitted a support ticket, but as far as i can tell that does nothing. will they ever do anything about this?

it occurs. don't wait until the last moment to make important purchases. :rolleyes: you had 24 hours.

Zero Alpha
09-18-2011, 11:43 AM
it occurs. don't wait until the last moment to make important purchases. :rolleyes: you had 24 hours.

that's very presumptive. i only just got home at just before five from my father in law's house, and the deals change at six. this was the first chance i had to see it. I jumped on the chance and it decided to yell errors at me for forty minutes, how is that my fault?

face it, i was IN TIME. the only reason i didn't get it was because of an error on steams part, and one that i have NEVER encountered before despite purchasing 196 games on steam.

edit: and i still cannot make any purchase.

Bobafett2k6
09-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Just tried the Magicka demo and apart from the odd graphical glitch (freezing options menu, purple screen during gameplay) i'm a bit put off by the gameplay itself. I'm not sure i see the point, running along just flinging spells at goblins with no real purpose, objective, or progression. I appreciate it's only the demo but still, seemed to be lacking any motivation to me.

armyfreak221
09-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Just tried the Magicka demo and apart from the odd graphical glitch (freezing options menu, purple screen during gameplay) i'm a bit put off by the gameplay itself. I'm not sure i see the point, running along just flinging spells at goblins with no real purpose, objective, or progression. I appreciate it's only the demo but still, seemed to be lacking any motivation to me.

this game excells in multiplayer, get a friend to play and learn some combos then you really unlock the games potential.

Metro
09-18-2011, 12:46 PM
It's a multiplayer/party type of game like L4D.

TJF588
09-18-2011, 01:31 PM
*sigh* There go my hopes for Penumbra on daily.